Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faced with an opportunity...should I seize it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faced with an opportunity...should I seize it?

I have the opportunity to get out of the country and work in a warehouse. It's only $22/hr working 12-17 hours a day, 7 days a week. That's going to be hell....and it's in Kuwait.

I think it would be a cool experience (assuming suicide bomber doesn't blow me up) but at the same time I'm not too sure....what do you think?
    VIP Status.

fuckin be like 120 degrees. you be sweatin in your own sweat. you'll love the 105 degree nights too. and if Iran decides to nuke Israel, its been nice knowin ya.

Comment

Take it. Honestly..do that for a while, save your cash, come back home. It'll be an experience like you said, with the money to back it up.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
        fuckin be like 120 degrees. you be sweatin in your own sweat. you'll love the 105 degree nights too. and if Iran decides to nuke Israel, its been nice knowin ya.
        I like what he said lol^^ If you dont got a girl here, or a family take the chance, who knows it may open another door!

Comment

mattman, whereabouts in Puyallup do you live? I'm off of 176th and Meridian.

Aside from that, I don't want to be in the warzone - that's my main concern. I don't really trust the middle east...

But then again, it is beautiful (shit the media won't show you)...I've seen the pictures of Afghanistan even. Real nice place.

But I don't know about the heat...because the warehouse isn't air conditioned. But there's plenty of cold water. So I don't know. My balls will melt off.
          VIP Status.

Comment

Id say if you are single and your family is ok with it do it.

Def and experience and you will make hella bank.

Comment

the whole 105 degree at night is not true. my dad served in iraq for 4 years and he said half the time at night it would be 40-50 degrees out
              You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
              Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

The guy that asked if I wanted to go is getting paid $75/hr. I told him pay me $75/hr and I will definately go. $35,000/mo for him. That is absolutely insane.

I'm still married....maybe my wife would go and that'd be equivalent of $44/hr. I don't know...
                VIP Status.

Comment

For 75/hr I would deff go.

Shit I'm thinking about it now because I want to buy a house as opposed to a townhouse/condo.

If they need someone else pm me.

Comment

Yea unfortunately we won't make the $75. He gets it because he's been there longer and he is coordinating shit. We get a measely $22. Still at $22, where do you find that these days in the US? But to go to the mid east....for $22.....ehhh
                    VIP Status.

Comment

Well I almost went for less then that in the Army.

You'll be getting paid more then most soldiers and won't have to deal with all the bs they do.

Comment

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
                        the whole 105 degree at night is not true. my dad served in iraq for 4 years and he said half the time at night it would be 40-50 degrees out
                        kuwait is hotter than iraq
                        Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                        You'll be getting paid more then most soldiers and won't have to deal with all the bs they do.
                        so much BS too

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
                        mattman, Aside from that, I don't want to be in the warzone - that's my main concern. I don't really trust the middle east...
                        kuwait isnt really a warzone. we ride around with no guns mounted in armor-less humvees

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                          Id say if you are single and your family is ok with it do it.

Def and experience and you will make hella bank.
                          quoted for fucking truth

no
                          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                          $30 HID kits here Thread
                          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

The risk of being shot or blown up is slim, especially if you're going as a civilian, and not working closely with soldiers. You're not a target. Still more of a risk than being a warehouse worker in the US, but I wouldn't weigh that threat too highly in the decision making process.

It WILL be hot as balls.
                            Guaranteed the work is going to suck. Especially those long-ass days! I did a few weeks of nonstop 18 hour days (7 days a week) last year, and I think I'm still a little crazy from that. How many days a week is this?
                            $22/hr is decent. Not great, but decent. $330 a day, roughly...

Comment

Originally posted by floored View Post

so much BS too
                              Idk if this is sarcasm, but i just want to clear up that i didn't mean the work they do is bs or try to downplay what soldiers do because i am a solider.

I was just simply meaning that instead of waking up at 430am to roll out and do security checks or convoys he will be exempt from all the "soldier" work and just have to do his civilian job.

Comment

Working...
                              X