Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wheel curbed, tire shredded in 4 days???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel curbed, tire shredded in 4 days???

can a tire be eaten in 4days if knocked out of alignment? they werent in awesome condition to begin with, but that one wheel was curbed 4 days ago. was there an underlying issue i didnt notice or is it possible?

how far did you drive in those 4 days? lol
    COUPE K24

Comment

seems a little quick but yeah it depends how many miles were put on in those 4 days. i don't know your situation but a lot of guys that run real aggressive offsets and a lot neg camber can eat up tires within a few thousand miles.

Comment

I feel like if it was so far off to eat the tire in 4 days, you would have heard it squeeling like a bitch

Comment

Maybe 200mi.

And it drove fine. I never noticed any funny business.
          Last edited by DrLove'sKuDang; 09-09-2010, 10:02 PM.

Comment

wow apparently it can happen if the camber is that off

Comment

yes , this can happen.i use to work at a tire center, most people i would talk to about that kinda wear said they got there car lowered. then id ask , cheap on the alignment huh ? but if camber is off that will be how the tire will look man. hope you get this fixed bro.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by illestatus View Post
                wow apparently it can happen if the camber is that off
                yea bad camber is a bitch! i ate through tires like every two weeks!

no
                Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                $30 HID kits here Thread
                "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

dam, that looks like a nice tire to.

are they expensive
                  **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                  Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                  Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

it doesnt have bad camber. i got a full alignment 8mo. ago.

the wheel alignment looks fine to the eye. toe and/or camber might be off a little... but enough to fuck up a tire like that?!?! how...

Comment

i had 2* negative toe and camber on my front left wheel on my integra and it didnt shread a tire that bad in 4000 miles ( although it is now bald on one edge )

Comment

hmmm inquisitive
                        at least you dont have to buy used tires every month like me lol
                        -Tyler

Comment

you might be rubbing without knowing it. that or odd tire pressure

no
                          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                          $30 HID kits here Thread
                          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                            you might be rubbing without knowing it. that or odd tire pressure
                            rubbing, not possible. i would hear it, and the car isnt lowered anymore... which is why i had an alignment done 8 months ago. shit, i suppose anything is possible, it just doesnt make any sense.

well, whatever. bottom line is that im getting an alignment and tire tomorrow.

Comment

Camber isn't the number 1 cause of tire wear. If your camber is real bad, then yes it would wear but over an extended period of time. Toe is the tire killer. It allows the tire to move side to side while youre driving straight. This happened to my 6th gen Accord when I had it. Both front tires went bye bye real quick. Insides were shredded worse than yours and one actually blew a hole where it had worn down. Got new tires and a 3 way front end alignment and never had the problem again (yes the car was lowered too)
                              VIP Status.

Comment

Working...
                              X