No announcement yet.

My gf broke up with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I've been there. I married the girl. Bad idea.

Comment

Remember that thread I made two years ago that you posted on after the Spring Meet? Yeahhhh I don't think I need that in the future (marriage) lol. I can't even imagine living with her.

Comment

Originally posted by wlfpck View Post
        best thing to do is be neutral with her. Don't be a prick but don't go out of your way to help her and such.

In my mind, if she wants to be friends, she'll call you when she does NOT need anything from you. When she only gets a hold of you when she wants/needs something, that's not being friends.
        This is very good advice.

You have all the talk therapy you need in here, man.

If you are a decent guy you will not have issues finding a good woman.

And, to be honest, most people don't "buckle down" into maturity until they have carried their own weight, AND the weight of at least one other person. It just seems to be what is necessary for people to start "towing the line". (as my Dad says)

Work on your car, get YOUR ducks in a row. Nothing better for you!
        Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG94CB7 View Post
          Oh you so lie...

Comment

On second thought...
            That is its own topic-what you said.

And I think it would be poor form for ME to speak for a large demographic of women.

HOWEVER, I am not lying, Deeve.
            Last edited by LadyG; 08-04-2010, 10:24 PM.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with single moms. Hell, my stepfather married one! (I mean, I was an adult by the time they were dating, and my parents were married until I was 14... but still...) Single moms have a better shot than "decent guys". It's really just a territorial thing. Men tend to shy away from women with children, because some other dude already "left his mark", so to speak. Once they get over that idiotic neanderthal concept, good guys have no problem with a single mom (especially one that has already shown she can raise and support her own kids, and isn't looking for someone to do it for her!) As you said, maturity comes with responsibility. Having kids thrusts immense responsibility (and therefore maturity) upon you. Unless, of course, you can't hack it... I've seen single moms (and even the fathers) be unable to grow up and properly care for their kids. Some people just DON'T grow up!

Every girl says she wants a decent guy. Every girl goes for the cocky, charismatic jerk. The jerks are seen as the alpha males. The warriors. The aggressors. The "decent guys" stand back frustrated. Only when women get old, and start looking for safety and security, do the decent guys get their chance. Most decent guys aren't an adventure. There's no intrigue, no game, no mystery in a "decent guy".
              My stepfather is a decent guy. He was a bachelor until age 60.

Decent guys don't stand a snowball's chance in hell. Unless, of course, they want to go out with their friend's girlfriend's ugly friend that would be "perfect!"... because decent guys can see the beauty inside everyone, right?

I'm not bitter.

Dammit, how are you going to edit your post after I typed this long-ass reply!
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=163989
              There.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Dammit, how are you going to edit your post after I typed this long-ass reply!
                LOL!!!!
                I'm going to reply to your post, but I edited that cause I didn't want to jack this poor guy's thread. Oh, well... we'll go there!

Comment

LOL!!!!
                  I'm going to reply to your post, but I edited that cause I didn't want to jack this poor guy's thread. Oh, well... we'll go there!
                  Yeah, you're right... that really WOULD jack this thread! Of course, it might prove to be useful information in his circumstance!

Comment

Decent guys....

If you know what you want for yourself, for your own life, then you will know what women to fuck'wit, and which are out there to use/abuse you.

It is far less about the quantity of decent people, and more about people (esp young people) not knowing what they want for themselves.

Comment

This is very good advice.

You have all the talk therapy you need in here, man.

Work on your car, get YOUR ducks in a row. Nothing better for you!
                      LadyG is right

go into the car like a madman, you will forget her very soon
                      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Decent guys....

If you know what you want for yourself, for your own life, then you will know what women to fuck'wit, and which are out there to use/abuse you.

It is far less about the quantity of decent people, and more about people (esp young people) not knowing what they want for themselves.
                        That is very true. When you know yourself, you know what you want. Very few people actually DO know that anymore, it seems.

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                        LadyG is right

go into the car like a madman, you will forget her very soon
                        Very true. Getting lost in a passion for something is the best way to move on, and continue to grow... Focusing on a relationship that no longer exists (and for good reason, in most cases) is no way to grow!

Comment

yeah it's pretty easy to decide whether or not something is starting with someone for a good reason, or if it's just secks or what. go slow and take care of yourself first, that's what i always say..

life is good.

Comment

Working...
                          X