Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, Im on this new diet, sort of thing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, Im on this new diet, sort of thing...

Basically, the wifey has to get under 160 for the Army. She has 7 weeks to do it and she's already at 160 now. She'd like to get down to 152.

Anyway, i thought, i'll help her and lose some pounds myself.

Here's what my daily consumption:

BREAKFAST: 90-100calorie Granola bar

LUNCH: Apple, 90-100calorie Granola Bar, 4 carrot sticks, 4 celery sticks, 1Tbsp Peanut Butter.

MIDDAY: Fruit; Banana, Apple, Orange, etc.

DINNER: Whatever, but it's usually under 300 calories per serving and we each only eat 1 serving.

We then have been hitting the gym after dinner. 30min on a bike/treadmill, walk one mile then another 20-30min on a machine again.

We both drink nothing but water. We're watching our carb intake

I found this one machine that is like a pedal row machine or an inverted stair climber, anyway, I can get on it, set a comfortable resistance and in 30mins have burned off 500 calories. Plus the mile walk, then another turn on the machine. The wife usually burns about 250 in 30mins. So im burning at least 1000calories per day and she burning around 500.

Im burning off more than i intake and she's burning off right about what she intakes.

I guess my question is, does anyone see a fault or long term damage? We're not starving by any means and we are substituting proteins for meats, etc.

I dont know if you could call it a crash diet, but im not sure what it is, lol, but it's working.

Anyone have any tips or pointers?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

How's it working so far? I'm gaining pounds...should try this

life is good.

Comment

Well, we started a week ago and she was like 162.7. she's now down to 160. Ive lost like 2 pounds myself.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

hmmminteresting!!

life is good.

Comment

Indeed.

Only thing is; we've both been hungry alot but i dont think it's a bad thing, i think it's just because we're watching portion size and we're not eating as much.

You'd be surprised how filling junk food, soda and fast food is. Mainly cuz they're carbs and starches.

Comment

umm holy shit!

thats like 570 calories??? How much do you weigh and how tall are you? By eating that little calories you arent burning fat your putting your body in starvation mode and burning LBM. (lean Body Mass). Also by doing this you are slowing down your metabolism to make up for the fact your starving. this mean you will need to eat less and less to keep losing weight. You need to find your maintenance amount of calories and subtract 500. This will avg 2lbs a week of pure fat if your strict. Cardio will help burn off fat too obvi.
            Last edited by Bcozzi71; 04-20-2010, 11:47 AM.

Comment

5"10. 318.

I already have a slow metabo. I may be eating less, but im eating more often.

How do you find maintenace calories?

Comment

Your maint. calories are what you burn in a day, try a calorie calculator online

life is good.

Comment

Well, like i stated, i burn 900-1000 at the gym alone. I dont do much at work, so pretty much all of my daily exercise is the gym.

Comment

I work out 30+ minutes every day. An online calculator, which i entered my age, height and weight into, said i should be consuming 3300 calories. 2300 for the wife.

So, do i(we) subtract 500 from that and intake that much, or burn that much in a day?

Comment

i found that you should eat about 3750 calories a day to stay the same weight. (i said you were 28 since i didn't know your age). You should eat 3250 calories a day to lose 2lbs a week. If you eat 3250 calories and not workout at all or eat 4000 calories and burn off 750 with cardio it doesnt matter as long as you get the right amount.

Also eating more often doesn't up metabolism. The only real benefit of eating more often is not being hungry all the time.

Also remember that HIIT training burns more calories then staying at the same speed for long periods of time. HOWEVER the best way to burn fat is lifting weight since you not only burn calories during the workout you burn for up to 48hrs after.

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/calories-burned.php

Comment

good info here, i need to drop some poundage as well.
                        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Im trying to drop some pounds but before I was getting chubby I could eat what I wanted. I had a very active job but then I got unemployed and I was sitting around. I have lost about 7lbs in the past few weeks.

Comment

I need to lose weight....

wanna buy an ounce???

lol. Had to.. In keeping up with the day's festivities.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                              Only thing is; we've both been hungry alot but i dont think it's a bad thing, i think it's just because we're watching portion size and we're not eating as much.

Eat wheat bread with peanut butter on it, then chase that down with a big glass of milk. It'll keep your hunger at bay for at least a couple of hours. Peanut butter is great for you anyway, so you could easily (pardon the pun) go nuts on the stuff and still come out ahead.
                              Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                              D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                              ┴─┴
                              ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Working...
                              X