I hate the idea of giving up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate the idea of giving up

Damnit. I may have to say good bye to my 5th gen for good after the insurance company totals the car. I have a chance to buy it back but I'm wondering at what cost at the moment.

As some of you know I got into an accident last Friday, the other drive ran a stop sign and hit my car, told the police officer that he was at fault.

I called his insurance company yesterday and the rep tells me he told a completely different story that he had actually stopped at the stop sign. So I went out to the local PD and obtained a police report which states the he admitted fault.

Fast forward to today, a rep showed up at my place and took a look at the car, entered the information into the computer and after about 25 minutes came back and told me that the likely outcome is that the car is totaled.

I haven't gotten the full estimated value of the car itself, but I'm hoping they'll give me more than what I'm expecting since I have the paper work for almost all the parts I bought for the car including the motor and clutch.

I know I'm getting a 4th gen coupe but somehow it doesn't feel the same as my 5th gen.

I really don't want to mod the 4th gen but if I did, it's going to see the h22 and 5 lug conversion and probably stay auto..someone motivate me.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

damn dude, sorry to hear...

lol yeah, so now what!?

i guess i'd say maybe cut your losses, don't buy the car back-and use the insurance money to put into a CB with some neat parts? idk...haven't been in an accident in a LONG time

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
      damn dude, sorry to hear...

lol yeah, so now what!?

i guess i'd say maybe cut your losses, don't buy the car back-and use the insurance money to put into a CB with some neat parts? idk...haven't been in an accident in a LONG time
      Heres the problem though..I dont want to get rid of the WHOLE car...mostly because of the work I put into it.

If anything I want to flip the coupe and buy another 5th gen sedan.

My short search came up with this.

I could literally build an exact replacement..
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

Wait was this the guy that rear ended you while you were stopped and the cop was standing by? Or am I getting people confused....there have been multiple accident threads lately
        VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
          Wait was this the guy that rear ended you while you were stopped and the cop was standing by? Or am I getting people confused....there have been multiple accident threads lately
          No..he hit my right rear quarter half way through an intersection. The cop showed up and the driver who was at fault admitted that he ran the stop sign.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          Legend FSM

Comment

yeah there ya go man, replace it with the same exact thing. then that way it's like you never lost it

looks like you have some thinking to do. but most of us are completely utterless when it comes to giving you advice about your own rig and insurance issues, ultimately i think its up to you, but i guess you'll have a better idea when you get your money back

life is good.

Comment

wow that thing was ready to be hit show pics of damage, give me the coupe that I was going to by and well call it a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175 View Post
                wow that thing was ready to be hit show pics of damage, give me the coupe that I was going to by and well call it a day!
                No freebies.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                Legend FSM

Comment

lawlz. c'mmmonnnnn

life is good.

Comment

Aww Henry that sucks man! Regarding the buyback I would do it, usually its 10% of what they value the car at, so may not be much
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

once you get the 4th gen you will fall in love with it and wish you would of had one in the first place!!

sucks to hear your CD got tottaled tho
                      Blake.
                      1994 Accord Part out!
                      Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Accord View Post
                        once you get the 4th gen you will fall in love with it and wish you would of had one in the first place!!

He's had a CB before. He's one of the original members of this site. When he moved, he had to let his CB go. ATX (the original owner of this site) and I were plotting to go rescue it... of course, the site went down for a week at that time, and it didn't happen.

Henry, just remember that even if the other one looks the same, it'll still feel different. I learned that when I got my 92 DX. Same feel, but it was different... smelled different, handled different, different quirks... I still loved it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Accord View Post

Im on OG youngin' I had one but yeah CBs are definitely something you can never grow out of.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          He's had a CB before. He's one of the original members of this site. When he moved, he had to let his CB go. ATX (the original owner of this site) and I were plotting to go rescue it... of course, the site went down for a week at that time, and it didn't happen.

Henry, just remember that even if the other one looks the same, it'll still feel different. I learned that when I got my 92 DX. Same feel, but it was different... smelled different, handled different, different quirks... I still loved it, though.

Thanks Mike...well as you know I picked up the coupe. Originally it was just going to be my commuter car but now that the accident happened its going to be my daily.

I just bought the parts today to get her fixed up.

Yeah I definitely don't want to think of that that ONE week

But damn my dream of owning BOTH a 4th gen and a 5th gen went down the tubes.

Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          Legend FSM

Comment

Everytime I wreck my shit I usually use my insurance money to fix my shit because I love my wagon so much that I just cant let her die yet. If I am remembering correctly your damage wasnt that bad and is very fixable. Im sure after you have a decent shop fix that you should have some money left over to do other stuff and maybe buy you another CB. Just remember to NOT let that insurance company shit on you and you have to negotiate with them until you get what you deserve. Just stay strong man and dont stress over the lil shit ahah

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
                              Everytime I wreck my shit I usually use my insurance money to fix my shit because I love my wagon so much that I just cant let her die yet. If I am remembering correctly your damage wasnt that bad and is very fixable. Im sure after you have a decent shop fix that you should have some money left over to do other stuff and maybe buy you another CB. Just remember to NOT let that insurance company shit on you and you have to negotiate with them until you get what you deserve. Just stay strong man and dont stress over the lil shit ahah
                              $2727 to fix that damage mate.
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              Legend FSM

Comment

Working...
                              X