might be picking up a 240....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

might be picking up a 240....

any one got any ideas on suspension set ups? engine mods? swaps?

its a '91 240sx. S13. im getting it for cheap. who knows. i might mod it and keep it. but i know for sure i want another accord. but im gonna go for any that are below $2k anymore unless they're in REAL good condition. i dont want another lemon CB. after the 240 tho, if i cant find a good condition CB or CD, ill sell the 240 and get a CG.

but onto what my questions were. lol.

bro if you know you want a cb then look around for a clean cb. take your time to find one you really like.

ive had two 240s before and besides rwd, cbs a way better. 240s best swap is turbo. and turbos are fun but also time consuming and high maintence. youll wish you had something simple. like a cb. trust me. ive been there and wont go back.

but its your choice. 240s are great. i had fun while i had them.

Comment

well i could always sell it in case i didnt want it. lol. and make a profit and get my CG

Comment

Suspension on these cars aren't to complicated at all.You can get basically adjustable everything for them due to the whole drift/camber/caster thing.You can get full coilovers for under 1200.

Is is sohc ka24e or dohc ka24de?Its a 91 is should be dohc.If so ka-t are pretty common,and can be done fairly cheap.Also thier is always the sr20 swap...jgy here in virginia can install an sr for 1500ish.

You could also do a ca18det swap for fairly cheap..and also make decent power.This is a cheaper,better imo option compared to the sr.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

There's also the 6 cylinder route, RB's baby!!!!!

RB20DET
          RB25DET
          and of course RB26DET/T

They all fit with not much difficulty, I don't even think you have to modify your firewall, and they are really common now-a-days so a lot of parts and information. And not to mention RB20DET is cheaper then a SR20, but a good deal is the CA18, and not to mention USDM parts available. I think you made a good choice.

So many people are going to hate me for this but.... Nissan>Honda
          Last edited by evil_demon_01; 09-03-2010, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Shadow, get on C.L. idk if you want something stock or already modded. but I saw like 3 dozen on charlotte c.l. that didn't look bad.
            Originally posted by scudweiser
            once again people, need i remind you that there is no road between the kitchen and the bedroom, and therefore women need not drive?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
              any one got any ideas on suspension set ups? engine mods? swaps?
              Suspension: Stance GR+

Swaps:
              KA-T = Enough torque to go through tires every week.
              SR20DET = Easier swap than an H22 into a CB.
              CA18DET = Not as much power as the SR20, but cheaper. That will allow you extra cash to rebuild it, add a bigger turbo, etc.

Engine mods without swapping it pretty pointless, unless you put a stroker kit into a KA24DE, which is a shit ton of moolah.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

IMO, CGs are crap compared to the CB. Honda hit a serious low point in their material quality with those cars, I feel. Still not bad, but I'd prefer a CB. They're old, though... they just take some restoration before you get into performance mods!

The S13 is no different than the CB as far as age and condition go... However, the S13 is overpriced, and very often abused... it was a sportier design than the CB, so people drive it as such.
                The suspension is pretty crappy. When I was looking into swapping an S13 engine, transmission, and suspension into my 3rd gen Accord hatchback, I had a member on 3geez.com (who owned both a 3g and an S13) tell me that the Accord' suspension is FAR superior to the S13's.

Do you have $6000? If so, soysaucecb7 is selling a SWEET S13 right now... even after all I just said, I'd like it for myself! Convertible, RB20DET swap (with a spare RB20DET), fully welded engine bay... Beautiful car.

The swaps listed by Josh are the most common (boosting the KA24 is a good idea... especially the DOHC version... that's like the F22A of the Nissan world! underappreciated.)
                The RB swaps are doable, but being Skyline engines, they're more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  IMO, CGs are crap compared to the CB. Honda hit a serious low point in their material quality with those cars, I feel. Still not bad, but I'd prefer a CB. They're old, though... they just take some restoration before you get into performance mods!
                  why do you say this deev? the cg i got seems to be quality being a 98 ex-v6 coupe. fun fat thing to drive (fat comparing it to the cb)
                  Members Ride sold...
                  I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

I had an 02 SE for a while... granted, it left with the ex wife... so maybe I'm jaded... I was glad to see it go, though! The plastics were cheap feeling. The glued-on upholstery was bubbling. Apparently right now, the thing is on the verge of falling apart (she called me in a panic yesterday asking if I could help fix it...)

Of course, I had the mid-range SE, and you have the top of the line EX-V6. Aside from the transmission issues on those models, that one might be put together a bit better.

It's weird. They're really not that much bigger than the CB, but they really do feel like they are!
                    Also, the layout of the cabin sucks compared to the CB, IMO. The CB might very well have the best interior layout ever. I thought maybe it was just because I was more familiar with it than any other car... but after 150k in my Fit, I still feel that way. And I haven't even driven the CB in 2 years!

Comment

i love driving the thing but damn when i hope from it to the cb its likes goin from a cruise liner to 14ft johnson. lol i know what you mean about the plastics and i personally dont think it was just honda accord at that time other makers did the same thing sad thing is hondas faired better IMO her woodgrain is still there for the most part.

the wife had katskins 2tone leather put in it though.so no oem seating
                      Members Ride sold...
                      I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

@ 14ft johnson... that's just too easy to take the wrong way!

Katskins makes nice stuff. My CB will eventually get that treatment, I think.

It's true... it seems like every car from the late 90s to early 00s suffered from poor quality. My 02 GTP was trash. Plastic pieces were falling off left and right! (GM is a good example of the WORST of that era... well... perhaps that would be Chrysler...)

Comment

well the 240 is out. lol. did a bit of lookin and its not what i want. plus home boy is actin dumb with the rest of my money for the CB. but i got another CB in mind and hopefully i can get the money in time enough to go get it. so the 240 is out. CB is back in. lol.

if i dont get the CB tho, ill save and get a CG(despite what deev's grudge says. lol). its what ive wanted for a while and it'll be my DD for a while.

and plus....a modded 240 will just get me in too much trouble. lmao

Comment

Why dont you buy my Enkei's Sir, put them on the CB. I need them gone.

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Working...
                            X