how safe are our cars, the CB7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how safe are our cars, the CB7?

i went to the local junkyard this past weekend, and i noticed the number of hondas wrecked outnumbered al other cars 3:1

that made get weary especially after lookin at some of the twisted wreckages that used to be accords (lotta ricers in there BTW).

makes me ask this: how safe are our cars? why are there so many wrecked (more than any toher car in the yard by far!)

alot of ppl have them, and also alot of inexperienced kids get em cause they're relatively cheap to buy

Comment

not around here, thrs no hondas, all fords in the junkyards.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Very safe. 5 of 5 stars probably, or at least 4. CB7's are one of the most popular accords ever produced, so I would expect to find some in a junkyard. It's all about the ratio, 3 CB7's for every other car on the road = 3 CB7's for every other car in the junkyard. They were probably all owned by 16 year olds with new licenses and no brains. The car was bought by their parents 12-14 years ago when the kid was still shitting his diapers and the accords been in the family the whole time so he gets it as soon as he gets his license. Tries to show off and be cool and runs into a tree. What more can I say?

Let me tell you a little story. When I went to high school my friend who owned a CB7 would give me a ride each morning. It had been raining lightly that morning. An SUV 10 minutes ahead of us swerved to miss a car that made an illegal turn. Because the road was wet, he slid and flipped his SUV. This created traffic because a three lane highway instantly became a one lane. All the cars had to merge into the right lane, which merged with an offramp. We come up on the accident, not knowing there was one. We were in the left lane. My friend assumed it was just a slight hold up and didn't slow down enough. In the last 20 feet or so I realize he's going too fast. His accord was 90-91 because he didn't have ABS. He locked up his tires, turned the wheel to full stop right, and we slid into the car in front of us. Just a little 10 mph tap. As we sat stupified (first accident for both of us) we got SLAMMED from the back by a little ford coupe. Luckily the headrests absorbed our whiplash . We checked the damage. The car in front got a hairline crack in the bumper. The hood of the accord was bent up a bit, maybe 1 mm. The back bumper had almost no damage at all, barely scratched! And the ford behind us was TOTALLED. I mean it looked like a car where all the passengers are dead, and I was afraid cuz I thought they were. No, they were ok but the front of the ford was in a horseshoe shape, and the engine was about 1 inch from coming through the firewall. The accord only needed minor cosmetic repairs. Since then I've been fixated on the CB7 partly because of how well it fared in the accident. The safety of the CB7 has never worried me one bit. It is safe, and I know it first hand.
        *sorry about the long-ass post *

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
          Very safe. 5 of 5 stars probably, or at least 4. CB7's are one of the most popular accords ever produced, so I would expect to find some in a junkyard. It's all about the ratio, 3 CB7's for every other car on the road = 3 CB7's for every other car in the junkyard. They were probably all owned by 16 year olds with new licenses and no brains. The car was bought by their parents 12-14 years ago when the kid was still shitting his diapers and the accords been in the family the whole time so he gets it as soon as he gets his license. Tries to show off and be cool and runs into a tree. What more can I say?

Let me tell you a little story. When I went to high school my friend who owned a CB7 would give me a ride each morning. It had been raining lightly that morning. An SUV 10 minutes ahead of us swerved to miss a car that made an illegal turn. Because the road was wet, he slid and flipped his SUV. This created traffic because a three lane highway instantly became a one lane. All the cars had to merge into the right lane, which merged with an offramp. We come up on the accident, not knowing there was one. We were in the left lane. My friend assumed it was just a slight hold up and didn't slow down enough. In the last 20 feet or so I realize he's going too fast. His accord was 90-91 because he didn't have ABS. He locked up his tires, turned the wheel to full stop right, and we slid into the car in front of us. Just a little 10 mph tap. As we sat stupified (first accident for both of us) we got SLAMMED from the back by a little ford coupe. Luckily the headrests absorbed our whiplash . We checked the damage. The car in front got a hairline crack in the bumper. The hood of the accord was bent up a bit, maybe 1 mm. The back bumper had almost no damage at all, barely scratched! And the ford behind us was TOTALLED. I mean it looked like a car where all the passengers are dead, and I was afraid cuz I thought they were. No, they were ok but the front of the ford was in a horseshoe shape, and the engine was about 1 inch from coming through the firewall. The accord only needed minor cosmetic repairs. Since then I've been fixated on the CB7 partly because of how well it fared in the accident. The safety of the CB7 has never worried me one bit. It is safe, and I know it first hand.
          *sorry about the long-ass post *
          werd, when i took out that porsche,he got ike 20k in damages and i got like 300 dollars worth, Muahahaha
          I <3 G60.

Comment

alls i have to say is i almost ate a telophone pole tonight, but id idnt....lol good call
            Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

NHTSA Crash Test Results 1990-1993 Accord 4-door sedan
              Crash Test Driver = 4
              Crash Test Passenger = 4

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) tests a vehicle's crashworthiness in front- and side-impact collisions and rates its resistance to rollovers. Their test results suggest the chance of serious injury, while rollover resistance ratings are based on how top heavy the vehicle is and indicate the chance for rollover when the vehicle leaves the roadway.

