Probably won't happen, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably won't happen, but...

So, yeah, I have my 05 Mazda 3 right now. Love it, nice car and all. Driven it from here to Montana twice already and put 6000km on it in 3 months lol.

I'm locked in for 60 months of payments on it. I'm not really liking this whole thing of having to make payments for so long, soooo, I've deicded to try and sell the car, or have someone take over the remaining 58 months of my contract at $333/mo.

In the event I successfully sell the car and have it paid off, I have decided my next car will be an imported JDM CB7 or DA. The importer in Calgary my friend bought his Skyline GTS-T from said it would cost me around $5000 out the door for one.

I would have to pay 25% down on the price of the vehicle, and then in house financing is $500/mo for the amount owing with no interest.

Wouldn't take too long to have the vehicle paid off, a year or less for surem which is doable. It would be a summer daily driver/project like my previous Accord was.

I want another CB7 so bad. I miss mine so much, and I regret getting rid of it. I cannot finda nice clean one for the life of me here, so since Canada's import law is 15 years, I can import a super clean CB7 with no rust and low miles.

What are your thoughts?

Definitely won't be easy to get someone to take over a whole 58 months, but best of luck getting another cb

Comment

you change cars so much. lol
      COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
        you change cars so much. lol
        More often than my boxers.

The Mazda is about car number 25 since 2002.

87 Celica GTS coupe
        88 RX7 GX
        87 RX7 Turbo II
        87 Celica GTS hatch
        87 Trooper II 2.6
        88 Trooper II 2.3
        98 Mystique
        95 Contour V6
        95 Contour I4
        89 B2200
        88 B2200 ext cab
        90 B2600i
        98 Catera
        90 Rodeo LS
        02 B4000
        95 Hardbody King cab
        88 B2200 ext cab
        93 B2200
        87 Grand Am coupe
        83 B2000
        82 B2000
        83 B2000
        91 Accord
        91 Jetta
        05 Mazda 3
        Last edited by crazymikey; 09-18-2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

333 for 60 months??? I bought a brand new Mazda3 back in 2005 and that is basically what my payments were, about 325ish a month... That car is 5 years old now and is only worth $9,000 MAX in 100% excellent condition... Check out Kelly Blue Book. No offense but you'll never sell it for what you owe on it.

EDIT: or is that canadian dollars?
          Last edited by rexload; 09-18-2010, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Canadian dollars. I paid $12 200 for the car in July of this year, but with 20.5% interest, over the course of 60 months it will accrue $7000 in interest, costing me $19 000 after 60 months. *insert anal raping smiley here*

There are 2004-2006 Mazda 3's up here selling from $6000 to $15000. Mine is in fantastic shape, but the miles are starting to rack up and it has no warranty.

If I'm stuck with it, I'm stuck with it. It's a good car.

Comment

i'd say stick with what you got
              Originally posted by deevergote
              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                i'd say stick with what you got
                x2

but now i know when i have real money to spend im coming to you because i think i want to import my next cb.

Comment

20.5% interest WOW.

Comment

Probably won't happen.

No offense but your previous car record contains mostly... how should I put this nicely crap/cheap cars that can be easily obtained. The one remotely nice would be your current one and even that one well I will keep my comment to myself.

If you really don't like it sell it and take a hit. Otherwise you are having buyer's remorse because of payments which you shouldn't have done in the first place if you can't afford it.

Comment

It might be difficult to find a CB to import. They're old, and not popular import cars. Most of them have probably been sent to the crusher by now.

And holy crap, you sure liked those rebadged Rangers!

Comment

get another volkswagon so we can hear about you bitching about it some more.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                          get another volkswagon so we can hear about you bitching about it some more.
                          You can keep your volkswagens.

Deev, the only ranger based truck I had was the 02 b4000. The rest were the original japanese built trucks.

I can afford the payments on the car no problem with money to spare, its just that 5 years is a long time and because my credit is so shitty I got approved with super high interest, so in the long run its costing me more than the car is worth, but for now I've got something practical and reliablem

Comment

Oh yeah, you're right. I always thought all Mazda B trucks were Rangers... but it's only 94+. Cool. I like them better now

Comment

20.5% interest!?!

Comment

Working...
                              X