got my smog license!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got my smog license!

passed the exam this morning, im stoked! (im actually hammered but thats in celebration)
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

can me like comments on cb7 tuner like on facebook? lol

sweet man sounds badass!

Rip It Up
      Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Originally posted by Extacee View Post
        can me like comments on cb7 tuner like on facebook? lol

umm k

Comment

congrats bro!! just might have to have you smog my car when shes all done!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=91030 <--MY RIDE!
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140230 <--MY ongoing ENGINE BUILD!..

Comment

you guys are killing me, gonna get me in trouble,
            I <3 G60.

Comment

Congrats bro. I seriously considered getting my smog cert. but I was told from a few of my smog tech buddies that the industry is going to be getting really shitty... That CA is going to be implementing some new laws and regulations to independent smog shops thats going to really cut down on the revenue.

I dont know. I'm still young But congrats!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
              Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
              NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7 View Post
                Congrats bro. I seriously considered getting my smog cert. but I was told from a few of my smog tech buddies that the industry is going to be getting really shitty... That CA is going to be implementing some new laws and regulations to independent smog shops thats going to really cut down on the revenue.

I dont know. I'm still young But congrats!
                I think it comes down to competition. Everyone has to go by the rules of BAR but they are cracking down on shady shops.

I just got my smog license a few weeks ago as well, that smog exam IMO was easy as pie, much easier than the L1 test. The L1 test wasnt that bad but still made me think, and I got 89 percent on it =)
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                  I think it comes down to competition. Everyone has to go by the rules of BAR but they are cracking down on shady shops.

I just got my smog license a few weeks ago as well, that smog exam IMO was easy as pie, much easier than the L1 test. The L1 test wasnt that bad but still made me think, and I got 89 percent on it =)
                  Its not a matter of being involved with a shady shop. Its the fact that I HEARD california is supposed to be implementing a law that regulates what techs can charge for a smog test. They're supposed to be making it a lot less than what it is now to make it affordable to smog a car.

Any way. I dont know if there's any truth to it. It freaked me out a tiny bit when i was looking into getting that cert a few months ago.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                  Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                  NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

smog license is kinda like a bachelor's degree, you'll get hired over a lot of other ASE certified peeps. unless of course it is a master tech you are competeing against.

L1 is a bitch, i got an 80%? going to be starting at 15 cash

worse comes worse, i can get into smog related repairs and work at a gold shield.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

Congrats. Welcome to this fucked up industry of automotive that there isn't really any money involved anymore.
                      The beginning of a new era............................
                      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7 View Post
                        Its not a matter of being involved with a shady shop. Its the fact that I HEARD california is supposed to be implementing a law that regulates what techs can charge for a smog test. They're supposed to be making it a lot less than what it is now to make it affordable to smog a car.

Any way. I dont know if there's any truth to it. It freaked me out a tiny bit when i was looking into getting that cert a few months ago.
                        man its like 25 bucks plus 8 cert now. How can that not be affordable? LOl. Some shops do charge for evap testing and to take off the plastic covers in the engine bay.

There are shops now that charge to jack up the car to look at the EO number on the CAT.
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

you guys are getting ripped off, walk in customers we charge 70+ cert. <3 nice neighborhoods.
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

uh oh.
                            Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                            -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Congrats kid!

I'm going for my smog license as well, my dad retired from doing smogs at my family's shop (he works for Mitchell1 now) anyways they want me to take his place.

So the test was a cake walk huh? Good to know... Oh and our shop charges 70 bucks + cert and we're in the ghetto.

But hell yeah son congrats, that's tight.
                              CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

Working...
                              X