Big brake kit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big brake kit question

I've got the chance to buy this but I can't tell if its 4x100 or 4x114.3 for our cars.

Does it look like it'll fit? does anyone know?

Here's the pic:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uOHl4qhvO2...0/DSC01225.JPG

The blue front rotors say AEM part number 32-5001 and the rears are 32-5015

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

took me one second

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/show....php?t=2795534

no
    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
    $30 HID kits here Thread
    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
      yeah thats the one I'm looking at, but I need to be sure it'll fit accords and not integras/civics b/c they've got diff. lug patterns right?

I noticed the part number was the same though for both cars? 28-400 for civic/teg and accord? do they all bolt up the same way?

member's ride thread
      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

nope those are strictly for the civ/teg chassis and are 4x100 pattern. they wont fit.

AEM never made a big break kit including calipers for our cars, the only kits they made for our cars are just a large rotor with a caliper relocation bracket.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
          nope those are strictly for the civ/teg chassis and are 4x100 pattern. they wont fit.

AEM never made a big break kit including calipers for our cars, the only kits they made for our cars are just a large rotor with a caliper relocation bracket.
          yeah i was kinda hoping it may fit though, He has an AEM instruction booklet that says "4 piston brake kit" and underneath it says 90-97 accord. Are you sure they never made one in the past and discontinued it?

I'll try calling them tomorrow to find out more about it.

But yeah, a red flag was thrown when he had both civic/teg along w/ accord as a brake kit, so I had to ask you guys to be sure

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

crap i think you guys are right, it won't fit. I found another listing w/ those part numbers and they're for civics/tegs/del sols w/ 4x100 bolt patterns.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/pts/1796176551.html

But I still can't explain the 4 piston calipers, do they still fit our cars? or what? b/c he clearly has that instruction manual for it so idk what to think

member's ride thread
            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

if you want a big brake kit look here

they are willwood based kits and IMO better than the AEM stuff. cheaper than the kit your looking at as well.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
              member ride thread
              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

you can aways redrill them. its not like your trying to make'em 5 lug.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                  if you want a big brake kit look here

they are willwood based kits and IMO better than the AEM stuff. cheaper than the kit your looking at as well.
                  yeah but i was going to get ALL that, 4 piston calipers, rear calipers, Front 13" rotors, rear oversized rotors, pads at all 4 corners and SS lines for all 4 calipers for much less than what was advertised on his listing.

So I figured it'd be worth it if I could make it work somehow. But I sent an Email to the Powerslot guys since I coulda sworn they bought out the AEM big rotor upgrade kits and he sent me one back saying he relayed that info to the VP of AEM....still no reply from him lol.
                  Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                  you can aways redrill them. its not like your trying to make'em 5 lug.
                  Yeah it still kinda looks like the offset might not work either, and then I'd need new caliper relocation brackets and gahhh, I don't have any welding skills lol

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                  X