Anthrax - I'm the Man.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anthrax - I'm the Man.

I forgot about this song. I used to love this when I was a kid. Anthrax is the shit.

man that brings back some memory's
    WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

The tape had a live version on it, too... I always listened to it on my dad's stereo in his room. One day, I was singing along, and he walked in right when they said "suck my mother fuckin dick!"

Now I'm going through all their great old songs... Caught in a Mosh, I am the Law, NFL...

Comment

Ironic that you posted this. I few of us were down in my garage last weekend and hooked up an old 8G hard drive I had lying around. Only to find that it contained a 6G collection of old MP3's. Me and my buddies got a good little buzz on listening to all the old Anthrax, Suicidal & Faith No More albums. Good times!

Intro to reality from the POT album still makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck........
        Last edited by GhostAccord; 09-02-2010, 05:48 PM.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I haven't heard this in years. I loved the different edits they had on the tape. I laughed so hard and hit rewind to hear "...Suck our 'sexual organ located in the lower abdominal area' - No man, it's DICK" over and over and over when I first got the tape.

Excellent post Mike!
          Last edited by visualpoet; 09-02-2010, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Never heard of this band or there songs..

Comment

You never heard of Anthrax? Oh, you poor child...

Most of their stuff is nothing like this. They're one of the biggest thrash metal bands of the 80s, but they managed to grow over the years and never really sound dated. Quite possibly one of the most respectable bands ever. When the 9/11 stuff went down, they converted their whole website into a place where people could help those that needed help.

Comment

It's interesting to see how they change over the years. The change in singers really took them in a new direction. The Joe Belladonna days had some of the best songs, but I really like John Bush better as a singer.

Comment

yes!.. that was my favorite anthrax song for sure.. the lyrics have always cracked me up since i first heard it from my older brother waaaaay back when..

Comment

Yes! I still have my cassette single too, no way to play it, but i have it. It also has sabbath bloody sabbath on it.

short

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! I heard that before I even knew it was a Black Sabbath song... and I liked the Anthrax version better

Comment

yeah but Joe Belladonna is a back as the singer , they are on tour with Slayer and Megadeth , and a new album is in the works , I can,t wait for it to come out
                        needing a new project got rid of bagged S10 going back to Honda's

Comment

Yeah, I just read that on the Youtube postings... I'm curious to see how they sound with him back in the band!

Comment

Working...
                          X