Talk me out of this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk me out of this

Absolutely love my car, but hate the auto tranny. That and it needs a complete repaint. I have a 5 speed parts car, but had it since January and its 4 months later and I haven't even started pulling the tranny out. Just don't have time for it.

So, found a possibly worthy trade. I've always been a bit of a closet VW uber dork and never owned a VW yet, but this car seems like it may be a possible replacement for my CB

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ207159239

So please, TALK ME OUT OF IT. I'm planning to meet up with the guy tomorrow. It'll be a straight trade if we do it. I may however get to keep my 18s, cuz they will fit on it.
    Last edited by crazymikey; 05-25-2010, 10:55 PM.

Get out of it. I'm awesome.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
    -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Do I keep dumping money into my bottomless pit of never ending mods, or just cut my loses and trade something of equal value & mods?

I still need to do my timing belt,water pump, front and rear main seals,oil pan gasket, 5 speed swap, meaning I need to buy a new clutch,pressure plate etc, bodywork and paint. That's alotta money.

Comment

I'd have traded already. That thing is SICK.
        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
        Disregard females, acquire currency
        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Guarantee youll be dumping money into the VW too...all cars are money pits...

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
          be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

/\ True... But I'm sorry, OP i LOVE your accord man, but that VW is nicer in my eyes... But then again, I haven't seen under the hood...
            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
            Disregard females, acquire currency
            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Me either. It has the 1.8 in it, which he claims has been rebuilt. I'm planning to meet up with him and view the car tomorrow. I've driven a couple of these Jettas before and I quite like them.

It's REALLY, REALLY hard to give up my Accord, but lately the automatic has been driving me insane. I despise automatics, especially now that my ankle has healed from 4 months ago and I can drive a stick again.

Comment

Originally posted by busak87 View Post
                Guarantee youll be dumping money into the VW too...all cars are money pits...
                Espcially VWs lol. I know a guy here that works at Auto Value and he's a total VW nut. He lives a couple blocks from me and has tons of parts.

Comment

Like they say, don't 'buy' another mans project. Also, I'm no expert with VW's, but I hear that the early models are notorious for engine and dash fires.

If your spending money regardless, keep the CB since you know what already went into your car.

That car is sick, but I'd prefer a well modded Accord over it.

Comment

rebuilt engine is throwing flags for me. Depends who did it. I always liked Jettas so I'd say go for it if it's worth it to you.
                    My Car
                    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

wow.....in a heart beat, that VW is high value right there...i would go fo it.

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

If he's selling it outright he's asking $3000 for it. If I can keep my wheels, I think it may very well be a fun change.

I havent been getting many bites on my car, and what I have been getting are lowballs. Having a Rebuilt title is also hurting my resale.

Comment

Rebuilt title ?! Nvm, trade it up.

What's his reason for trading ?

Comment

Dude....don't do it. Seriously. In a week or two you will be posting about all the problems you're having with the car. I'm warning you!

Seriously.
                            VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                              So please, TALK ME OUT OF IT.
                              He has bad grammar.

I'm not a fan of that body style, but it's still pretty nice.

1999 BMW M3
                              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                              X