Maintain your Honda!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintain your Honda!!

here's some pics i'd thought i'd share. see mrt for more info. looks like they never / rarely changed the oil. checked the pickup and screen, everything's fine there. i wonder how long it's been going on a bad HG....

before pulling everything apart:

just with the valve cover off; bronzing...UGH SLUDGE.

IM off. didn't have a chance to take detailed pics as my batteries died; but there was oil sitting in the bottom of the TB chamber.

in the process of cleaning the gunk out of the VC. believe me when i say, it was COVERED in a thick, gritty, goo.

similar to this....

don't worry; i didn't attempt to drive it home. couldn't what with a dead injector or two-that was nice...anyway nope, she required a trailer & winch.

basically the moral of this thread: CHANGE YOUR OIL ON TIME! or asians like me shall suffer greatly. no but it wasn't that hard to remove, just lots of pumice solution, and carb cleaner before it. the head is the next thing to come completely apart. i just wonder how long this thing was sitting/neglected

life is good.

dang that's nasty.

I didn't know you were asian.

Comment

is that a cooler in the back of your truck?

Comment

lol no zach it's a filing cabinet. a buddy was nice enough to take me up to where the car was an hour away from home and tow it back. discovered a nice fuel leak that day, as well. damn honda tank seams...

life is good.

Comment

Dag man I have seen worse.

Comment

Why would you clean it before you pull the head?

Comment

Wow you got yourself a piece of work there...Props to ya, I wouldve parted what I could and sell the rest to the JY...but thats me. Hope to see some progress.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

What you get that for, like $300? I hope so.

Anyways I took a bad picture before we cleaned the engine bya of my gf's coupe, the engine was caked with oil and the spark tubes were FULL of oil. Gross, nevermind the spark plug wires broke when I pulled them out of the holes.
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

thats how the original engine in my accord was when i got it. then it finally locked up
                  COUPE K24

Comment

this one's not too bad, the head isn't that bad now, and valve cover is clean.

a buddy of mine refered me to this product: www.auto-rx.com.

gonna try that. and just giving it a normal flush. someone said put deisel in the engine and crank it no plugs. i thought that sounded like a HORRIBLE idea.

i checked the bottom end, the pickup is fine as was the screen. i'm hoping high that it is fine in the endwe'll see! gonna try and run it and see what it does. needs a HG though.

life is good.

Comment

I change my Fit's oil every 10,000 miles or so.

Comment

yeah, which opens a whole new can-o-worms. actually how often are you supposed to change your oil? my rule is dino oils every 3k, synthetics every 5. what does honda recommend nowadays? every 3-6?

life is good.

Comment

I usually go no more than 5,000 miles on the Lancer. With the Talon, I will go no more than 3,000...and these are on synthetic oils.

When I popped the VC on the Talon, I was surprised that the inside was still spotless. I was waiting to crack it open and see stains. Guess the guys really did rebuild it
                          VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                            what does honda recommend nowadays? every 3-6?
                            7500 in the Honda owners manual ....
                            That car looks like it was hit hard at one point in the front end looking at the strut tower.... Oem they are "lumpy" like that but not curled up and before it you can see a crack.....

Comment

according to my records on the car, it was well taken care of up until 2006. but was always maintained @ Lewis Acura in south burlington, VT. the records i have also indicate that it was never in an accident over it's entire life. but interesting observation makes me wonder!...

i ran the carfax, and the only thing i know of that it needed major service was the trans being rebuilt in 2005. whomever had the car after that buttseckz'd it all to shit.

life is good.

Comment

Working...
                              X