ok so somebody told me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok so somebody told me...

ok so somebody knowledgable told me that you can install any manual accord 6 speed into the cb7...is he full of shit?

i mean he knows his stuff, but is that accurate...can you install any 6 speed from the accord series into the cb7...i don't buy it.

he said its a straight swap. no mods or anything at all...just drop it in

Negative. :thumbsdow

Can't explain it because I'm doing a paper, but negative.
    '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
    -'93 BRP LX 4AT
    -'92 AGP LX 5MT
    -'93 AGP EX 4AT
    10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

i thought so...are there any 6 speeds that will work....please explain when you get a change i want gear # 6 in my ride

Comment

Hmm the engine bay in the CB7 chassis is fairly small. I thought up the idea of a v6 from a CD5 once but the engine bay would require custom mounts as it were impossible to fit a v6 in there..I also had the idea if anyone had every attmepted it and used a 6spd from an NSX (the v6 engine is basically scaled down a bit from the NSX if Im correct to fit the CD5 basically has the same engine code begining with 'CA') but with some major mods...who knows it hasnt been attempted at least to my knowledge but what the hey any thing is possible I suppose.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I dont think anybody has come forth that has tried it, but the C or K series' 6 speed transmissions would have to be compatiable with the H/F block.

Comment

damn.....i know anything is possible with loads of money and skilled mechanics....but im lookin for something simple and effective...please say something exists~ i dont wanna frankenstien my next cb7

+tell me about this cd5 v6 swap...i bet someone makes mounts that would work! i recently saw a whole bunch of companies making engine mounts just for swaps, all sorts of applications.

Comment

nope, Honda FWD 6 spds only came on V6's which has the trans on the left side of the engine bay vs on the right side as in the 4 cyl cars.
              00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                nope, Honda FWD 6 spds only came on V6's which has the trans on the left side of the engine bay vs on the right side as in the 4 cyl cars.
                so what about 6 speed on the right side with and H/F series block ....would that work?

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordlxtuner
                  so what about 6 speed on the right side with and H/F series block ....would that work?
                  uuuuhhh.....like I said, there is no 6 spd/4cyl....meaning there is no 6 spd that sits on the right side of the engine bay.
                  00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

the new tsx is a six speed four cylinder, none the less, theyre still mounted opposite.
                    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                      uuuuhhh.....like I said, there is no 6 spd/4cyl....meaning there is no 6 spd that sits on the right side of the engine bay.
                      i dont get it...if you can hook up a 6 speed to a 4 cylinder, then wouldnt it be able to operate in the same spot (right side) as a regular tranny???

Comment

k- series swap with a 6 speed would work

"Tucking tires and wires."
                        The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
                          k- series swap with a 6 speed would work
                          k series...is that the v6??? where can i find details on such a swap?

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordlxtuner
                            k series...is that the v6??? where can i find details on such a swap?
                            K20 engine is a four cylinder, it's what's in the Acura RSX, I don't think it's been done into a 4th gen Accord yet?
                            Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                            i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

hmmm...sounds interesting...how about using the RSX tranny on an h/f series?

Comment

Working...
                              X