I can't decide....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't decide....

...between a car or a truck. Sorry for the rant/vent, but i really cant choose.

I really cant. The pros and cons of one equal the pros and cons of the other. The reasons i want a truck are many.

Truck PROS:
    -Ive never had one
    -I can move stuff when i need to
    -4x4(off-roading/weather)
    -big v6 or v8
    -and ill admit; it's a little manly having a truck, lol.
    -I know this isnt a pro, but the wife loves trucks

Car PROS:
    -gas mileage(4 or 6 cyl)
    -sporty
    -not as "redneck" lol
    -more likely to be cleaner and better kept
    -more likely to last longer

But im also finding downsides to each...

Truck CONS:
    -lower fuel economy
    -more expensive to fix
    -wont last as long, mileage wise

Car CONS:
    -2WD/FWD
    -No bed/cant move stuff

Now that theyre written out, they dont seem so even, lol. But in my mind, they are!

If i got a truck it'd have to be extended cab(3+ door) 4x4. v6 or v8, most likely v8. I dont do alot of hauling or mudding, but the 4x4 would be nice to have in the winter and in case i wanna go off-road. Not to mention hopping some curbs. I know they're more expensive to fix but ive found a few with under 130k.

I want a car, mainly v6 6G accord coupe cuz i feel it's more "grown up". It looks sporty while still having a back seat. Being a Honda, itll last well beyond 200k and is reasonably cheap to fix. INT is more likely to be in better condition, too.

The wife wants a big truck. Quad-cab 4x4. That way we can haul and off-road but still carry a family. I havent been able to find any quad cabs in MY price range, so if we get one, itll have to be out of her Army money, later on. She's not the only reason i want a truck because i know she'll be happy with whatever i get but i know getting a truck will make her smile just a little more or make her just a little more happier. I know it sounds like im trying to please her, and to a certain extent, i am. I dont mind having either vehicle; car or truck. And i know that i will be the one responsible for its upkeep, so its best to find the one that will be cheapest in the long run, but seeing the smile on her face when she sees it, will be priceless. Well, she'll smile no matter what i get but she'll smile bigger for a truck, lol.

I dont know. I dont mind having either. Ive never had a truck and wont mind having one or keeping up with it cuz i work at a chevy dealership so i know what to watch for and i can get parts/work done for cheap. With a Honda, i know a little more about it but...i dont know. I just feel like a "kid" in a Honda. Even if it is a 6G with black leather, lol. It's more grown up than my CB but I just...i dont know how to explain it.

Sorry for the ranting/venting. I just cant decide and wanted to hear opinions from you guys. I know some of you are gonna say "keep the CB" or "get another CB"--NOT HAPPENING, so please dont say it. It's either v6 6G coupe or Chevy/GMC ex-cab 4x4.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

could always get a new suby wagon than you can carry stuff but yet have the economy of a car and have all wheel drive. kind of krappy suggestion but figured id throw it out there.

and personally if the wifey likes trucks id get a truck

EDIT: and truck wise i would get a chevy silverado .. my grandparents bought theres brand new in 1996 and it has tons of power.. and still to this day it looks amazing and all they do is wash/regular maintenance on it. its pushing 260k on the original vortec engine/tranny
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

I had contemplated a Suby but....meh. Not my style. Especially a wagon.

If i get a truck, it will be a Silverado or Sierra, FOR SURE. Ive seen them go to 200+ but that still scares me, lol. I dont wanna be another vehicle's last owner.

I know they rust at the cab corners and above the wheel wells, but of all the ones ive seen, even the older ones dont have alot of rust.

Im looking at one right now thats a white '98 ex-cab 4x4 Silverado with 119k. Guy wants $6000 for it. Im REALLY thinking about it, but im supposed to be looking at a really clean 6G today, too. 2000 silver coupe, 135k, leather, sunroof, cd player; $6400.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

I feel like if i get the car, ill still want the truck or regret not getting one.
        If i get a truck, i feel like ill regret not getting the car.

See? I cant decide, lol. Im the most indecisive person i know, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
          Truck CONS:
          -lower fuel economy
          -wont last as long, mileage wise
          Get a diesel.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Dont even, lol.

Nothing above a 1500 or 5.7L v8.

Comment

Jeep (Wrangler)? lol.

Comment

Ive thought about it. My mom has a 2000 Cherokee and while it's pretty base model, it does have 4WD and PW/PL but...eh. It does have folding rear seats and a spacious back area, but i think id file that under "Station Wagon". Not my style.

Comment

Negro, I said Wrangler, not a Cherokee.

Comment

dude son. Its easy. Civic Wago Van 4WD. Ballin.
                    wat?

Comment

subaru baja. or a subaru brat if youre looking for an older model.

Comment

I think my next dealer bought vehicle will be a Ford Explorer Sport trax or track i forget but i will settle for a Jeep Wrangler.

Comment

I had this problem as well and i decided to go with the Pathfinder.

Moving stuff/4wd > anything i could need a car for.

Eventually when the time is right and the money has some hair on it, ill sell/trade the pathfinder for something sweet.

Right now im on a budget.

3.5 is looking good.

this is what im going for(either this color or black)

Last edited by Ralphie; 07-22-2010, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by True-BlueCB7 View Post
                            Negro, I said Wrangler, not a Cherokee.
                            Hellooooooo douche-mobile!

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                            dude son. Its easy. Civic Wago Van 4WD. Ballin.
                            Eh. The thought HAS crossed my mind but id only be tempted to mod it and buy a bunch of Bisimoto parts, lol.

I want something thats gonna have a bit of power already. Hence why i was gonna go with a v6 6G. A truck will have a v6 at the least. A v8 IS a bit big, but i can manage.

Im starting to lean towards the truck and here's why; with a coupe, ill have a bit of a back seat. Nothing sedan-like, but still there. Ill get the same thing out of an ex-cab, only ill have that 3rd door. However, and here what's swaying my decision, the truck will have the same seating space PLUS 4WD PLUS the room that the bed will give.

If i get the car and need to move more than a few boxes, im either gonna make a bunch of trips or have to borrow/rent a truck.

I know eventually, years from now, me and the wifey will re-evaluate our vehicles and either both down size or go in on a something like a tahoe or bigger "family" vehicle. In the meantime, i still have a time to play and experiment.

Comment

Cross over like a Mazda 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X