I want to go skydiving...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to go skydiving...

I really want to do it. In fact, on a convenient day that I'm off and I have nothing better to do, I will go.

At Skydive Space Center near Orlando, a tandem skydive (with an instructor) will cost me about $300 from 18,000 feet with video. It also includes an hour of training.

I would like to bring some friends, but I want to enjoy the the experience to the fullest and rather not think or worry about friends. Maybe just bring some family members who can catch a ride along on the plane.

I'm defiantly confident in doing this... Pretty much looking forward to it already.

About 30-35 deaths happens within two million jumps every year, but I read that it's mostly experts who were pushing their limits that parish. A full equipment failure is very very rare, even from the death list. Most are human error.

Just thinking aloud. What would be your thoughts ? Would you ever do it ?
    Last edited by ibr_adam09; 05-29-2010, 04:09 PM.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
    -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

not for mwah. i'd literally shit and die.

it'd be so awesome though, at the same time. go for it man, and then post the vid!

life is good.

Comment

I don't want to.

My fiance and sister both want too.

I feel like i could not sit by while two of the closest people to me are jumping out of a plane.

But then i come back down to earth and say, good luck LOL!

Idk.

I probably will never do it.

Ive read stories about people who died from freak accidents that they had no control over, like wind changes that shift your parachute.

Idk man, there is risk involved in everything but with this the risk is like ten fold.

Comment

I did it at Zypherhills in Fla on my 21st b-day..it was pretty fuckin freaky, but awesome

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

I want to, too.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

i want to at some point in my life.. i was very close a few months ago when some of my relatives came into town.. everyone was drinking and someone brought up skydiving.. about 6 of us were down to go the next day.. needless to say, when everyone woke up the next morning, they changed their minds..

Comment

it's in my "things to do before i die list"

Comment

I jumped a few weeks ago, and loved it so much that I'm going again on june 18th (anybody live near gardiner ny and wana join?) And I plan to get certified next summer if all goes well so I could jump alone and really have fun.

Its so out of this world that everything about it feels out of context and so incredible that the best desciption is that it feels like a minute of literally FLYING through the sky. Once you pull the chute, you are suspended up there as if you're standing on air, while you get to look around (you can steer easily) and check out everything from above, I saw my college, the bridge, all the farms around... it was fantastic.

I could post some pics and my video if anybody would like to see... its a great experience and id recommend it to anybody.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

YES ! I would like to see some pics please.

Does the air resistance blue your eye while free falling, as if you're in water or could you see just fine ? I notice skydivers where goggles, just wondering if it's for that reason.

Comment

Definetly somthing i want to do.

Comment

Never understood why people pay to put there lives at risk. I kinda afraid of height and definately afraid to jump out of a airbourne plane on purpose.

Same reason why i dont like rollercoasters....
                      1993 Accord LX - Sold
                      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
                        YES ! I would like to see some pics please.

Does the air resistance blue your eye while free falling, as if you're in water or could you see just fine ? I notice skydivers where goggles, just wondering if it's for that reason.
                        LOL .. YES .. there is a reason for them there "goggles" .. :P
                        If it wasn't for them, your eye-balls would pop out at over 100 mph ..

Done it 3 times myself .. I went thru the 101rst Airborne in AIT (VA) ..
                        Two statics, and one free-fall .. do it mang .. you'll be hooked .. like Mikey!

Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

cheaper if you jump without a chute right?
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                            cheaper if you jump without a chute right?
                            LOL .. only if you're not paying for the funeral costs ..

Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Its been done... LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X