• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about buying a '01 GSR

Thinking about buying my friends 2001 GSR

He said he would let it go for $5,000

It has a JDM GSR swap done by an Acura dealer with all paperwork

The two problems with the car are 1. the body looks like shit because the paint is faded and it has some minor dents and 2. it needs tires..

Do you guys think it is worth the 5K? I could probably find an RSX-S for about 3,000 more, but for the same price difference I could boost the crap out of the GSR....

It depends.

How many miles on motor/body?

Comment

you better have a very good security system on the gsr, if u get it. they'll steal the gsr first before they'll steal the rsx, even if they were parked next to each other.
      Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
      -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

kill switch^

whats the diff betwen gsr usdm and jdm.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

^^^Kill switch wont save that car, i had a kill switch, fuel cut off and 2way pager alarm(w/back up battery) on my 4dr teg with a turbo ls in it and they took it like nothing....just be careful i have 2 teg stolen from me first one found with only wheels locks missing(cops pulled up as they were about to strip it) second was completely stripped.
          Originally posted by steezyteg
          lmfao rota 5 star dude theyre called rota slipstreams

Comment

Kill switch does save. You just have to do it right. Do a fuel pump cut and hide the switch well. Splice the wiring where they won't look. I did this to my Vigor and someone got into it twice and couldn't take it. They just left the car unlocked.
            VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
              It depends.

How many miles on motor/body?
              90,000 on body

10,000 on JDM GSR swap but it's obviously impossible to find out the total mileage on the motor because it is JDM

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
              kill switch^

whats the diff betwen gsr usdm and jdm.
              JDM GSR motor = slightly higher compression and 10 more horsepower. There may be other differences that I don't know of.

Originally posted by Onebaddcb7 View Post
              ^^^Kill switch wont save that car, i had a kill switch, fuel cut off and 2way pager alarm(w/back up battery) on my 4dr teg with a turbo ls in it and they took it like nothing....just be careful i have 2 teg stolen from me first one found with only wheels locks missing(cops pulled up as they were about to strip it) second was completely stripped.
              I think I would get full coverage insurance on that car plus a kill switch hidden in the dash, alarm, and my favorite - big pad lock on the steering column for when I leave the car outside.

I can't believe your car was stolen. Maybe your alarm/kill switch were too easy to find? Or maybe the thief was THAT good

Comment

Just test drove it.

It has the OEM Type R suspension and wow it handles nice and rides nice at the same time, no bouncing at all.

It sounds strong but feels a bit weird. It has really good low end torque, very WEAK mid range, but good top end after the secondaries open up. Feels like its running too rich in the mid rpms... which Im sure can be fixed with a tune..

Any other thoughts on this car?

Comment

Well today is the day. Planning on getting the car tonight.

$5,800 is what I am paying for it.... for the extra 800 I am getting fogs, 4 brand new Falken Azenis, and steelies with almost new Blizzaks on them.
                  Last edited by rexload; 09-01-2010, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

all they did was push my car with another one so if the car has a kill switch that wont do shit lol

Comment

Originally posted by Onebaddcb7 View Post
                        all they did was push my car with another one so if the car has a kill switch that wont do shit lol
                        put your own parking boot on it
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

I've never once cared about the condition of tires on a car I was looking to buy. No matter what your going to have to replace them at some point, so why let that stop you? It's hard to find an unmolested GSR. I'd go for it.
                          Originally posted by chessboxer
                          We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
                          Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                            put your own parking boot on it
                            haha i actually wanted to do that lmao

Comment

tires and faded paint are easy to fix.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X