Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police officer killed in west Phoenix

Police officer killed in west Phoenix
    by Jim Cross/KTAR (May 26th, 2010 @ 4:56pm)

PHOENIX - A Phoenix police officer shot and killed early Wednesday while investigating a suspicious vehicle was a 29-year-old married father of two young children, authorities said.

Officer Travis Murphy's wife had given birth just two weeks ago to the couple's second child, police spokesman Sgt. Trent Crump said.

For more, go here:
    http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=1298323
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

damn, thats sad to here. this shows how stupid people can be now days

You can not hurt me, I have my helmet on

Comment

Man, what a shame. Simple calls like that can often be the most dangerous. That guy was younger than me

Comment

This is why I support the Death penality. anyone stupid enough to kill a cop, deserves it. Blue Skies Officer Murphy.

Comment

There was a police officer and a social worker around here that were attacked by a guy with a machete, the officer and social worker went to check on the welfare of a little kid, out of nowhere the guy comes out chopping at them with the machete. If I remember correctly, the social worker was killed, the officer was severely wounded before he was able to shoot and kill the dad. All happened in front of the little kid.

People these days are crazy, fuckin psycho's.

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
            There was a police officer and a social worker around here that were attacked by a guy with a machete, the officer and social worker went to check on the welfare of a little kid, out of nowhere the guy comes out chopping at them with the machete. If I remember correctly, the social worker was killed, the officer was severely wounded before he was able to shoot and kill the dad. All happened in front of the little kid.

People these days are crazy, fuckin psycho's.
            Wow...

I spend every day at work going into unknown situations like that. I realize I could be attacked at any time. Of course, I'm armed, I know how to defend myself, and I'm aware of a potential attack. I'm always aware of my surroundings, and any things I can use to aid my escape (or if necessary, things I can use as weapons... escape is the primary goal, though.)

Not that I'm suggesting that these unfortunate people were less prepared... no matter how ready you are, you can never truly anticipate an unexpected attack... if that makes sense.

Comment

The one good thing about this is they have charged him with First Degree Murder. which is good cause that means automatic death penalty.

Comment

Life in prison would be cheaper for the taxpayers.

I believe in life in prison. The severity of your crime should be directly proportional to the size of your cellmate's dick.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Life in prison would be cheaper for the taxpayers.

I believe in life in prison. The severity of your crime should be directly proportional to the size of your cellmate's dick.
                  AHHHhhhhh

I used to be on a debate team in high school and a friend of mine actually brought up the benefits of capitol punishment in reference to the tax payers money and how 15 dollars at a local Home Depot would "get er' done" *no joke*

The future of that particular individual doesn't matter. If he stays in jail forever or if he's put to death, the officers wife will never see her husband again, and their children will never know their father. Nothing can lessen that pain.
                  Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Wow...

I spend every day at work going into unknown situations like that. I realize I could be attacked at any time. Of course, I'm armed, I know how to defend myself, and I'm aware of a potential attack. I'm always aware of my surroundings, and any things I can use to aid my escape (or if necessary, things I can use as weapons... escape is the primary goal, though.)

Not that I'm suggesting that these unfortunate people were less prepared... no matter how ready you are, you can never truly anticipate an unexpected attack... if that makes sense.
                    What's your job if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

RIP Officer, I can't help but feel you had so much more to give.

And people get all pissy when the police make a questionable call about shooting a dog, or how to subdue a man who resists, etc. etc.

THIS shit happens when they don't.
                      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                      Disregard females, acquire currency
                      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by Accord214 View Post
                        What's your job if you don't mind me asking?
                        Male stripper. He's on restriction though. He was supposed to pop out of a cake but ended up eating half the cake and costing the company $175 for another cake and stripper. way to go, deev, way to go.
                        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                        Disregard females, acquire currency
                        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

I spend every day at work going into unknown situations like that.
                          I thought about you the other day (ugh).

A guy from the Census shit came by because the person who lived here prior to me didn't fill out the census. I was thinking that some people around here... well, "redneck-ville" about 10 miles away... probably didn't fill it out. And they definitely don't want to be bothered. I was thinking... man, this guy better be getting paid well, because I'm sure he goes into dangerous situations.

Then I remembered how you go around, unannounced, telling people they are losing their homes. I'm glad to hear you're at least armed... cause there's no way in hell I'd knock on some people's doors around here, and it's not nearly as dangerous around here as it is in parts of NJ.

1999 BMW M3
                          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

do we need to announce every officer death?
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              do we need to announce every officer death?
                              A couple weeks ago two cops were shot and killed during a routine traffic stop. The driver drove to a WalMart parking lot, where he was shot and killed by other cops. It happened about 20 miles from here.

Want me to make a thread about it?

1999 BMW M3
                              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                              X