How much would a 1987 Corolla be worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much would a 1987 Corolla be worth?

A friend of my wife has a 1987 Corolla...well, it's actually her grandma's but the grandma gave it to her. She is out of state at college and probably isn't going to be coming back here once college is over...she doesn't even like the car. I offered to buy it from her so I could use it as a commuter to/from work (I've racked up almost 30,000 miles on the Lancer since February)

Seeing that my wife and I visit the grandma almost every week and are pretty close, and my wife and the friend are "besties", how much do you think I should offer for the car?

It's an 87 sedan...not the awesome AE86. Automatic, has I think 150k miles. Was owned by some old lady that gave it to grandma (as we call her) and grandma doesn't drive it and the friend will never drive it. Has 4 new tires, recent oil change...I will change the fluids out anyways since the car is so old.

Can't get a blue book value because it only goes back to 1990. How much would you say a reasonable price is...buying it from a family friend?
    Last edited by 92vig; 09-13-2010, 09:15 PM.
    VIP Status.

Comment

Yea I was thinking I wouldn't pay over $400 for it
      VIP Status.

Comment

If you want retail values for vehicles older than 1990, go to www.nadaguides.com and you can look it up there.

It should give you an idea of what to offer. But all in all, it's worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it.
        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Maybe "worth" shouldn't have been the right way to say it. Nada gave me the retail value, not what private value would be....

Maybe I should've said how much would you pay for one, realistically. Car being 23 years old and all.
          VIP Status.

Comment

market value is way different from blue book.

id pay 500 in top running condition. it'd be a good car to mash around in.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

if it was the 86 corolla like a AE86 then the value price would be good but depending on condition of this car maybe $500

^^MY OLD RIDE
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3052591 <<**CURRENT DA9 BUILD**

Comment

It is NOT the AE86...nothing near that. It's just a basic sedan with like 13 inch hubs. Has manual windows, manual door locks, automatic transmission...just your basic run of the mill car.
                VIP Status.

Comment

selling here in vancouver for 2000....5 spd 200km......My cousin bought one from japan for 8grand but it's a full drift car
                  VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                  1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                  MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Originally posted by mercyboy View Post
                    selling here in vancouver for 2000....5 spd 200km......My cousin bought one from japan for 8grand but it's a full drift car
                    One more time...it is NOT AN AE86 - it is NOT the RWD car that everyone uses for drifting. It is NOT a 2 door OR hatchback. It is a sedan, looks like something an old lady would drive.

Looks like this:

NOT LIKE THIS:

VIP Status.

Comment

It's a $500 car if it runs and drives. Doesn't matter if it's mint or crap, it's worth $500 cuz nobody wants one, and nobody selling one can get rid of it unless it's 500.

Comment

I paid $300 for mine.

87' rolla - 35 mpg(est)
                        10' rolla - 35 mpg(est)

Comment

Cool....really I was trying to gauge whether I was being a lowballer if I offered $300 or $350 for the car. But seeing as general answers are $500 or less...and they are friends, I guess $300 it is. That's not bad considering it could fail any day from being so damned old and well....sitting for so long.
                          VIP Status.

Comment

I would go $300/$500 (like everyone else) depending on the condition.

As far as it "failing any day" .... not likley. The A series engine was pretty tough, adn the rest of the car is incredible basic.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                            dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Get it and turn it into a beast.
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X