blackberry vs iphone????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blackberry vs iphone????

im gonna get a new phone soon and im interested to see what everyone has to say. me and the wife have been at it for a couple of days and she is stuck on the iphone mean while i am looking really hard at the 9700 bold II.

we have at&t and yes i have had black berry before and i have had an iphone. apps arent a big thing for me because i use pandora and gps along with weather channel. other then that i need no apps. im more of a mms and sms type of guy along with emails and internet browsing.

who has which and what is the perk of that. mainly the 3gS owners and the 9700 bold owners....
    Members Ride sold...
    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

I've never used a Blackberry, and I only have a 1st gen Iphone... but my only complaint about the iphone is the fact that the keyboard is on the screen. Makes for a nice compact unit, but typing can be tedious when you write as much as I do (and yes, my texts are like my posts on here!) I love my Iphone though, and i'm already looking to upgrade to a 3G.

Comment

Think about it this way, 3Gs can Jailbreak, and you can have a fuckton more apps.
      If you really wanted a blackerry, Jailbreak the 3gs, and you can put the blackberry theme on it
      I had a blackberry storm, now I have the Iphone 3g.
      I like the iphone alot better.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
      Bought from: ChampCoupe
      Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

He's not overly concerned with apps...

Comment

i know you say youre not really concerned with apps, BUT at least with the 3gs you have the option. you never know when something youll want or need with be there. and yes the 3gs is jailbreakable, so you can install backgrounder and something like multifl0w... which is a nice multitasker, something iphone users or haters always bitched about.

if you want it for internet purposes, it has a larger screen. and for myself, i like the touch keyboard.

as far as gps is concerned. if your jb'd, you have access to any gps app you might want. tomtom, navigon, etc. not to mention, again, the screen is bigger.

but i definitely suggest getting a 3gs if anything, not a 3g. other than physical differences, the 2g/3g are the same... including the weak processor and low ram.

Comment

just an fyi, the 3gs isnt recomended to be jail broken, iphones are severly over rated by consumers, the bb is the way to go, besides there coming out with a 4th gen iphone here soon, i bb has the same type of features the iphone does, and the battery will last longer on it.

i have the nokia nuron, just like a mini iphone vfrom att, its got an app store and its a smart phone but its nokia,.

my op, get the bb, you wont regret it

Comment

Originally posted by 91hondaaccordlx View Post
              just an fyi, the 3gs isnt recomended to be jail broken, iphones are severly over rated by consumers, the bb is the way to go, besides there coming out with a 4th gen iphone here soon, i bb has the same type of features the iphone does, and the battery will last longer on it.

i have the nokia nuron, just like a mini iphone vfrom att, its got an app store and its a smart phone but its nokia,.

my op, get the bb, you wont regret it
              who recommends the 3gs not to be jailbroken? apple? there is absolutely nothing wrong with jb'ing a phone. my wife and i both had jb'd 3g's, now i have a 3gs... as well as my best friend having a jb'd 3gs since they came out... never an issue.

its going to be a personal battle with each individual. whether you want a keyboard and small screen or a full screen with touch keys. i, for one, have always been anti-apple. i hate how they do business, however smart it may be. but the iphone is a great product. i have yet to hear a real reason to not like it. you say they are overrated. how are they overrated? if a high precentage of americans love the iphone and you personally dont... does that make it "overrated"?

bottomline. its all about the keyboard. you either want keys, like the bb people. or you like the full touch screen, thats about it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                I've never used a Blackberry, and I only have a 1st gen Iphone... but my only complaint about the iphone is the fact that the keyboard is on the screen. Makes for a nice compact unit, but typing can be tedious when you write as much as I do (and yes, my texts are like my posts on here!) I love my Iphone though, and i'm already looking to upgrade to a 3G.
                well, dont blame the iphone for that... you just talk too much

on a sidenote, unless youre getting it for free, dont pay to upgrade to a 3g, 3gs is the way to go. ridiculously faster. and games run smoother. or you can wait for the 2nd or 3rd run of the 4g's, after all the kinks are worked out.

Comment

The last I looked into the 3gs, it wasn't very jailbreak friendly... so I set my sights on the 3g. Of course, that's when it was new, so I suppose it's been taken care of by now!

I'll most likely shoot for a 3gs when the 4g comes out.

The games I play, the apps I run, and all the various things I do would probably be just fine with a 3g. I really just want to upgrade for the tethering ability (you can't tether the 2g to a laptop to use it as a modem... I'm told the 3g can do that... and it'd come in REALLY handy at work!)

I'm still quite happy with my 2g, but I'd like a few of the added features of the 3g... and now you have me more interested in the 3gs...

Comment

apps arent the thing with me as mentioned. and im againist jailbreaking when i jail broke my current 3g before os3 came out i was happy till i realised how much the thing was crashing. im not saying the iphone is over rated i agree its a great product but i dont think its for me. for my wife but not me. im getting to be anti facebook and that kills the batt on the iphone like stupid crazy.

deev the 3g could teather but restrictions have been put on it now. i tried it and it was okay... nothing superfast really would only use if i had sumthing important goin on online.

im thinking im pretty set on the BB and im not knocking the iphone just not for me. its a little over loaded IMO
                    Members Ride sold...
                    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

From what I understand, the ifone is completely useless on the at&t network. So many people complain that data is not working correctly, they dont get many sms' or mms' even voice mails.

If all your concerned about is messaging. Get a reliable phone like the blackberry tour or bold. it has a tactile keyboard thats very comfortable, plenty of goodies to keep you occupied, especially if you dont care about apps too much. I LOVE mine.

The web browsing is much more fluid on the iphone. But if all you're looking for is a phone, and use the web to just really get information. The BB works awesome.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                      Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                      NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7 View Post
                        From what I understand, the ifone is completely useless on the at&t network. So many people complain that data is not working correctly, they dont get many sms' or mms' even voice mails.

If all your concerned about is messaging. Get a reliable phone like the blackberry tour or bold. it has a tactile keyboard thats very comfortable, plenty of goodies to keep you occupied, especially if you dont care about apps too much. I LOVE mine.

The web browsing is much more fluid on the iphone. But if all you're looking for is a phone, and use the web to just really get information. The BB works awesome.
                        thats not tru i run a 3gs on the 3.1.3 firmware unlocked for tmobile...everything works fine i have never had any kind of problems...my wife has the 9700 its an ok phone...we are actually goin to trade it in for an iphone 3gs....i ever have an old 2g with 3.1.3 firmware unlocked get mms and everything perfectly fine
                        Originally posted by steezyteg
                        lmfao rota 5 star dude theyre called rota slipstreams

Comment

Sidekick Twist AKA Project Emerald..Look it up! otherwise i would honestly go for the iphone if it ever came to that..can't stand the keyboard it has...

Lou's Build Thread!
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
                          "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Android phones....

I think AT&T's Android offerings aren't great... but you can easily get an unlocked G1 for about what it would cost for a new BB or Iphone. Plus u wouldn't be locked into a contract. Only drawback is ur internet speed would be limited to Edge and not 3G; but if u are generally in places where u have access to WiFi u should be good.

I have had damn near every kind of major phone and am very hard to please... I actually got a new Blackberry in January and took it back about 5 days later as I hated it. It was slow, hard to navigate through and just generally a poor performer. I bought a used G1 and can honestly say it's the best phone I've ever had. Def. check out some Android phones before u commit; damn near everything else is crazy overrated

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

htc with tom tom installed

Comment

Working...
                              X