20g turbo feels like...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20g turbo feels like...

...I just got rear-ended by a Mack truck.

I acquired a MHI 20g from a friend along with an SBR manifold and custom O2 housing. All I can say is that it is nuts. This is only at 20psi, and once the boost really hits, it really feels like you're rear ended by a Mack truck. I thought that 28psi on a 16g hit pretty good (my last DSM) but at only 20psi on this 20g, I am about to get whiplash.

I took a buddy of mine for a ride (he has a 1.8T Jetta) and he was knocking my shit...he's always talking about how good his Jetta is. Spool up is noticable slower on this compared to the 16g that was previously in the car and he kept ragging, saying the shit spooled slower than a turtle could walk. Then BOOM, threw his ass back in the seat while he sang like a little bitch begging for me to let off the gas. Looked like he had seen a ghost after I let off.

I did catch a whiff of a shit smell that came from his direction, and his pants were a bit wet in the front but hey....what can you say, he's a Dub owner.
    VIP Status.

Lol, I wonder what he is going to brag about now

Comment

Vidz or I don't believe you.
      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Bigger turbo's tend to do that.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have vids of him whining like a little asstard, but I will get some pull videos soon.

And yes, bigger turbos will do that BUT the 20g isn't THAT much bigger than a 16g. It is a TD05-20g so the turbine wheel is the same as the 16g...and 14b...and 18g. The compressor wheel is larger and the compressor housing is larger. The turbine housing is still a 7cm housing, but I am running external gate on this one. So a mere 10lb/min increase really packs some serious punch.
          VIP Status.

Comment

just dont blow your engine

not that i know much about boosted cars but you never know

Rip It Up
            Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

LOL VDub owners

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
              1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
              1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
              2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Stock internals are overbuilt. This motor has a rebuilt block and head, doesn't mean it can't blow but the possibilities are a bit slim for 20psi. I ran 28psi all day long on my other one that didn't have the head or block touched. Had 170k miles on them both and the head gasket was still original. Imagine that
                VIP Status.

Comment

20g at 20psi.... lol
                  i am running the same turbo at 10psi and i think it is very fast.... but my car also weighs under 2000lbs now... 20psi lol i want to turn up the boost so bad but afraid of the consequences on a stock f22 block lol you are lucky you have a bullet proof motor

Comment

Holset hx35 is where its at

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by King James View Post
                      Holset hx55 is where its at
                      fixed.
                      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

True.....reason I say 35 is cuz I found one in a junk yard....so its where its at....right now haha

Comment

Damn that is intense

I would hate to have to wait for spool up though. When does it start to sing, like 4K?

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by King James View Post
                            True.....reason I say 35 is cuz I found one in a junk yard....so its where its at....right now haha
                            yea im going 50 or 55. my buddy found me the turbo and is getting it for me today. cant wait!
                            miss my turbo cb7
                            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

you runnin that on the accord?.....when the fuck is it gonna spool?.....redline? haha.....hx35 spools on a 1jz around 3000ish....i dunno what a 50-55 spools at but i know it wouldnt be a low number.

but to make my posts semi ontopic.....vig....get a holset....you can get them cheap....and they just LOVE higher psi.....think of what diesels run at.

also I just was told by my bro in law that hell give me his he351 off his 07 cummins when he upgrades later in the summer.

free holset FTW

Comment

Working...
                              X