Importance of Service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importance of Service?

Lets say there are two restaurants, one has mediocre food but good service while the other restaurant has above average food but okay service. Which would you order from?

Good service will always be the better restaurant. it's how you get people to come back.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Of course I'm going to go back somewhere with fantastic service.

When I'm treated like a nobody or a number, there's no emotion or care in the service and it's not a memorable experience.

For instance, I go to the Tim Hortons by my work EVERY day. I'm on a first name basis with some of the workers there. I walk in every day, they pretty much know what I'm going to get. Sometimes even give me free stuff. And on top of that they're chatty and cheerful. Makes a nice start to my day to be greeted and sociable with pleasant people like that.

It's little things like that which make you appreciate the service and that some people actually care.

Comment

Honestly, if they have good food I would go back even if they had shitty service because the next time you go you might get a better service and hopefully the food will still be as good.

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

I don't go out and eat just for the fact that someone is serving me, it's all about the food.
          Originally posted by chessboxer
          We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
          Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

As long as they arent complete asswipes im going to the place with the better food.
            FA1

Comment

id find a new place that has both.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Good food can make up for bad service to a point... but only so much.

Of course, I was a waiter for a very long time, so I'm both very critical and very understanding. For me to consider service "bad", the server has to be very obviously incapable of doing their job.

Comment

I would prefer good food. And if the service sucked, they get a shitty tip.

Comment

if the service sucks, chances are you're at a place with mediocre food anyways.

Comment

That's very true. I used to work at Bennigan's... the service sucked, and the food sucked. I mean, it was "good" in the McDonald's sense of the word... but it wasn't good food, and the kitchen was incompetent. The service was lousy not only because the staff was poorly trained, but also because they management was nearly nonexistant, the place was ALWAYS understaffed, and the food was so incredibly cheap that a table of 2 could eat for $15... and a $3 tip (20&#37 was about all a server could expect for that table... and they rarely got it. With 6 tables at a time, $3 each on average, and only about 3 table rotations in a shift (if they're lucky), the servers were looking at a $50 night at best in many cases. Not a whole lot of motivation to do a good job!

Comment

That's very true. I used to work at Bennigan's... the service sucked, and the food sucked. I mean, it was "good" in the McDonald's sense of the word... but it wasn't good food, and the kitchen was incompetent. The service was lousy not only because the staff was poorly trained, but also because they management was nearly nonexistant, the place was ALWAYS understaffed, and the food was so incredibly cheap that a table of 2 could eat for $15... and a $3 tip (20&#37 was about all a server could expect for that table... and they rarely got it. With 6 tables at a time, $3 each on average, and only about 3 table rotations in a shift (if they're lucky), the servers were looking at a $50 night at best in many cases. Not a whole lot of motivation to do a good job!

After Bennigan's, I worked for Outback Steakhouse for a year. The entire corporate structure is superior. The servers are properly trained (I opened the store, and I had a WEEK of classes and practice, and tests...), the food is moderately priced (so a table of 2 can easily have a $40 check), the restaurant is always properly staffed, the management is supportive and knowledgeable, and the kitchen is competent. Service at an Outback Steakhouse is in general very good for these reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Good food can make up for bad service to a point... but only so much.
                          I agree, and to how much is what I want to figure out. Between a take out place and a dine in restaurant I'm guessing the service is more important for a dine in.

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang View Post
                          I would prefer good food. And if the service sucked, they get a shitty tip.
                          I agree but during these tough times, tips are getting less and less even if the service is fantastic. Employees are getting stiffed more than before, it doesn't really encourage them to give 110%. I know that for every 4 bad tippers there may be 1 good one.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                          if the service sucks, chances are you're at a place with mediocre food anyways.
                          What if this place with good food is sorta like a hole in the wall?

Comment

Well if it's a small hole in the wall restaurant, I would expect it to have better service. Because the place is smaller and maybe less busy, the staff has more time and effort to spend on you.
                            Last edited by crazymikey; 05-23-2010, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                              Well if it's a small hole in the wall restaurant, I would expect it to have better service. Because the place is smaller and maybe less busy, the staff has more time and effort to spend on you.
                              What if it is fairly busy and the employees are understaff?

Comment

Working...
                              X