lowering choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowering choice

between eibach sportlines and tein high tech wich in your opinion is better?

tell me why?

do you have them? what was your experience?
    eibach
    63.64%
    tein
    36.36%

Tein H-tech springs will provide very little drop. Did you mean the S-tech springs? If so, I have those and can provide some insight. They retain a very smooth ride, while lowering 2.1'' in front and 1.7'' out back. Ride quality is very close to stock, and with Koni STR.T shocks (I have them), have no bounciness whatsoever. Handling is slightly improved; slightly less body roll, good improvement in road feel.

Eibach Sportline springs should be generally stiffer. I believe they provide a 2'' drop all around, but should improve handling more than the Tein springs, due to the higher spring rates. I don't have personal experience with these springs, but Eibach is one of the most reputable companies out there for sport suspension.

It depends on preference. Do you want to maintain a smooth ride, or are you willing to tolerate a stiffer ride for better handling?

PS, if you really did mean Tein H-tech springs, they are even softer than S-tech springs, but don't provide much of a drop. Check the suspension compilation thread for the actual drop height and spring rates.
    Last edited by Nurega; 10-08-2010, 03:13 AM.
    Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
    2005 Acura TSX 6MT
    2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

I voted for Eibach. I can't really say I've rode on those specific springs but I currently have Ground Controls and Eibach makes the springs....Been on them for 5 yrs now and it rides just as good as the day I got them, no rusting nothing bad to say about em'

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

eibach. had them on the nissan and loved them. will get them for the mazda

no
        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
        $30 HID kits here Thread
        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Eibach is the "sportier" choice. Stiffer ride, rougher handling. If you JUST want a drop, then I say Tein. If you want the most performance as you can get, Eibach.

You could also call the companies and get the specific spring rates... then compare for yourself.

Either way, your choice of shock will be a big part of it. I suggest Koni STR.T if you're on a budget, or Koni Yellow or Bilstein (I don't know if they make more than one model for our cars, but ALL of Bilstein's stuff is top notch.) if you're looking to spend some money.

Comment

I'm personally going with the TAS kit pro level 1. It includes some AGX's, and Eibach sportline's. Supposedly brings the car down 1.2", which imo is just richly perfect.

Do your own research, hunt around for the best deals, and whatever you do, don't skimp on camber correction, please.

Good luck and happy shopping n dropping.

life is good.

Comment

Why is this in Off Topic anyway?

Comment

lol, no clue mike. i just found it while poking through, and since am in the market for a kit myself thought i'd chime in...til i figured out when it was actually posted.

life is good.

Comment

Working...
                X