Notice and Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice and Order

So a cop pulled me over because somebody stole my Novice decal that must be displayed on the back of my car, and the exhaust was loud.. well because I had no exhaust for that day (was being put on the next day and had to drive it back). He then decided to be a flipping prick and give me a notice and order to have my car inspected. Anyways, I don't have a catalytic converter because it wouldn't fit the header I purchased and the exhaust was custom fabricated to fit on without one.

Well if I get it inspected, this will lead to an instant failure (who knows what else will too). Looks like I've spent $10,400 on the car only to have to pump in another $2k to make it slower and fit our bullshit road requirements. (Cracked windshield, slightly worn cv, no catalytic converter, who knows what else).

I don't know what to do!? I hear you can dispute fines, can you dispute a notice and order?

^Clicky for MRT
    Kelowna Rhinoplasty and Gozie.com.

I don't know if you can dispute it but, well, you should probably have tried to keep it in spec with the provincial laws.

I THINK you can have some work done to improve the e-test ($200 or so) and as long as it's a bit better it may pass. Not sure.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

dispute it? it sounds legit to me
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

How is the cop being a prick? You're the one driving around with an illegal car.

Just because your modifications don't allow for necessary emissions parts doesn't mean you should remove them. You can get a new flange put on a cat of a proper diameter and have your car be legal. Not to mention, it'll stop polluting the environment. It's kids like you that cause the laws to become more and more strict as the years go by... making it harder and more expensive for people that modify their cars within the law to pursue their hobby.

Over $10,000 in your car, and you've halfassed it. That's a disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          How is the cop being a prick? You're the one driving around with an illegal car.

Just because your modifications don't allow for necessary emissions parts doesn't mean you should remove them. You can get a new flange put on a cat of a proper diameter and have your car be legal. Not to mention, it'll stop polluting the environment. It's kids like you that cause the laws to become more and more strict as the years go by... making it harder and more expensive for people that modify their cars within the law to pursue their hobby.

Over $10,000 in your car, and you've halfassed it. That's a disgrace.
          Maybe he should have "pulled out" and possibly could have "saved" himself from this mess that he got himself into!

Comment

I'm waiting for one particular comment about my sig before I remove it...

I need to go down to the shopping center near my house that has signs for Dick's (sporting goods), Seamans (furniture), and Babies R Us. In that order. One one big sign. It's hilarious.

Comment

I'm using a 3" cat off of a Camaro Z28. As for the emission / inspection things, I don't think getting rid of systems that they check for is going to hurt your performance all that much. You can still make GOBS of power with an EGR system and cat. converter.

You'll have to make friends with an inspection place real fast. They can pass it if they want to for safety inspection, however if your car isn't preforming well emission wise, it will still fail if they put it on the dynometer. Locally in Missouri, cars made in the year 1994 and older do not have to get the emissions tested. Which is why I have the EGR system off, but I chose to leave the cat. on because it's not that restrictive, it's a nice little muffler, and if I'm ever stopped by the state highway patrol I'll never have to worry about them taking out their small mirrors on sticks and looking under my car. (Yes they do that on the spot)

If you want to make it look like you have a cat but run a "test pipe" I'd just punch a straight pipe through a old cat. so that it looks like a converter but it's really just a pipe. It won't help with emissions any, but you know all that.

How much hp are you making?
              Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Hollowing out a cat is more restrictive than the cat itself. It creates a considerable amount of turbulence.

Comment

lmao@deev sig

to the OP. get a OEM cat, cut the flanges off and have them welded to your current header and exhaust. fix the stuff thats wrong with your car, hope and prey you meant $1400 and not $10,400....

Comment

I have about $15,000 sunk into my car, and it's a LONG way from being done. I could believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      I have about $15,000 sunk into my car, and it's a LONG way from being done. I could believe it.
                      Good advice Mike, child support is a bitch
                      1993 Accord LX - Sold
                      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                        lmao@deev sig

to the OP. get a OEM cat, cut the flanges off and have them welded to your current header and exhaust. fix the stuff thats wrong with your car, hope and prey you meant $1400 and not $10,400....
                        no i meant $10,400...

"How is the cop being a prick? You're the one driving around with an illegal car.

Over $10,000 in your car, and you've halfassed it. That's a disgrace. "

I haven't halfassed it. Like I said I HAD to get it home and well, at that point I didn't want to pay $150 for it to be towed. It's not like I drove around for hours, it was straight home.

Why he was being a prick though was because I can't help if somebody steels my N decal at a damn intersection. On top of that, he could have just checked #3 where it says I can bring the car back with the problem that is fixed. Instead he tells me the entire car must go for inspection.

Also, the catalyst converter was removed because it didn't fit with new exhaust (magnaflow) or header. I didn't know it was illegal with out one (yes, call me dumb), and nobody told me this either.

It's not us kids who make the road a dangerous place, it's the moronic arrogant adults who don't pick up this little book with the updated information on how to drive when they renew their licenses. They say "OH LOOK AT THAT KID IN A FAST CAR ITS HIM THAT RUINS OUR ROAD, EVEN IF HE'S GOING THE SPEED LIMIT I BET HE'LL STREET RACE THAT GUY THERE AT THE NEXT LIGHT". Than they go flying into a round-a-bout without yielding and kill one of those "street racing, drifting, fast, show off, illegal, punks" because of their own stupidity.

On top of that, it was way easier back then to get a license, crap was HALFASSED as how you would put it.
                        Last edited by StreetNewb; 09-30-2010, 09:40 PM.

^Clicky for MRT

Comment

I didn't say dangerous... and I didn't say anything about the exhaust being halfassed...

The issue is the catalytic converter. You removed a part that is necessary by law, and you're complaining about being penalized for it? Get one that fits, or remove that fucking header because it's making your car illegal.

Comment

Like I put, I never knew it was illegal without one. The shop never told me it was either. I mean if I knew it was illegal, that's a different story. I WOULD deserve to be fined. Unfortunately I didn't know.

^Clicky for MRT

Comment

Originally posted by StreetNewb View Post
                              Like I put, I never knew it was illegal without one. The shop never told me it was either. I mean if I knew it was illegal, that's a different story. I WOULD deserve to be fined. Unfortunately I didn't know.
                              ignorance of the law is never an excuse.....

Comment

Working...
                              X