X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple raises the bar!

Http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...ne-kill-switch

Really?

Will they stop at nothing to have complete control over your device?

I think they are out of control but id like to hear others opinions.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Ralphie; 08-23-2010, 03:55 PM.

looks like it is turning into beer. you dont really buy it you just rent it.

this is totally big brotheresque. not liking this i am.
    Parts For Sale
    BIG Thanks to HondaFan81 for all your help!!

Comment

Typical Apple Nazi-ism if you ask me.
      Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
      D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
      ┴─┴
      ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

When China buys out Apple then the world will be really fucked! There should be no total control because thats just too much power to be abused. Fuck Apple, i refuse to be part of their cult.
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune View Post
          Typical Apple Nazi-ism if you ask me.
          lol you took the words right out of my mouth. its a monopoly that needs to be taken down

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I will never ever buy ANY apple product...EVER. This is one of the many reasons why.

I do not care how cool their products are, they have a LOOOOOOOONG history of this kind of behavior. They block apps made by people that speak negatively of their company. They block access to some sites as well of folks that speak negatively of them.

They need to just move their company to china's oppressive censored govt, they are 100% like minded.

Out of control is an understatement, Steve Jobs is a pathetic little cry baby...and a piss poor CEO...why? I can explain...as the maker of a product you want it to be desireable. Once people are established on this product and want more features that you can EASILY make available, you should.

If he was not such a moron he could actually take advantage of these situations...think WHY are people jailbreaking these phones? Because apple is not giving their customers what they want...instead of being smart and selling a product fully capable of satisfying their customers they are actually trying to criminalize these people.

Apple want you to conform to their idea of what the product should be...instead of making the product fit the customers desires.

That is not the way to succeed...I am amazed they do as good as they do...

Just imagine how much more successful apple could be if their CEO did not have his head up his ass! They could not only hold the market and promote great competition they could develop even greater customer base by actually making products that are USEFUL and that people want.

As it stands...the only reason to buy an apple product is not for the performance of the product but because it is supposedly the coolest thing.

I will give them that they are the first to come out with some really neato products...but in the real world they are just that...neat products. They refuse to play nice with software companies...and they refuse to give customers what they want so in the end that cool product is just a big waste. Especially since you can wait a year and get something with the same features but better...it is more universal and open.
            Last edited by bcjammerx; 08-24-2010, 06:55 AM.
            ____

Comment

I think it's a great optional offering. However, to force it on people is a serious violation of privacy.

Comment

apple rumors are only rumors until Apple announces them. Apple employees don't even know about changes until the public knows.

this just seems like another Apple rumor that may or may not be true.
                Originally posted by deevergote
                These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Well I love my ip4. But if this ever happens, which could take a very long time, if ever. I will never use an apple product again. They don't give a shit about the customers privacy or safety. They only want to stop jailbreaking and unlocking. Once I have purchased the phone, I can do what ever the hell I want to it. I knowingly give up my apple care to jailbreak, but other than that, they have no right to disable something I own.

It sucks for future iPhone owners. If this patent ever passes, they will be sure to add a line I to the contract stating a right to brick a phone if it's found to be tampered with.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                    apple rumors are only rumors until Apple announces them. Apple employees don't even know about changes until the public knows.

this just seems like another Apple rumor that may or may not be true.
                    Confirmed by Steve Jobs himself...

No matter since people will still continue buying them. Heard about this news a while back, nothing new to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang View Post
                      It sucks for future iPhone owners. If this patent ever passes, they will be sure to add a line I to the contract stating a right to brick a phone if it's found to be tampered with.
                      I would love to see that pass.

Honestly, as long as people actually OWN these phones, Apple should not have the right to do any such thing. That would be like Honda coming to my house and pouring sodium silicate into my H22 to seize it, because I modified my own car.

If Apple wants supreme control over the use of their phones, they had better start a lease program! Then they had better develop a phone that will be good enough that people would actually be willing to pay for something they can't own!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        If Apple wants supreme control over the use of their phones, they had better start a lease program! ...
                        ...I bet that is next
                        ____

Comment

iphone5 will be the lexus LFA of phones!

no
                          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                          $30 HID kits here Thread
                          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Working...
                          X