Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't you hate when you post a classified ad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you hate when you post a classified ad...

So, I have my Jetta up for sale on Kijiji. I've knocked the price down to $1500 just to get rid of it so that I can buy this '89 Integra XSi.

Anyways, because I have the uber rare Recaro seats, this guy emails me and just asks "Would you sell the Recaro interior?"

For one, I'm not parting out the car. I'm selling the whole thing as is. I started to write him back a mean reply like "no you effing tard, what am I going to sit on, milk crates?"

Then I got a bright idea and replied back accepting to sell the interior. So I replied "Sure, I'll sell the the Recaros for $1500, and I'll even throw the car in for free. How's that sound?"

Haha good one.

I hate that kind of shit too. It's so annoying some people are just dumb asses.

^^^^^
    Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

when i was selling my cb i got a few emails asking to part things out...i simply replied with this:

guy - "anyway you could sell me the headlights???"
      me - "of course i can! ill sell you them for 2500$ and they come with a free car"
      ..[CB7][STAR]..
      MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

I mean it's a good deal...you sell the guy the parts and they get a free car too. I'd be all over that

Comment

i read the suggestion about getting the car for free with the seats and i was like WOW THATS KILLER! then i realized it was full of sarcasm and i loled. oh man im a fail haha
          ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

well, I would give him the car for free if he gaveme $1500 for the seats.

Apparently that's what those Recaros are worth new.

Comment

It is very fuckin annoying. And it's a tease to the seller as well. You get an email or a phone call, thinking you've got a buyer, and all they want is a part.

It happened twice to me recently while I was selling shit before we moved. I was selling an entire patio set. I got a call, some guy wanted just the umbrella. And then I was selling a tv with an extra bulb. And again, a guy wanted just the bulb.

Btw, to the OP. That car youre selling, can I buy the steering wheel and gas pedal? That's all I need.

Comment

Sure, $5 plus s&h. Just as long as you can send me some bicycle handlebars and a wooden block to replace the parts you purchase.

...oh, and some milk crates incase I do sell the seats.

Comment

I've done that. Buy only when its somthing the car dosent need. Like a sunroof visor or a roof rack.

Comment

I also hate when people email or call you and want to view the car and today, I had 3 people email me asking about the car and when they could come see it and I'm like well, any time today...

Keep in mind, I posted the car for sale in Calgary, which is 2 hours away, so we typically meet half way in one of the smaller towns on the highway.

All 3 were interested and then all 3 said "oh, I don't have tome today, how about during the week?"

I frickin work during the week...I drive all day, then have to drive another 2 hours round trip to go meet you, look at my car and drive back home again?

Comment

I decided I wanted some racing seats one day. I decided on Corbeau A4s, because they were relatively inexpensive, and got good reviews. I searched on here, and lo and behold, there was someone selling a car equipped with them! About an hour and a half from me!

Did I offer to buy just the seats? No.

I called up my friend Juan, who was driving his mom's CB7 at the time, and wanted his own. The car was in pretty good shape, and came with some cool stuff... so the price was fairly high (reasonable, for sure... but it wasn't a cheap beater car...) So, Juan bought the car. I helped out by giving some cash, and got... well... headlights and wheels. I had nothing to replace the seats, so they ended up staying.

The point of the story is, I wanted a part, so I arranged for the purchase of the car.

Neither Juan nor I own those seats now...

Comment

why dont you just sell the recaros for 500 or 400 and stock seats? that way you can sell the jetta for 1g?

or convert it back to stock.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

lol, that sounds like something crazy I would do.

I just had some guy call me, who lives like 5 minutes away, asks me a bunch of stuff about the car and then asks how to get to my house and then goes "Oh, is it an automatic?" and I'm like "no, it's a 5 speed" and he goes "oooohhhh...I can't drive manual. k bye"

And I was like

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                            why dont you just sell the recaros for 500 or 400 and stock seats? that way you can sell the jetta for 1g?

or convert it back to stock.
                            Because I have no seats to replace it with?

Comment

400 and non-recaro seats would work. As long as they matched the interior.

Comment

Working...
                              X