free beer day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

free beer day

get drunk for free sucks they have to give it away in hopes to get more customers
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39303875/?GT1=43001

"It's not cable without some bad puns"

The best way to sell Budweiser... is to make it taste better! I'll drink it if it's free, but I'm not going to buy it after drinking free Bud! It's a shitty beer.

The hipster scene has been taking over MANY of the bars my band has played in over the past few years in Philadelphia. The hipster beer as ths takeover started was PBR... but I've been noticing a shift to Budweiser. Bud is the new hipster beer. They'd be wise to recognize that, and target that market.

Comment

Bud sux!!!!! There is a reason why sales are declining. More americans are getting into light beers. Not only that, americans have a couple of extra bucks in their wallet and are opting to get better quality beer.
      I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
      Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      My coupe!!!
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
      Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

i was at stater bros the other day and pbr is 10 bucks a 12 pack...
        i remember when it was around $6.00 a 12 pack..

deev do you remember lucky lager? 3.99 a case

Comment

Originally posted by 92turboaccord View Post
          i was at stater bros the other day and pbr is 10 bucks a 12 pack...
          i remember when it was around $6.00 a 12 pack.
          Blame the hipsters for that.

Comment

i guess its still around
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Lager

Comment

I never heard of Lucky.. I'll have to search them out!

Genesee Cream Ale and PBR are the dirt cheap "decent" beers around here. They were still fairly cheap until recently, when NJ slapped yet another tax hike on alcohol.

Comment

i can still get a 6 pack of pbr pints for like $4.99 usd. A few years ago when i lived in vermont a 12er of bud was like 12.99 because of tax and deposit, so i said f' it and now i make my own beer.

Comment

I want to start doing that. My friend said I can make a decent brewing setup for about $250... I haven't looked into it, though.

Comment

My (future) Father in law brews his own. It's like $100 per 100 liters or something insane like that. This is in Canada where a case of Steam Whistle is $50.

My (future) mother in law makes her own wine too.

I'm going to put in an order. It'll be sweet to have a pile of beer for dirt cheap. Especially in Canada.
                    My Car
                    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Damn right! Better have some of that on hand when I come to visit! (btw, I'm coming to visit... )

Comment

Initial investment in equipment is the biggest expense. Ingredient costs depend on what kind of beer youre brewing. If youre making a lighter ale or lager, like $25 will get you 5 gallons. If youre making a bigger beer, higher ABV like a barleywine ale or a imperial stout, you can dump $50 and up on ingredients.

You can get brewing with a bare minimum of equipment for about $50, but for $80 you can get a pretty respectable setup. Once you get into kegging and making all grain recipies you hit the big dolllars.

assuming you already have a decent stock pot, you could buy this and a $30 recipie kit and be brewing in a day
                        http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewin...arter-kit.html

Comment

Working...
                        X