Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raceboy View Post
    Congrats kid!

I'm going for my smog license as well, my dad retired from doing smogs at my family's shop (he works for Mitchell1 now) anyways they want me to take his place.

So the test was a cake walk huh? Good to know... Oh and our shop charges 70 bucks + cert and we're in the ghetto.

But hell yeah son congrats, that's tight.
    jesus christ, where have you been? remember i bought the h23 head off you back in 05 or 06? i should be starting on thursdays at my new smog job.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
      jesus christ, where have you been? remember i bought the h23 head off you back in 05 or 06? i should be starting on thursdays at my new smog job.
      Hell yeah I remember slanging you the head Wes, damn that was a while ago.... I've been around lurking in the shadows lol.
      CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        you guys are getting ripped off, walk in customers we charge 70+ cert. <3 nice neighborhoods.
        hahah 25 + 8.75 cert is pretty cheap.

Its half the reason why many smog shops went out of business.

On my 300zx, I was going to go with a smog legal turbo setup, and then im like "wtf ill smog my own car! Just hopefully I wont get pulled over by the cops and sent to bar LOL"

Let me ask you guys a smog question that im to lazy to look up in my rules and regs book: If your car came without turbo (im talking about a 86 nissan 300zx) and you added the oem turbo stuff (no aftermarket intercoolers etc but from the same car), AND the timming for the non turbo is 20 btdc, but the turbo is 15 btdc, how would a smog tech test it? Would they test the car as a turbo? Its very hard to see the turbo unless you really look....

Or do I have to go to BAR and get it certified?

...here is another one. This car calls for TAC, egr, AIR, twc and some other stuff. If I ADD an intercooler, would they care? Or not since its not anything that needs to be inspected?

Im a little lazy to look, because its a vague question. I know for some civics before 94 they didnt have TAC, so if they had an aftermarket intake without a CARB number they would pass.

Thankz.

...sorry to thread jack
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

the VIN is different for turbo versions, have to bar it. Found this out when i was running a vin on a sketch turbo Mazda rx7.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
          X