Homeless People.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeless People.

For lack of a better topic to post this in, I'll start a new thread.

Homeless people. Now, I've never been rich but never been exactly poor. If I feel that I have enough money to get me by with a little bit extra I tend to help out a homeless person when I can. (I go to school downtown so there are plenty). So on more than one occasion I've encountered homeless people with an expensive appetite.

Two occasions are very vivid in my memory. One time there was this gentleman standing outside a Burger King across from the Eaton's center. As I'm walking by he asks "Hey can you spare some change for something to eat" I reply, "I don't have any cash on me but I can grab you two apple pies on my debit."

His reply... "But I want a whopper" I replied back "I don't think I have enough money to buy you a whopper and buy what I'm going to buy from the Eaton's center". "Well, what are you going to buy, can't you grab something cheaper?"

At that point I said goodbye and wished him good luck.

The other time was I was actually walking into that Burger King (I believe this is the local place for the homeless people). So as I walk in a gentleman standing in the corner asked me if I could grab him a meal to eat. So I said sure I think I can grab him the meal of the day (Same thing I was grabbing). So we get in there I proceed to order to whopper combo's (Meal of the day 4.29 each I believe). No problem, under ten bucks. I could live with that.

This gentleman stops the cashier and says he wants the Double steakhouse or something like that. Retails for something close to 9 bucks. I politely explain to the guy that look that combo is expensive and it's quite a bit more expensive than what I'm buying. Reluctantly he agrees to get the same thing I'm getting as I originally ordered for us.

I sometimes wonder how somebody in that kind of situation can have the nerve to be so picky when a total stranger is holding out a open hand. I've met some great homeless people who were thankful for the smallest thing. And then these two just kind of soured me off the idea of helping the less fortunate.

That concludes my thoughts for today... time to go get me some titty.

Gentleman and ladies.

Salutations.

i can't believe they would try to exploit you on your kindness to buy them food..

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Isn't the old saying "Beggars can't be choosers" guess things have changed.

The homeless I have witnessed in my area hang out at the liquor stores. They have asked me for money for food and I have offered to by them something at the McD's across the road. They always rebut and keep asking for cash money. I walk away telling them that I'm not giving them money for booze and they always get pissed off.
      Last edited by GhostAccord; 09-07-2010, 10:49 PM.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

yea that happen alot to me and sometimes they ask u twice

one day i walked in to the store and there was a man out side right b4 i entered he asked if i had spare change. checked my pocket and look two dollars so i gave them. went into the store bought wat i had to buy walked out and same guys asks me i told him i gave u my last change. and guess wat he says..
        to my suprise he said "ohh srry but you juss bought something .. didnt they give u change".. i said srry no and walked away

yup some a very thankful i dont mind to give spare change .. but somtimes u give a hand and they grab a leg lol

Comment

i wont buy them shit but ill give some change or a few bucks. My ex is known to buy gift cards and give to them to get their own food or essentials or she would bring them food. The ones that she met were quite grateful, not like those ungrateful mofos you experienced.
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I was homeless a few weeks ago for a month/2 months

Comment

because those homeless fucks like to take advatnage of people every chance they can.

until they have good friends and two jobs to keep them busy, they'd never understand what it would be like to just buy a stranger a meal. id NEVER buy a homeless person something, better them not me.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

IMO. i think its kinda sad that our country will help other countrys and not take better care of our own.its tragic. a person in need, is not always due to a out of country flood or earthquake.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

this country does help the homeless. some just choose not to be helped and spend their last dollars on drugs/booze

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
                    IMO. i think its kinda sad that our country will help other countrys and not take better care of our own.its tragic. a person in need, is not always due to a out of country flood or earthquake.
                    You know what, that thought has crossed my mind many times. But then it kind of dawned on me.

Usually the people who don't want to stay homeless don't. So sometimes I have no remorse for them but it's just been something that's been drilled into me as a kid. Always help those who need it. In high school most of us grew up together from Junior Kindergarten to grade 12. That "Make sure your brother has eaten before you finish your plate" mentality was drilled into us since we were kids.

Comment

the other day i gave some white bum $1.50 in change. he just looked at me in shock, said god bless me and said i was alright for a cracker. gave me dap and left.

im a brown puerto rican

no
                      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                      $30 HID kits here Thread
                      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

IMO. i dont think they do enuff. but you are right bro.help is help.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

My work is near a shelter...

I was late and getting outta my car, this dude asked if I had any money to spare..naturally I usually do not give them anything...but this time I honestly did not have anything...so I said so.

I always keep pennies in my door handle...he goes,
                          "what about all those pennies?" Now I normally do not think of those...so I go..."All right..."

he goes...

"I don't want 'em, I was just saying." I was like wtf?

I assume every person asking for money is nothing but a scammer, same with folks on the side of the road...if you have time to sit on the side of the road you have time to FIND a job.

They are 100% lazy and good for nothing drains on society...

ANYONE sitting on the side of the road or going around asking for change has not actually made an attempt to take care of themselves. One of my family members has been a good for nothing slob that leeches off everyone his ENTIRE life! Then blames everyone when he does something stupid...I can not stand these losers.
                          ____

Comment

I dont give anything to no homeless person. Not gunna support anyone drug habit or alcohol habit, but my own. ( No drugs, just alcohol.)

I work hard for my money and for what I have, if you want the same, you should do the same.

Comment

I had a friend recently tell me that he kept a stack of McDonald's applications in his car that he handed out in place of freebies. He said it pissed most off. It is offensive to them but it's legit.

My 6th gen accord thread
                              99 Miata

Comment

Working...
                              X