Stuff that's been happening lately.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuff that's been happening lately.

For the Facebook buddies of mine, you might have noticed my ex-girlfriend got into a bad accident.

Here's a link to one of the articles here:
    http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/p...=2010100815002

One man was killed and a woman critically injured in a early morning crash near Dover.

Delaware State Police said the accident happened shortly after 1 a.m. along Halltown Road, west of Brittney Lane, west of Dover.

Police said Moises Velasquez-Gomez was driving a 1994 Mazda B23 pickup truck west on Halltown and Alexandria Lundberg was driving east in a 2001 Mazda 626.

They met in the roadway at a curve and Gomez crossed the center line into the opposite lane of traffic and struck Lundberg head on, police said. Gomez, 26 of Dover, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Lundberg was flown to Christiana Hospital where she was listed in critical condition after suffering two broken legs, a broken wrist, broken ribs and a collapsed lung.

Police said that Gomez was not wearing a seat belt. The road was closed for three hours while police investigated.
    note- the company who wrote the article messed up. she was heading west, and the dumbass heading east, but they're known to do that stuff.

Anywho, her mother called me at 2am about it at the scene. I've been up since, only ate a granola bar in the morning, drank water throughout, quiet all day at work, broke down here and there, then got to the hospital and that was it. Last time I saw her, we were arguing and that was it. Tonight's been the first time I've seen her since (after two hours of waiting) and she's surrounded by wires and tubes, stuck in a bed.

As far as her conditions, she's concious, talking, etc. Drugged up, but she's alright. Obviously in pain, but she's a fighter and will make it through. Been through two (I think) surgeries as well.

Here's the car btw.

Before (minus plate) :

Accident:
    http://www.hartlyfire51.com/fullstory.php?114559

Click on the link, then click the pictures for bigger resolution. I don't feel like getting the image URL for each one now since I'm on a computer with IE...

But yeah. Please keep your thoughts and prayers for her and wish for a speedy recovery.

thank God she is still alive.

Comment

Holy crap man. I'm glad she survived! If that list of injuries is comprehensive, then she actually got through that with fairly little injury. Everything that was busted can heal.

I'm glad for you, that you don't have to live with the last words said between the two of you being said in anger.

So often it's the person that causes the accident that survives, and the person that's unfortunate enough to be in their path that doesn't make it. I'm so glad that wasn't the case here! Sad that the other driver died, but at least it was a result of his own actions.

Comment

my thoughts and prayers to her, weird tho from the pictures looks like she would have got hurt more then the guy in the pickup.

Comment

hey julian, i'm so sorry man just read the article and everything. she's alive and kickin' and as you said a fighter so i'm sure she'll be good as new in good time. 626's are relatively beefy, but those pics make me shiver.

life is good.

Comment

He probably tensed up. She probably didn't have time to react.

Being tense is what causes broken backs and broken necks. If you can remain relaxed, your body can withstand much more of an impact. That's one reason why drunk drivers are so often survivers, when the people they hit don't make it. Their response time is delayed, and they don't have time to realize what's happening in time to tense up.

Regardless... Alex survived. When those legs heal, she'll still be able to walk. After an accident like that, you can't ask for much better!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              He probably tensed up. She probably didn't have time to react.

Being tense is what causes broken backs and broken necks. If you can remain relaxed, your body can withstand much more of an impact. That's one reason why drunk drivers are so often survivers, when the people they hit don't make it. Their response time is delayed, and they don't have time to realize what's happening in time to tense up.

Regardless... Alex survived. When those legs heal, she'll still be able to walk. After an accident like that, you can't ask for much better!
              Yeah. She had no time to react, cause of how sudden it was. Plus, remember guys, reason why the guy died was because he didn't wear his seatbelt. Alex did. If she didn't, she would've been done too.

And definitely.

Comment

Damnnnn. Glad shes ok man! Somebody was definitely looking out for her..
                -Will

Comment

I still can't believe it. ^ (the pic)

and we all were.

edit- I also asked her if she wanted anything from me, like a magazine or something. She said she wanted the current Honda Tuning issue.

Comment

stay strong for her i know you will brother, that is some scary stuff i can't imagine a head on crash its just not real like i see it in movies but crap....

Originally posted by deevergote
                    .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

Originally posted by True-BlueCB7 View Post
                      I still can't believe it. ^ (the pic)

and we all were.

edit- I also asked her if she wanted anything from me, like a magazine or something. She said she wanted the current Honda Tuning issue.
                      HONDA TUNING ISSUE FTW!...

Originally posted by deevergote
                      .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

she's in my prayers man.
                        hope everything is alright.
                        Originally posted by scudweiser
                        once again people, need i remind you that there is no road between the kitchen and the bedroom, and therefore women need not drive?

Comment

Lucky it was only a B2300.. Could of been alot worse if it was a full size...

Comment

Julian, It makes me feel so much better to hear how she's doing. I was sick to my stomach last night when Ray filled me in on what was happening. Hang strong, brother and I'll still keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                              Lucky it was only a B2300.. Could of been alot worse if it was a full size...
                              Yeah when her mom said truck, I was afraid it was that. In that area where she's from and where it happened, full-size and duallies are everywhere. (Farm area lol)

And thanks guys. I'm really glad she's just able to talk, move her fingers for us, and shes conscious. I just woke up (stayed at a place ten minutes from the hospital) gonna go pick some stuff up for her and then stay with her for a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X