Clear All

Wait until July/August

iPhone 4g

http://gizmodo.com/5520471/the-tale-...yline=true&s=i

DEVOTE

Comment

yea i would go with the iphone

Comment

i have a bb storm and its junk. always freezes. wait till june/july for the iphone 4g for verizon. so that you got 4g power with a good service
        miss my turbo cb7
        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang View Post
          who recommends the 3gs not to be jailbroken? apple? there is absolutely nothing wrong with jb'ing a phone. my wife and i both had jb'd 3g's, now i have a 3gs... as well as my best friend having a jb'd 3gs since they came out... never an issue.

its going to be a personal battle with each individual. whether you want a keyboard and small screen or a full screen with touch keys. i, for one, have always been anti-apple. i hate how they do business, however smart it may be. but the iphone is a great product. i have yet to hear a real reason to not like it. you say they are overrated. how are they overrated? if a high precentage of americans love the iphone and you personally dont... does that make it "overrated"?

bottomline. its all about the keyboard. you either want keys, like the bb people. or you like the full touch screen, thats about it.
          Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          The last I looked into the 3gs, it wasn't very jailbreak friendly... so I set my sights on the 3g. Of course, that's when it was new, so I suppose it's been taken care of by now!

I'll most likely shoot for a 3gs when the 4g comes out.

The games I play, the apps I run, and all the various things I do would probably be just fine with a 3g. I really just want to upgrade for the tethering ability (you can't tether the 2g to a laptop to use it as a modem... I'm told the 3g can do that... and it'd come in REALLY handy at work!)

I'm still quite happy with my 2g, but I'd like a few of the added features of the 3g... and now you have me more interested in the 3gs...
          yes deev the 3gs is not very jb friendly, i have a friend who jail breaks iphones all day long, he is a tech geek, major one, has a degree in computers and science, he doeswnt jail break 3gs's. only the 2 and 3g ones.

now yes, everyone has there opinion about phones, i personally love the new nuron from nokia, has an app store just like and iphone but costs way... way... less. now the android, thats a whole different phone, you can make custom apps, but there more complex than an iphone or blackberry.

every phone has there pro's and cons but dont let someone else choose a phone for you. you'll regret it big time. i did that once, never again will it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
            i have a bb storm and its junk. always freezes. wait till june/july for the iphone 4g for verizon. so that you got 4g power with a good service
            funny you say that, have you upgraded the software, maybe clear the cache, or power cycle it once a week? i know alot of ppl with storms and there are no problems, but everyone is different

Comment

Originally posted by 91hondaaccordlx View Post
              funny you say that, have you upgraded the software, maybe clear the cache, or power cycle it once a week? i know alot of ppl with storms and there are no problems, but everyone is different
              yup, yup, ah i pull the battery out once a day from freeze ups, yea i guess im different
              miss my turbo cb7

Comment

yup, yup, ah i pull the battery out once a day from freeze ups, yea i guess im different

probly just got a bad one, sorry to whore up the thread, my bad. just saying bb's arent all that bad once you learn to use them

Comment

Originally posted by 91hondaaccordlx View Post
                  yes deev the 3gs is not very jb friendly, i have a friend who jail breaks iphones all day long, he is a tech geek, major one, has a degree in computers and science, he doeswnt jail break 3gs's. only the 2 and 3g ones.

now yes, everyone has there opinion about phones, i personally love the new nuron from nokia, has an app store just like and iphone but costs way... way... less. now the android, thats a whole different phone, you can make custom apps, but there more complex than an iphone or blackberry.

every phone has there pro's and cons but dont let someone else choose a phone for you. you'll regret it big time. i did that once, never again will it happen.
                  what are these supposed issues with breaking a 3gs?

my best friend has had his jb'd and unlocked since he got it last year. and now i have one as well. 3.1.3, new modem firmware, new bootloader and i have yet to have a single problem.

what are some of the specific problems people have with breaking a 3gs?

i have never heard about it being "unfriendly" to breaking. although i have heard about a lot of people fucking up... probably the same people that "accidentally" update their phone through itunes and lose their unlock.

there comes a point where it stops being an accident and starts becoming user idiocy.

Comment

Originally posted by Onebaddcb7 View Post
                    thats not tru i run a 3gs on the 3.1.3 firmware unlocked for tmobile...everything works fine i have never had any kind of problems...

Originally posted by lil_dcb7 View Post
                    From what I understand, the ifone is completely useless on the at&t network.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7 View Post
                      From what I understand, the ifone is completely useless on the at&t network.

u sir, are misinformed.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                      The Chronicles.

Comment

att here kicks the snot out of every other service. unless a building is prewired for sumthingelse. my house has a tin roof and verzion is useless inside nothing else even serves out this far but att is perfect.

the iphone is kool as shit but over loaded for me. and personally i liek the format of BB emails and mms.
                        Members Ride sold...
                        I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

and eww at the new 4giphone ....definately getting a BB lol.
                          Members Ride sold...
                          I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7 View Post
                            att here kicks the snot out of every other service. unless a building is prewired for sumthingelse. my house has a tin roof and verzion is useless inside nothing else even serves out this far but att is perfect.

the iphone is kool as shit but over loaded for me. and personally i liek the format of BB emails and mms.
                            the iphone sucked in my house, one reason i got rid of mines. and in the mountains you couldnt get service for shit. thats why Verizon kicks ass
                            miss my turbo cb7

Comment

the iphone sucked in my house, one reason i got rid of mines. and in the mountains you couldnt get service for shit. thats why Verizon kicks ass
                              That's a service issue, not a phone issue. It could go back and forth all day about what's better. It all depends on where you live. Across th US quality will vary. For some verizon will be better. For myself AT&T has been awsome. I had t-mo for about two days a few years back, it was horrible. But only cause, according to their map at the time, the street my house was on, was right in the middle of a dead spot.

Honestly I think the only major variances on what the OP wanted to know about, phones NOT services... It's all about whether he wants a full touch phone or one like bb's. Bb did try a full touch once, and that was a huge flop.

It's like asking if I should buy a coupe or sedan. Everyone has their opinion, and they're all correct. But each individual is different.

Comment

OP def check out an Android phone while u shop.... I promise that will influence ur decision

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X