Front crash test numbers indicate:
              5 = 10% or less;
              4 = 10-20%;
              3 = 20-35%;
              2 = 35-45%;
              1 = More than 45%.

Side impact numbers indicate:
              5 = 5% or less;
              4 = 6-10%;
              3 = 11-20%;
              2 = 21-25%;
              1 = More than 26%

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                werd, when i took out that porsche,he got ike 20k in damages and i got like 300 dollars worth, Muahahaha
                LOL (stupid 10 character limit)

Comment

Well for its time...the Accord has been of the most sophisticated cars to evolve overtime.

Only car in its class to recieve ULEV (Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle) in California.

It does however hold some pretty competition from Toyota. Out of all the imports (Subaru,Mazda,Toyota and of course Honda) Toyota and Honda are the top 2 contenders for the midsize market. But as off late, Toyotas been grabbing the spot light and I found something out too...5 spd Camrys are so friggin rare in these parts.

I'd love to get another CB7 but I'm thinking CD5 as a next ride...to me the CB7 was the ultimate car in my eyes but it sucks because at 6'2 I'm too tall for the car and if I had to carry passengers I'd have to push the seat up a bit just to make room.

Its a struggle enough driving my girlfriends 98 Civic EX Sedan..fucking thing feels like a clowncar.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                    Well for its time...the Accord has been of the most sophisticated cars to evolve overtime.

Only car in its class to recieve ULEV (Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle) in California.

It does however hold some pretty competition from Toyota. Out of all the imports (Subaru,Mazda,Toyota and of course Honda) Toyota and Honda are the top 2 contenders for the midsize market. But as off late, Toyotas been grabbing the spot light and I found something out too...5 spd Camrys are so friggin rare in these parts.

I'd love to get another CB7 but I'm thinking CD5 as a next ride...to me the CB7 was the ultimate car in my eyes but it sucks because at 6'2 I'm too tall for the car and if I had to carry passengers I'd have to push the seat up a bit just to make room.

Its a struggle enough driving my girlfriends 98 Civic EX Sedan..fucking thing feels like a clowncar.
                    6'4" here. That's why I don't tote more than one person around much in my cb7.

These cars are safe and they're TANKS. As proven by the stories already on here, they'll take a beating and keep on going.

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
                    2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Comment

Mine did but it..but the hardest part was leaving it at the junkyard 272k miles man and it still ran great. I talked to Deev..and man I would've love to have seen him and CPmike fix it right up.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

While in TN a few years back ... returning from shootin a wedding, a car was traveling on the other side
                        of this 4 lane hwy ...he went to avoid an oncoming car, and went *head-on* into a cb7 ..
                        They're both goin upwards of 50mph .. the guy was drunk obviously, and the lady drivin the cb7
                        just didnt see the guy in time to avoid it .. SLAM !! I mean almost dead stop .. the lady survived fine,
                        little scratch on her left knee.. but the drunk .. was out cold .. blood everywhere .. no belt
                        the steering wheel broke in his Caviler (chevy) and went thru his arm.. and the car was toooasst ..

The CB7 ?? Everything folded from the front to the windshield, from the back of the dash ..
                        to the driver.. was almost like the car was not evn hit ..absolutely blew me away to see that happen!!
                        She walked away .. poor CB7 was totaled, but you could recognize the car. The Chevy?
                        Didnt know what it was *after* the accident.. awesome car the CB7 ..

The auto belts never bother me like they do some folks .. and I dont have air bags,
                        The one in TN did tho ..

Edit: JackFrost !! Great find *Newcomer* !!! thats how!!

A Hui Hou !!!
                        Tomi
                        Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 01-24-2005, 07:58 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

two of my closest pals have auto belt (cb7 and DA)...i've heard numerous injury/near death stories..i even experienced getting hit by an autobelt in the head!

ive been in a cb7 where it spunout and hit a divider/curb goin over a buck n change...all it needed was a new control arm! i was amazed, but a lil shoock from being a passenger in that!

Comment

speaking of autoseat belts, i think the one in my dad's camry like almost choked me some way or another, lol
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

I wrecked my CB7, headon into a ford exploder. I was going about 90-100, he was going 50-60. Flipped the exploder, totalled it. Shot my car up 20-30 feet, up over trees. I walked out of the hospital later that day, with a broken clavicle, severe buises, and lacerations across my legs. That's with no airbags and the so-called "death belts". Pretty damn good if you ask me.

On a side note, a friend of mine killed himself last weekend in his Altima. He was thrown through the passenger window and crushed everything from his neck down, including his lungs and stomach organs. Wear your seatbelt guys, it'll save your loved ones from having to go to a funeral with over 1000 crying kids.
                              -Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X