Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike's Weight Loss Thread

.../journal, etc.

I had one of these going but i guess it got lost in the "crash".

Long story short; me and the wife were hitting the gym and eating healthy before she shipped to basic. She left for basic and the gym membership lapsed but i continued to eat healthy and have managed to shed pounds, STILL.

Im 25(26 in Dec), 5"10 and i currently weigh 305, naked. When i started, in early May, i was around 322. Lost 10-12 from the gym and have managed to lose about 8lbs in the last 12wks or so.

Im gonna get back to the gym next week or ASAP and get a membership back and go everyday. Ive been eating moderately healthy and have still managed to keep the weight off. The occassional eating out and soda are bad but theyre just that; occassional.

Main reason for doing so is my knee. I messed up last year and im already overweight and i dont need that effecting me later in life. Plus, i know Id be happier, and so would the wife, if i lost a few L-B's.

Here are my goals:

CURRENT: 300lbs
    lbs to completionn: 5

NEXT: 275lbs

NEXT: 250lbs

NEXT: 225lbs

My ultimate goal is to lose 100lbs. Im giving myself roughly 14 months to do so, so that breaks down to roughly 7-8lbs/month. If i can keep to 2lbs/week i can do this. I lost 10lbs hitting the gym for a month, so i believe i can do this.

I dont think ive forgotten anything. This is completely natural. No pills, no drink mixes, supplements or starvation.

I dont think ill update it daily, but ill try to use this as a bi-daily or weekly progress chart.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Good luck man, natural is the way to go.
    Your body can do it, it's a battle of the mind.
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Im also anticipating plateaus. Im hoping i can at least get to 250 before i reach one, if at all. 250 is my BARE MINIMUM goal. 225(or lower) would be awesome but 250 is my lowest goal.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

You weigh 3 times me right now. No joke

Comment

Bad for me but is that good for you? You must be tiny!

Comment

Keep up the good work. As you start losing weight, your body will thank you. No more knee, ankle, or back pain.

I had some lower back issues in February, started just before Valentine's Day, lasted me about 2 months, progressively got worse until I was basically bedridden. Sciatic nerve pain is a bitch. Anyhow, from about February 12th until April 23rd I lost a total of 38 pounds. I did it the wrong way, I didn't eat, I couldn't even get out of bed to make myself something to eat, and I told the wife I'll be damned if I'll have her wait on me, if I can't get it myself, I don't need it.

Now I've managed to keep the weight off, and continue to lose more, thanks to work. I work in the dryers at my job, 1 of the dryers is 200 degrees with 50 to 70 percent humidity, the other is 165 to 180 with 0 humidity. Needless to say, I sweat my ass off. Luckily there is a water fountain near by. There have been times that before 1st break, I have to take my shirt off and literally ring it out. I come home at the end of the night with salt stains on my shirt, gross, I know, but, the way I see it is like this: I'm getting paid to lose weight. So, it's a win-win situation.

Comment

Good for you mike! A lot of people these days lack the fortitude to make a plan and stick with it, especially if it requires sacrificing something or putting a lot of effort forth.

One helpful thing to remember is that the gym isn't the only place you're burning calories. Therapeutic lifestyle changes you can incorporate into your everyday life such as taking the stairs rather than the elevator or walking to the corner store add up fast!

On a side note, has anyone seen that show on the discovery chanel where some girl gets a gastric bypass (parents paid for it) then she begs them to pay for a body lift and she celebrates by baking cookies, eating nine of them and getting sick? Ridiculous.

Comment

Deuce, my last job was like that. It was a big warehouse with no AC and i worked during the summer. I was losing about 5lbs/wk. Although unhealthy, it'd be nice for time's sake, lol.

Scud, thanks. Havent seen that show. Sounds like something some dumb girl would do. Probably some fat wannabe cali girl.

As for other changes, i have been trying to do the little things like not look for the closest parking spot. That kills 2 birds with 1 stone; more exercise for me and it keeps Stephanie away from everyone else.

Other than at the airport last week, i cant remember the last ive seen an elevator, lol.

Comment

See... that's the reason I don't have 3X tshirts! Gotta provide incentive for you guys to lose weight!

How's the progress, Mike? I was good about running in the park all last week, but then work kicked in hard, and I haven't had a moment to breathe since Monday. I missed my friend's band last night, and I'm gonna miss Less Than Jake tonight I'll be off tomorrow though, so time to resume the activity again!

Comment

Looks like I will be making my way down there to run with you Mike !!!! I need to work out just the same!!!

But deff good luck to you for real and the wifey can be a big help when she gets back believe me it's no fun to work alone I have done it to much and do so if I have to. But deff good luck!!!
                    The CB7 Collector.
                    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                    92 LX Coupe F22A1
                    2013 Toyota Corolla S
                    92 EX Sedan F22A1
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Robert, thanks. You should come down anyway and BUY THAT STUFF!!!

Deev, I havent heard the name "Less Than Jake" in a minute. Glad to hear theyre still going.

And i COULD fit a 2x shirt. It wouldnt be pretty, but i could do it.

Hitting the gym for roughly 90mins/day i lost 12lbs. NOT being in the gym and just eating right, with the occasional "bad" meal, ive still managed to lose some weight, so you dont need excessive amounts of workout. At least i didnt. Once i get some of my weight down id like to look into lifting weights, be it at the gym or at home. Nothing crazy, just a little "buffing" up, lol.

Comment

No 2X either. Only 1X. Better get to work son!

Comment

What?!? I should (-) rep right now.

While weight is my main concern, i also have a particular size id like to be. Well, i dont know what size, but id like to be able to fit into a XXL or XL shirt, comfortably.
                          Last edited by MikeW; 08-20-2010, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Disrespecting the coochie with Socks and sandals on is a great way to get some Cardio in.

Comment

I has no coochie.

You best believe i disrespected it to sleep last week though. Next time will be near Christmas. She's already getting frisky so by the time December rolls around I may disappear for a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X