Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ups has lost me as a customer

I will never ship ups again

I shipped a 1993 se coupe spoiler to a member on here. He paid me for the spoiler and the shipping ( obviously )

I sent it UPS. I wrapped the spoiler in carpet he had also bought from me to keep it safe

UPS claimed the package was damaged and they were shipping it back

They ship it back and its not too bad but they claim " Not enough packaging "

They also say they will not refund me shipping or resend it for free.

What the fuck?

So what exactly did i pay you for again? $15 so you could send my spoiler to kansas; beat the shit out of it then send it back?

Fuck you UPS

sincerely

-Tippey

That's strange because I sent a fiberglass hood scoop via UPS ground to CANADA....shit cost an arm and a leg, but it had bubble wrap around the sides rolled up to protect the edges and it was in cardboard. It arrived to the person that bought it....I even had FRAGILE stickers on it. Somehow the bubble wrap was missing and the edges were cracked to shit and the mesh that was in the scoop was detached. Filed a claim with UPS and they wouldn't do shit.
    VIP Status.

Comment

Lots and lots of bubble wrap.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

was it broken? how bad did the box look? i dont think i have heard of them returning smashed up boxs.

damn, thats why i try and use fed-ex. and im sure the same can be said for them as well. but what are you going to do

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
          was it broken? how bad did the box look? i dont think i have heard of them returning smashed up boxs.

damn, thats why i try and use fed-ex. and im sure the same can be said for them as well. but what are you going to do
          the box was TRASHED. It was a brand new box with nothing wrong with it at all. When i saw it at the store it was shreaded cardobard. it looked as if it was ran over by a car.

Comment

I don't deal with ups either... a couple years back I packaged and sent gts headlight covers.. I wrapped it with bubble and paper to absorb beatings.. but not the ups beatings.

They didn't give me anything either. Told me that bubble and paper wasn't enough.. I should of used there peanuts!

The box was so mangled it shattered the covers in so many pieces.

Usps all the way!

Comment

I know a few people who work for UPS. Oh the horror stories I have heard.

[ My Car Domian ] - [ My Members Ride Thread ] - [ Facebook ]

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
              aww_shiet
              91accordexr33

Comment

Originally posted by LordXaero View Post
                I know a few people who work for UPS. Oh the horror stories I have heard.
                Same here, the shit they would do to packages. . . lol It's tough sending stuff like that cuz u never know who's gonna get ahold of it on the other end.

Comment

I have actually been lucky receiving shit through UPS. Especially high dollar equipment I've bought for the car (clutches, flywheels, etc etc). Most of my boxes from Extreme PSI arrive smooth as butter, no dings or anything.
                  VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
                    That's strange because I sent a fiberglass hood scoop via UPS ground to CANADA....shit cost an arm and a leg, but it had bubble wrap around the sides rolled up to protect the edges and it was in cardboard. It arrived to the person that bought it....I even had FRAGILE stickers on it. Somehow the bubble wrap was missing and the edges were cracked to shit and the mesh that was in the scoop was detached. Filed a claim with UPS and they wouldn't do shit.
                    Probably a customs case, they do tap into packaging at times to inspect.
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I always used fedex. They always seemed to get my shit on time and they way it was shipped out.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

I always use USPS.

Comment

I HATE UPS!! around Christmas I couple of items, 1 of which was a set of 9293 1 piece headlights, another was a cd player, total cost of both items, almost 500 dollars. I checked the tracking numbers, said they were delivered, so I flew to my parents house to get em, not wanting to leave things like that on the curb or the porch only to find out they weren't delivered to the correct house, yet a house about a half mile away. My parents live on Cherry street, they were delivered to Grape. Thankfully the lady was nice enough to put the stuff in her house AND give it to me, once she asked a couple questions, of course. Happened to me the Christmas before too, ended up at the same house, the sad thing is, the driver was born and raised in this damn town.

So I say, fuck UPS!!

Comment

I'm no genius, but if I started seeing all of these issues with UPS and their claim that there isn't enough packaging, I'd use something besides bubble wrap. A box in a box, foam padding in the first and those REALLY big air pockets between the first and second box. Sure it's more expensive, but the stuff isn't going to deliver itself for free.

OR get UPS to package it for you. They will never deny a claim for insufficient packaging if THEY pack it.

When sending high dollar items through UPS, don't package it yourself unless you know what your doing and can prove it's enough. And don't send ground either, unless you insure it like crazy.
                            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

I've never had a problem with UPS but after reading this, I will NEVER pay them to ship something. Thanks for the heads up, guys. You may have gotten the shaft, but you saved me from getting it, too!
                              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                              Disregard females, acquire currency
                              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Working...
                              X