Clear All

from what your members ride page shows how did you spend that much money

i am just getting to 10g

its seems some one didn't spend their money wisely
    ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
      ignorance of the law is never an excuse.....
      Well I told the shop I was going for inspection before I even received the exhaust that they put on for me without telling me about the catalytic converter. I think they were stressed, I can't blame them they were great. I guess now I'll go to the police office and ask them for their book that tells which things on a car are illegal. Apparently things such as having a lowered car is illegal some places. So maybe they'll just hand me over an encyclopedia to me for like $400 or so.
      Originally posted by quaidum View Post
      from what your members ride page shows how did you spend that much money

i am just getting to 10g

its seems some one didn't spend their money wisely
      Alright well I live in Canada so think of exchange rate, shipping, part cost, provincial tax & brokerage fees.

h22a motor & lsd tranny = $2050 + tax
      Labor in total: $1400ish
      Rims: $730
      Tires: $200
      Suspension: $900
      Clutch: $500
      Exhaust: $460
      Header: $215
      Spacers: 80 * 4 = $320
      Headlights: $220
      HID: $100
      Tail Lights: $150
      Shift Head & Pedals: $60
      Shift boot: $20
      Neuspeed short shifter: $120
      Custom power steering cord for h22 swap: $80
      SRI: $80
      Dynamatt trunk kit: $215
      Steering wheel & Hub: $75

Total: $7,820
      + Original car cost: $2,400
      Total: $10,295

Alright so I was roughly $105 off.

All excluding the $350 on speakers. The subwoofer, deck, wiring, sub box, and amplifiers since they're just audio.

Good news is that the shop is installing it for only $35 and I'm getting one (cat converter) that fits for $90 which is super cool. I guess I've got to replace all the little things but I mean I might as-well. It's just the darn inspection fee is retardedly through the roof!
      Last edited by StreetNewb; 09-30-2010, 10:09 PM.

^Clicky for MRT
      Kelowna Rhinoplasty and Gozie.com.

Comment

didn't notice the canada part that makes some of a difference

well i don't pay for labor b/c i do it all myself so that has saved me a lot

turbo 400
        oi lines 100
        fuel pump 100
        bisi camshaft 230
        bisi cam gear 130
        bisi heat gasket 50
        bisi pro springs 160
        kaizenspeed balance shaft eliminator 140
        new oil pump 160
        acl bearings 40
        esp solid motor mounts 300
        mild port and polish job(mostly on the exhaust ports) 100 got it for a deal while building motor
        h23 intake manifold w/iab spacer and egr removed 70
        new oem retainers+new oem valve stem seals 80
        arp head studs177
        85.5mm cast piston w/coating on crowns and skirts 250
        function and form type 1 475
        esp 3 point and 4 point strut bar 500
        energy suspension master kit 100
        TAS adjustable upper control arms 280
        new oem wheel bearings 100
        new oem lower ball joints 40
        new oem inner and outer tie rods 200
        fuel rail 75
        machine work 230
        rims 200
        headlights 540
        injectors 180
        s100 200
        p06 65
        manifold 225
        wastegate 120
        bov 200
        intercooler+piping 175 w/ welding
        catch can 60
        trans rebuild 900
        engine rebuild 500
        bisi piston rod combo 930

8942 + 1400 for car

10342 wow haven't added it up in quite awhile and this doesn't count the first turbo setup or first suspension setup
        ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by StreetNewb View Post
          Like I put, I never knew it was illegal without one. The shop never told me it was either. I mean if I knew it was illegal, that's a different story. I WOULD deserve to be fined. Unfortunately I didn't know.
          You still deserve to be fined for being ignorant. If it was the shop's fault, then it's on you to take it up with them. Tell them they owe you for the fine, and they need to install a cat. For free, because they modified your car to be illegal in the first place.

It's YOUR car. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure it is modified according to your local laws. That is yet another reason to learn about things, rather than just dumping it off at a shop and writing a check. I had my H22 swap done by a shop... and they did a LOT of things wrong. $4500 for halfassed "professional" work that took 3x as long as they estimated.

Comment

I don't know what else to tell you other than to mod and build your car within the guidelines of the law. BC is pretty damn strict as is Ontario.

When I lived in Ontario I was constantly hassled by the police with my modified vehicles. Sometimes they'd have legit reasons to stop me, other times they wanted to profile me and my vehicle, and other times they stopped me for things and poimted stuff that was illegal but then I disputed and got off the hook.

Number 1 rule in modding: Just because they sell it, doesn't mean it's legal.

Different places have different laws. Since moving to Alberta, I have owned several modified vehicles that would be total cop magnets in most other places, yet cops don't even give me a second look here.

Comment

Yeah lol it sucks :/. I'm not going to flame the shop though, they're good people and were stressed as the project was a little bit harder than they expected. Just sucks that I have to get it inspected to find out whats wrong with it ($200) and then inspected again once everything's fixed (another $200) + the $109 fine. Tiz life I guess.

^Clicky for MRT
              Kelowna Rhinoplasty and Gozie.com.

Comment

It may be worth looking into a 500 dollar daily driver and leave that car for the track.

And as for the turbulence when punching out a cat converter, if you get a cat. with a 3" inner diameter, and you get a pipe with a 3" outer diameter, you can slide the pipe through the cat. after being punched out. that way it's just a straight pipe with a "cat." shroud, but still the issue arises; it won't pass emissions.
                Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Working...
                X