Buying parts before I buy a CB.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying parts before I buy a CB.

Buying parts before I buy a CB? I know I am gonna get back in the game eventually. I was thinking about getting some JDM pieces before I get my CB. I am still gonna drop my current car but after that I will be saving for a CB.

Does this sound stupid? I mean buying 1 piecers, coilovers and things of that nature, and then buying my CB and having here somewhat dressed up within a few days. I just know where I wanna go with it so I wanna be ready to take her there once she is mine.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
    PSN: JDMcb7TX

Doesn't sound stupid to me. If you are set on getting back into the CB game, why not grab some pieces and parts? And even if things don't go as planned, you'll at least have a community of people willing to take the parts off your hands.
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Doesn't sound stupid what years cb are you going to get let me know i have some parts laying around the house

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

I am certain I am going to go with 92-93, has to be 5 speed, and hopefully a coupe. I am making a list.

So far I have

JDM 1 piecers
        HIDs'(8000K)
        JDM fogs(yellow bulbs)
        Some sort of Catback exhaust
        Coilovers
        Carbon fiber lip and hood
        Rear roof wing
        Flush mount spoiler

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!

Comment

Not stupid at all. In situations like this is when you should be looking for deals since your not in a hurry to get the parts. I have a collection of parts myself that I havent installed in mine, just waiting to have everything to give it a complete change later on this yr (if I still own it).

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

you sound like you got the mod bug bad!

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX View Post
              I am certain I am going to go with 92-93, has to be 5 speed, and hopefully a coupe. I am making a list.

So far I have

JDM 1 piecers
              HIDs'(8000K)
              JDM fogs(yellow bulbs)
              Coilovers
              Rear roof wing
              Flush mount spoiler
              Sounds good to me. I see you have great parts so far.
              1990 Accord EX

Comment

I think its easier to buy built then build.

If your planning on getting back, just save to buy a built one to your preference.

But if you love dinking around with cars, then building is the way to go.

Its always cheaper to buy built.

Comment

So far I have

JDM 1 piecers
                  HIDs'(8000K)
                  JDM fogs(yellow bulbs)
                  Coilovers
                  Rear roof wing
                  Flush mount spoiler
                  HMMM coincidentially that sounds like everything ims elling off my cb! lol. but i do this all the time it helps you get motivated to get the CB.

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
                  I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

^^^ Didn't you have all of that to throw on your new CB

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!

Comment

^^^ Didn't you have all of that to throw on your new CB
                      yes sir it is a boost of motivation i sometimes keep things i know ill use int he future like my Accord Coupe Emblem..the CB that i put that emblem on? is the CB i will keep FOREVERRR

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
                      I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

it will in the long run give you more determination to get a cb.

Comment

Just shop smart. Wait for good deals, and pick them up when they come along.

The only way it will be stupid is if you buy all those parts and change your mind about getting another CB! Then you're left with useless parts that you paid for.

However, if you shop smart, you can sell it all and at least make your money back... maybe even a profit!

Comment

i can't say i havent done it because i bought a magnuson supercharger before i rebuilt my engine but i like to stay in steps and buy them along the way so i can maintain a steady budget.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Cool. I was just contemplating this because I am just going to do a few more things to this ride then it is saving up for a CB again. Think I am going to do more of a Lee type of build as far as performance goes and go as JDM as I can on the exterior. Interior is going to be looking like it will be gutted down to the carpet, driver seat, and roll cage.

I mean this Infiniti is going to be my daily and my CB will be my weekend car.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!

Comment

Working...
                              X