1992 Subaru SVX.. nice cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1992 Subaru SVX.. nice cars?

well i have a chance to buy one and i need some info on this. anyone know anything give me some point of view please
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

those are the ones with the wierd half windows in the front right?

Comment

Very nice cars. Expensive to repair, since they were fairly high-tech for their time. They had a fatal transmission flaw, though MOST on the road today should have had it corrected or rebuilt by now... because it was killing transmissions many years ago.

One scary thing is the weird glass. Break that, and it's going to be VERY expensive (and probably difficult) to have it replaced.

Performance potential is there, though they're ALL automatic. People have converted to manual with Legacy parts, though.

I've always loved the SVX. It's a beautiful car. It was built to compete with the 300zx, Supra, 3000GT, and to some extent, the RX-7. However, it was much more refined, much more luxurious, and WAY underpowered compared to those sports cars. It also priced itself into obscurity. They were very expensive cars.

Comment

Yeah that's them. lol

Mechanically i don't know much about them but a Neighbor of mine has one. It sounds amazing and just looks awesome.

I hear they are generally really overpriced b/c there's a cult following for these cars and the owners think that are " so rare"
        "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
        - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Honestly, they ARE pretty rare. Especially in good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            One scary thing is the weird glass. Break that, and it's going to be VERY expensive (and probably difficult) to have it replaced.
            insurance covers glass here in full no deductible... I know someone who had one here.. One of the windows broke with no damage to the car (not sure what window it was)... but they totaled out the car because of the cost of the window.

Comment

Wow!

Yeah, that's some serious custom glass. I love it... but replacing it would be tough. They're uncommon cars, so the chances of finding good replacements in junkyards would be slim. I've NEVER seen an SVX in a junkyard.

Comment

My neighbor has one. Its such a nice car. Only one I've seen in person.

Comment

ive always liked those cars. they only come in automatic but i think there is a possible 5spd swap
                  Last edited by Law Grandeur; 04-26-2010, 01:44 AM.

no
                  Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                  $30 HID kits here Thread
                  "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                  "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

pandaaccord has one

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

There is a guy who has an SVX at work. It is so fucking nice, holy shit. There isn't one ding or scratch on the car. It is the deep maroon color, shiny as fuck...black wheels, tint...thing is awesome.
                      VIP Status.

Comment

heres a JDM Alcyone SVX on bbs wheels =]

looks bad ass..if these were all 5 speed and AWD turbo

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Supercharged, they sound BAD ASS

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                          Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                          NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

very awkward car

Comment

I always thought they were cool cuz they were different...and a Subaru. But yeah, the auto only thing sucks.

Hard cars to find too.

Comment

Working...
                              X