Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

purchasing iphone, does at&t store update???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

purchasing iphone, does at&t store update???

for those that work at an att store, whenever someone buys an iphone and you activate them in-store... do you automatically update them to the latest firmware if its not already installed???

my concern is because i just ordered an ip4, which i assume will be running either 4.0/4.0.1, which is fine. from what ive been reading, there is a jb/unlock coming very soon. now if its released before i get my phone, and apple releases a quick update to fix the hack... i dont want att to update my phone before handing it over to me. if i get fucked out of a jailbreak, i dont want the phone.

just get the firmware and revert it back. you sure have a lot of questions for a cb7tuner forum.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

^ lol yeah i'm sure theres a way back...if they do update

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

I'm also sure every AT&T employee has jailbroken their phone. Ask them about it (go for the younger ones especially) and chances are they'll make sure they don't update it.

Comment

I don't suppose they've given you any idea of how long its going to take to come in, have they?

Comment

They're gonna update your new phone by giving your a free rubber band to put around it, so you can make phone calls..

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808 View Post
              They're gonna update your new phone by giving your a free rubber band to put around it, so you can make phone calls..
              they actually dont. you dont get anything free instore. there is an iphone 4 case app. you download it and sign up for the case.

but whatever, i already ordered a case through ebay.

Comment

Working...
              X