I do not think i can attend college now :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not think i can attend college now :(

well i just received my bill for my 1st semester (after they took out grants and all that other stuff) of college and without books and traveling costs it will be 3,750. thats each semester I will have to pay that plus the other expenses. And my parents credit is not very good so they cant co-sign for me and I really do not have anyone else to sign for me. And I applied at Wells Fargo for one and I used my parents but that was only for my first semesters tuition cost. Not the other 5 semesters. This is for the Pennsylvania College of Technology degree of plastics engineering.

I will not let myself go without a college education. So if i cannot get my money I need to start now. I will start working my ass off and start next year and hopefully be approved for alot more. My parents wont allow me to not go to college. They dont want to see me going through what they went through, thats why there credit is bad they went through hard times and there building it back up.

End of rant,
    Have a good Day/Night everyone

,Bucky,
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
    well i just received my bill for my 1st semester (after they took out grants and all that other stuff) of college and without books and traveling costs it will be 3,750. thats each semester I will have to pay that plus the other expenses. And my parents credit is not very good so they cant co-sign for me and I really do not have anyone else to sign for me. And I applied at Wells Fargo for one and I used my parents but that was only for my first semesters tuition cost. Not the other 5 semesters. This is for the Pennsylvania College of Technology degree of plastics engineering.

I will not let myself go without a college education. So if i cannot get my money I need to start now. I will start working my ass off and start next year and hopefully be approved for alot more. My parents wont allow me to not go to college. They dont want to see me going through what they went through, thats why there credit is bad they went through hard times and there building it back up.

End of rant,
    Have a good Day/Night everyone

,Bucky,
    did you apply for financial aid/FAFSA?

Comment

that has to be out of state fees...unless its a university. dont do loans man...they fuck you over.

apply for fafsa seriously. if you get the pell grant, make sure you pass. if not you will owe them money and will not be eligible for any financial aid again until it is payed back.

also check to see if they got an installment plan. most schools do. good luck with everything!
      Last edited by Law Grandeur; 07-21-2010, 06:21 PM. Reason: cuz i r awesum

no
      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
      $30 HID kits here Thread
      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

try going to uti. mine tuition is 34k
        COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
          try going to uti. mine tuition is 34k
          shouldve went to any tech school or college that has mechanics. same ASE degree/certification for a lot less

no
          $30 HID kits here Thread
          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

yeh that cost is with my fafsa and everything taken out already.. i didnt recieve a pell i wasnt eligible. and no its in state cost i live 30 miles from the college.
            You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
            Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
              yeh that cost is with my fafsa and everything taken out already.. i didnt recieve a pell i wasnt eligible. and no its in state cost i live 30 miles from the college.
              woooow that really sucks bro. they dont have installment plans though?

no
              $30 HID kits here Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                woooow that really sucks bro. they dont have installment plans though?
                yeh your first 1,500 of what you owe is due by august 2 and the rest is due september 2

and it sucks because i just got my bill on monday and they expect me to come up with all this money in 2 weeks

Comment

Have you tried tying your shirt up by your chest, wearing some Daisy Dukes and walking down the street? I hear there can be good money in that.

Seriously, though, have you talked to your financial aid person, or looked into some on-campus work opportunities (I had a friend who got paid to babysit the campus mini bowling alley/snack bar). Or maybe some medical or other type of human guinea pig studies?

Comment

Ya my school sent me a letter stating that i owed 3k in 2 weeks.

I was like are you motherfuckers crazy? Nobody comes up with 3k in a week.

They had to wait till my military funding came in, and i said boo hoo fuckheads.

Schools are the worst with that shit.

Comment

well my aunt is very good with all this stuff. and she also goes to school there. so she is taking me up friday so we can see what we can have done and what options i have

Comment

Go to community college for the first 2 years. Make sure everything transfers to the school you want to go to afterward. That's how I did it. Saved a HELL of a lot of money. Rutgers isn't cheap, even for NJ residents!

Comment

hmm ill have to look into that since i know all the courses id need for my degree since i have a schedule i can do all the courses i would need than just go for the plastics part

Comment

It worked well for me. I also feel that the community college I went to was a better school than Rutgers (go figure... a community college is better than an ivy-league equivalent... Rutgers would've been ivy if it wasn't a public university)

Comment

yeh. the reason my school is so much is its an affiliate of Penn State.. well its offically its sister school now.

Comment

Working...
                              X