Stupid saturn ion help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid saturn ion help

So my freind ownes this pos saturn ion ( 2006 )

Anywho his dad drove it home low on gas. The next morning he was afraid to drive it to the gas station so he put fuel they use for their lawn mowers ( just 87 octane ) in the car. The fuel had been sitting for a few months he said

Anyways the car died and it wont start back up. I saw its bad fuel. So we filled it up with 7 gallons of 93 octane to dillude anything remaining in the tank

Still no luck

I tried to spray a little starter fluid in the intake and it just makes a loud ass pop noise and blows the cover in the air.

Anyways does anyone know a damn about these cars because im trying to help him out.

Bump

Comment

The fuel pump probably sucked up sediment in the tank and clogged. Even bad fuel should let it run... not well, but it SHOULD run on gas that's a few months old. Hell, I ran my mower last month on gas that I bought last spring (as in spring 2009... )

OR, if it's an in-tank pump like the CB has, it may have overheated. In-tank pumps are cooled by the fuel. Running dangerously low on gas, especially in this heat, ESPECIALLY with GM parts... could easily fry the pump.

Comment

get a hammer and beat on the tank from underneath while trying to start it. have you changed the fuel filter?

most are located in the tank now since they went to a returnless setup. ive ran 2 year old 100 octane gas with no problems.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          The fuel pump probably sucked up sediment in the tank and clogged. Even bad fuel should let it run... not well, but it SHOULD run on gas that's a few months old. Hell, I ran my mower last month on gas that I bought last spring (as in spring 2009... )

OR, if it's an in-tank pump like the CB has, it may have overheated. In-tank pumps are cooled by the fuel. Running dangerously low on gas, especially in this heat, ESPECIALLY with GM parts... could easily fry the pump.
          If it overheated would that cause major damage?

Its been a few days since it died and its cold. And it does have fuel pressure

I took out some fuel from the car via the fuel rail ( it has a tire valve stem like thing on it to release the fuel ) and the fuel looked kinda odd. It was hard to tell though because i put it in a poweraid bottle

Comment

yea if it overheated it will fuck up. my beretta did that and i had to buy a new pump.

try beating on the tank like said above. if it kicks on the pumps fucked.
            COUPE K24

Comment

Well i feel pretty confident the pump is working

I relived fuel rail pressure then cranked the car

Pressure had been regained again

I did this a few times with consistant results

Comment

Check for spark. It may just be a coincidence that it's not starting after the near-empty and old fuel.

Comment

but is it getting enough fuel? you have to check the pressure, not by how much squirts out.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                  X