X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow...anyone want to go to the beach?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnSiurR3O9Y
    VIP Status.

OMG, lets make a bigger deal out of it. who the fuck cares, honestly. it already happened.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

OMG another conspiracy theory.

You do know there is no oil leaking into the gulf it is all staged.

Comment

They're talking like it's surprising. Yes, oil is leaking, and has leaked for quite a while now. It WILL be on the beaches, and in the water...

The fact that there are kids playing on those beaches and in that water is a bit unsettling... parents should know better.

Then again, how bad are those levels anyway? Those numbers really mean nothing to me.

Comment

Did anybody notice that poor beached whale at 1:24?

By the way, there's a lot of film footage from oil drilling on private land (through a contract agreement with the property owners) that show their water wells being contaminated with petroleum gasses and so on. I saw a few videos (and a documentary) showing someone lighting the water on fire directly out of their kitchen faucet.

Comment

So they found that out of 1,000,000 gallons of water, up to 221 gallons of it could be petroleum...

wow...

I'd be more concerned about all of the dolphin shit and whale jizz in the ocean myself...

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
              So they found that out of 1,000,000 gallons of water, up to 221 gallons of it could be petroleum...
              It's actually nothing that extreme. ppm is measured by weight, not volume.
              These lemmings are actually claiming that 1 million grams of water has 221 grams of crude oil.

Water density: 1g/L
              1 million liters of water = 1 million grams of water.

Crude Oil density: 825g/L
              Thus, 221 grams of crude oil works out to be just 0.267L of crude oil.
              The resulting ratio is 0.267L crude oil per 1,000,000 litres of water.

To conclude, in 1,000,000 gallons of water, up to 0.07 gallons of it is crude oil, according to the highest figure this "research" found.

These news guys failed to explain what ppm really is, which can be misleading to those who don't readily understand that system of units. 221 gallons of crude per million gallons of water would truly be devastating.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Then again, how bad are those levels anyway? Those numbers really mean nothing to me.
              It's tough to say. 0.267L of crude oil in 1 million liters of water seems little, but getting the oil out is truly a bitch. I've personally seen the oil-separating solvent in action, and I can only wonder how it can work in a body of water that large...
              __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

And by the way, no chemical analyst in his right mind analyzes the ENTIRE sample of water given to him at once. A smaller, measured portion has to be taken out for analysis in every lab situation I've been in. This is standard procedure! Even if the glassware exploded in the first trial, where was the rest of this sample? I'm not completely flagging BS in the news here, but there was something vague about that chemist. The news station really exaggerated what was going on with the analysis.
              Last edited by Nurega; 07-20-2010, 07:13 AM.
              Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
              2005 Acura TSX 6MT
              2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                ha ha, nice
                _

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                  I went to the beach on Sunday. Me and the old lady saw alot of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
                    These lemmings are actually claiming that 1 million grams of water has 221 grams of crude oil.

To conclude, in 1,000,000 gallons of water, up to 0.07 gallons of it is crude oil, according to the highest figure this "research" found.

These news guys failed to explain what ppm really is, which can be misleading to those who don't readily understand that system of units. 221 gallons of crude per million gallons of water would truly be devastating.

It's tough to say. 0.267L of crude oil in 1 million liters of water seems little, but getting the oil out is truly a bitch. I've personally seen the oil-separating solvent in action, and I can only wonder how it can work in a body of water that large...
                    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

And by the way, no chemical analyst in his right mind analyzes the ENTIRE sample of water given to him at once. A smaller, measured portion has to be taken out for analysis in every lab situation I've been in. This is standard procedure! Even if the glassware exploded in the first trial, where was the rest of this sample? I'm not completely flagging BS in the news here, but there was something vague about that chemist. The news station really exaggerated what was going on with the analysis.
                    Soooo....you pwnd the news.
                    VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
                      Soooo....you pwnd the news.
                      I think that is about the smartest thing I have ever read on this forum.

Comment

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38333456...h_and_gadgets/

Regardless of the amount spilled or how many sperm cells are in the ocean, this company could care fucking less about our shores or our livelihood.

All they care about is there $$$ interests.

Not that it's a surprise coming from a multi billion $ company but at least try to do the right thing when you fuck up.

They've been fucking with the #'s and now the pictures since day one.

They will certainly never get a $ from me again, solely based on their handling of the situation.

Back to the UK you fucking blow holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega View Post

I didn't pay that much attention in chemistry... I fail

But still... Who really wants to swim in the water that whales jizz in?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                            http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38333456...h_and_gadgets/

Regardless of the amount spilled or how many sperm cells are in the ocean, this company could care fucking less about our shores or our livelihood.

All they care about is there $$$ interests.

Not that it's a surprise coming from a multi billion $ company but at least try to do the right thing when you fuck up.

They've been fucking with the #'s and now the pictures since day one.

They will certainly never get a $ from me again, solely based on their handling of the situation.

Back to the UK you fucking blow holes.
                            wow..really?.. seems to me like there paying billion to people that live in the affected areas.. and seems to me like they truely are making an effort to clean it... wouldnt you alter the pictures if you had the news that only tells the bad side of everything showing the pictures? i mean while it was pouring out they were spending millions on a solution to fix it
                            You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
                            Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

Yea the command center picture may be fake....and possibly other pictures they have put out, but the videos can't be faked. Well, I guess they "could" but the dates and times are on the rovs themselves. It's not something that could be taken away or altered. When the rov is capturing video, it's automatically imprinting that data into the feed.

Of course, they could show angles of the leak that aren't nearly as bad seeming....that was always a thought in my mind.
                              VIP Status.

Comment

Working...
                              X