Run Playstation 2 Through Laptop Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run Playstation 2 Through Laptop Monitor

Calling all our local tech heads again. I'm trying to figure out the easiest/cheapest way (because I have no money right now) to run my Playstation 2 through my laptop monitor. Ideas? Thanks.

No clue.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

there is emulation software out there that can run PS2 games on your computer, but there is no way you can throw any outside input into your laptop's monitor.

that is unless there is input connectors on your laptop.

Rip It Up
      Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

sell the laptop for a tv.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
          sell the laptop for a tv.
          You're forgetting the part about how I have no money.

Comment

no hes not, he said sell the laptop for a tv, not just go buy a tv.

at any rate, buying a tv is probably the cheapest way to play your ps2, as i doubt your laptop has the capabilities to emulate a ps2 without problems.
            峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by ric3rboi23 View Post
              no hes not, he said sell the laptop for a tv, not just go buy a tv.

at any rate, buying a tv is probably the cheapest way to play your ps2, as i doubt your laptop has the capabilities to emulate a ps2 without problems.
              Yeah, definitely not selling my only computer for a small TV. I just wanted a way to play the PS2 away from home where there isn't a TV available.

Comment

TV capture card, like $20 or so on ebay.

1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Like others said, download the emulators

Comment

Go on craigslist to the "free" or "electronics" section and score yourself a POS free TV...

Laptop displays do not have video input generally, so there's no way to switch your view mode over to an "external" display. Moreover, the capture cards (like suggested above) have far too much lag to enjoy playing -- I would suspect a capture card is going to have around 1/3+ of a second delay between when you push a button and you see something happen on the screen. May not seem like a long time, but trust me- it is.

Comment

check craigslist for some tvs. you wont believe what you can find sometimes. i bough a 27" phillips for $20. in exellent working condition too.

i tryed playing my ps2 on my laptop before with that tv card. but ^ that guy said it. it lags like crazy. racing games are impossible to play. you have to click the direction you wanna go like 2 whole seconds before you turn.

Comment

I'm with everyone else on this, unless your laptop has an "In" connection there is no way to use your PS2 on your laptop monitor. TV capture card would do the trick, as mentioned, but I'd hit up CL for a cheap TV. There are TONS on there...
                        Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                        D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                        ┴─┴
                        ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by floored View Post
                          Like others said, download the emulators
                          The Problem with that is this: Does his laptop have the power to run such an emulator? I been messing with that for sometime and I still haven't got it to run smoothly on my laptop. You have have some serious power to run that emu at all. When I figure it out I will let you know. And also you may need some gamepads for that as well (IE a PS3 Controller or XBOX 360 one). Just my .02 cents.
                          The CB7 Collector.
                          Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                          92 LX Coupe F22A1
                          2013 Toyota Corolla S
                          92 EX Sedan F22A1
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmoreX View Post
                            The Problem with that is this: Does his laptop have the power to run such an emulator? I been messing with that for sometime and I still haven't got it to run smoothly on my laptop. You have have some serious power to run that emu at all. When I figure it out I will let you know. And also you may need some gamepads for that as well (IE a PS3 Controller or XBOX 360 one). Just my .02 cents.
                            Most (See 95%) of computers don't have the requisite video card to smoothly run an emulator for the PS2 or even XBOX (which was designed around a custom Pentium III and GeForce 4 graphics card, btw). Integrated graphics like anything that says Intel Graphic Media Accelerator will generally suck. ATI and Nvidia also make integrated soultions for laptop motherboards which typically suck a little less, but really you would need a full discrete graphics card to run things the right way. Check http://www.notebookcheck.net/ to see if your computer would do decent at gaming at all...
                            Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                            D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                            ┴─┴
                            ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Working...
                            X