Anybody have Straight Talk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have Straight Talk?

Verizon keeps ass raping me every month so I have decided to spend my money elsewhere. I was trollin wal mart and I found this new banner in the electronics department that had straight talk on it. I checked it out and spoke with a person working that dept and she told me they run off verizon towers. So im like hellz yea 45 bones a month unlimited everything on Verizon towers is ballin. So as of right now I am thinking about buying one of the phones and trying it out for a month and if I like it I am going to cancel verizon and tell them to suck the money out of somebody elses wallet. No contracts or anything and it will end up saving me 40 bones a month. Does anybody have one of these phones? Can you use the tracfone phones with straight talk since its a company of tracfone? They are like 10 bones at wal mart and I can buy a brand new one every month for less than that I am paying Verizon. Need input today!

Unlimited everything? As in data as well?
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

It says mobile web access is unlimited but im not sure about data.

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
        It says mobile web access is unlimited but im not sure about data.
        that would be data son! I'll get my girl to check it out, she pays 75 a month to verizon.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

My brother has it. He has service everywhere it seems. And yeah, 45 for unlimited talk, text, and web. If I could convert my iPhone, I'd do it

Comment

Yea I think my waterproof verizon phone decided tonight it didnt wanna be waterproof anymore. Im going to dry it out overnight and if it doesnt wanna work in the morning im cancelling the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
              My brother has it. He has service everywhere it seems. And yeah, 45 for unlimited talk, text, and web. If I could convert my iPhone, I'd do it
              yes. a couple buddy's have it. they have service where i don't with verizon, as well. when this contract's up in october, you bet your ass i'm switching!

life is good.

Comment

Im glad that it isnt like boost. I had a boost company phone once and I never got a signal anywhere and neither did my co workers.

Comment

what a deal. i just think it's fawking awesome. eventually PAYG phones will be the norm, they're already the rage. no contract bullshit to deal with, if you break it with no insurance, it's okay because the floor retail on the phone isn't fucking 400 bucks lol. then you can go buy a new one for $100, and activate it. And $45 a month for unlimited everything well you just can't beat that at all really

life is good.

Comment

You cant beat it at all. But I was wondering if the base model tracfones works because they are 10 bones vs the $40 straight talk phones.

Comment

Straight Talk runs off Verizon towers so you'll still be giving your money to the V anyways bro.

Also, straight talk phones are garbage. Always broken, breaking, cracking or just not working. I sold lots of them at Walmart when I worked in electronics and usually people bitched about them.

I say stay away bro... But equally I have no other solution for you so.. sorry...
                      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                      Disregard females, acquire currency
                      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

My moms has it. She loves it. 45/month unlimited, Can't beat that!

Also, all the big carriers have a unlimited MVNO.

AT&T: Net10 Unlimited $50
                        Sprint: Boost CDMA $50
                        Nextel: Boost IDen $50 (this sucks)
                        Last edited by djkurious; 06-14-2010, 10:35 PM.
                        MRT: http://www.cd5tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5748

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
                          Straight Talk runs off Verizon towers so you'll still be giving your money to the V anyways bro.

Also, straight talk phones are garbage. Always broken, breaking, cracking or just not working. I sold lots of them at Walmart when I worked in electronics and usually people bitched about them.

I say stay away bro... But equally I have no other solution for you so.. sorry...
                          I just dont wanna be giving my 80 something a month to them. And hell if the phone breaks, ill just go buy a new one. THEY ALL break except the Casio phones. Well I take that back I broke mine last night but it had all the right in the world to break.

Comment

I finally broke down and bout the LG slider offered by ST. So far so good. I get signal everywhere and the phone is ok.

Comment

Unlimited Data my ass...

http://www.publicknowledge.org/node/2705
                              Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                              D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                              ┴─┴
                              ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Working...
                              X