20g turbo feels like...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King James View Post
    you runnin that on the accord?.....when the fuck is it gonna spool?.....redline? haha.....hx35 spools on a 1jz around 3000ish....i dunno what a 50-55 spools at but i know it wouldnt be a low number.

but to make my posts semi ontopic.....vig....get a holset....you can get them cheap....and they just LOVE higher psi.....think of what diesels run at.

also I just was told by my bro in law that hell give me his he351 off his 07 cummins when he upgrades later in the summer.

free holset FTW
    yup in my 2.6l f series motor. it will spool full boost at 4k. i know my one buddy is putting it on his srt-4 with a 2.9 stroker. we'll see how good its going to be
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

my t66 @ 30psi is pretty damn awesome.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
      member ride thread
      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Rex, iron block FTW.

King, I know a lot of people running the HX35 and they love it. It is kind of pointless to run it without cams and SMIM for me though. Which I am not really going to do for quite some time. Hitting over 400awhp in my other DSM was beginning to be a little too much for the street.

There is a limit where you start to sacrifice daily drivability with power. Sure, there are guys with 600hp daily's but that's just not for me at the moment. If I can ever make this a pure track car, you can bet your ass I will be getting a bigger turbo....but it'll probably be a GT35R.

Glory, full boost around 3800. It is noticably slower than the 3200 I was getting with the 16g. It's a nice surprise though once it hits though
        VIP Status.

Comment

Dubs <3

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

damn...i thought my 16g pulled!!
            WHITEONWHITE

Comment

Originally posted by ONEKLEAN91 View Post
              damn...i thought my 16g pulled!!
              16g's are very good turbos for the price. Most people do not go the 20g route due to them being priced comparitively to other large turbos, such as the FP Green, etc.

I maxed out my E316G on my other DSM, and it packs some punch....but comparing the 20g to the 16g, I feel like my balls dropped and my voice deepend. The 16g makes such childish power compared to this adult toy 20g.
              VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
                There is a limit where you start to sacrifice daily drivability with power. Sure, there are guys with 600hp daily's but that's just not for me at the moment. If I can ever make this a pure track car, you can bet your ass I will be getting a bigger turbo....but it'll probably be a GT35R.
                i used to say the same thing before i switched to a large frame turbo and now i will NEVER go back! if your car is properly built with a properly matched turbo the spool is very comparable to smaller turbos. Hell i can build 26psi or so @ 4100rpm

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                member ride thread
                11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                  yup in my 2.6l f series motor. it will spool full boost at 4k. i know my one buddy is putting it on his srt-4 with a 2.9 stroker. we'll see how good its going to be
                  im sorry but i need to see proof of this 2.9 stroker from a srt...becuz there isnt enough bore to pass 2.6l in a srt block...he just askin for a blown motor with thin ass cylinder walls, even tho its a closed deck cast iron block...
                  OLD

Comment

I wonder how my next upgraded turbo will feel like. This shits too addictive boost is too much. Advanced timing increased boosted pressure meth injection lot of fun. Boost is a helluva drug.

Comment

The most I have seen with the 4g63 is 2.4 stroker. And that's considered to be a beast....how the hell would you get a 2.9 stroker from that tiny motor
                      VIP Status.

Comment

Working...
                      X