Beautiful Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful Ride

I haven't thought about it until now but....I am my CB's final owner. I'm parting it out and then sending it off to the JY. I'm the destroyer. I'm the one ending it's life. I know pieces will live on, but...i dont know. I know i haven't exactly loved this car lately, and i'm not regretting anything, so don't ask, lol, but i'm kinda sad.

I've had this car for over 5 years. It was MY first car. I bought and paid for it all by myself. I went to Arizona and back in this car. I went to Chicago and back in this car. It's seen the streets of Yuma, Phoenix, Flagstaff, Albuquerque, OKC, KC, STL, Chicago.....good times. I was with my ex for 4.5 years. Owned this car for 3.5 of those years. It met my wife; who is the only other person to drive it.

I've loved this car. I've hated this car. It's been good, fun, happy and sad. It's been a long road and a beautiful ride.

This comes to mind...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

I've owned mine for almost 7 years. Man 7 years! That seems like a lifetime for someone my age, esp. since my friends my age have already gone through 3 or 4 cars lol. Eventually I know it'll have to go, but for now its an important part of my life. I plan on taking it for a road trip this summer. Maybe to Pikes Peak, CO and back, I've always wanted to go there.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

ive had mine almost 8 years.... its the only possession i own that i think of as more than a posession, and its something that i hope to own my entire life... i can let it sit for months on end, and get in and it puts a smile on my face like the first time i drove it... its been though much throughout the 8 years that i was going through so much... i like to think of it growing with me... built the engine in my uncles shop who passed away about a month ago... every aspect of the car has some incredible memories... my whole mentality is that it doesnt hinder my life to own it so i will never get rid of it... it doesnt take up much space, and i can come back to it at my leasure...

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

Mine hindered my life a few times. It sat for like 6 weeks once cuz it cost so much to fix that it took me that long to come up with the money to fix it.

I still remember the days when i first had it. I had to wait a week until i could come up with funds to tag and license it and get it insured and stuff and in my spare time i would sit in it and listen to Hawthorne Heights and i would just clean it and look at it. Id open the glove box and just explore and inspect it. I removed(and tossed) the OEM antenna motor and mast, front mudguards and OEM intake tube and box. I wish i wouldve kept some of that shit, lol.

This may be a bad analogy so excuse me, lol, but it's kinda like a dog. I got it and it was a few years old but i loved it like it was my own. And now here it is and it's contracted Doggy Leukemia or something and has to be put down. It's not like a family member or close friend, but it HAS grown on me and i have to end it's life. I have to be the one to pull the plug. And while i'm not getting all moist and emotional about it, it is something ive thought about the last few days and it's kinda sad. My next car wont be THIS car, but i hope that it can be the next fun, memory-making chapter of my life that this one was.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

never too late to start over my friend! >_-

Comment

Man I dont think I could ever send my wagon to the junk yard. Shes my baby and has been through everything with me. I would bury that car in my corn field before I let some fool take parts from her.

Comment

Originally posted by JunyAccord View Post
              never too late to start over my friend! >_-
              Nah. Im moving on.

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
              Man I dont think I could ever send my wagon to the junk yard. Shes my baby and has been through everything with me. I would bury that car in my corn field before I let some fool take parts from her.
              Only fool pulling parts will be me, lol. When all is said and done ima scrap it.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                Nah. Im moving on.
                Awwwww! Yo! What happened???? You wouldnt want to start over???

Comment

Dang it mike I hate to see your car go...I know I have only known you for a few months but you gotta get another. But on the same hand I felt the same way about my Volvo I once had and boy would I love to have another but thats way later on down the road...But for real tho it was deff a good run for you from the looks of it!!!
                  The CB7 Collector.
                  Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                  92 LX Coupe F22A1
                  2013 Toyota Corolla S
                  92 EX Sedan F22A1
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Robert, thanks.

Paul, it was just her time man. The key that held the balancer to the crankshaft snapped and took a piece of the balancer, and the lower t-belt cover, with it. Yeah, i could fix it, but im done with her. It's been 5 years, 65,000 miles and some good times but its time to go.

Comment

Whatever you gotta do man. Sucks to see another one hit the dust.

I was driving through the local Ford dealership lastnight and I spotted 2 nice white CBs in the corner. I immediately drove over to see if they were for sale.

And what did I find in the windshields of these 90-91 EX and EXR 5 speed sedans?

"NOT FOR SALE. Property of Ford through Recycle Your Ride Program."

Made me want to kill something.

Comment

Yeah.

Ive been looking at 6Gs. Mainly v6 coupes. I wouldnt mind a sedan but thats when i start getting picky. If i got a sedan, it'd have to be 01/02 and either black, silver or blue. My favorite color is green but v6 CG sedans didnt come in a green i like. The coupes came in a real nice metallic pine color, but those, too, are hard to find. All the coupes ive seen have been black, silver or red.

Ill be taking the last of everything off and out of the CB tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                        X