Roller Painted 89' Toyota Corolla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roller Painted 89' Toyota Corolla

so ive been up in CT for a week because my car snapped a timing belt on the way to the ATL meet... so we took a trip to CT for the week to waste or vacation time...

while i was up here i planned on helping my girlfriends brother out with his beat up 89' Toyota Corolla that he was slowly but surely "ricing" the shit out of it... he already had the trunk and hood painted black, painted his jams black, bay black, stock alloys black and welded on a big fart can that faced down with neons under the dash

so i said just stop and i told him that by the end of the week i was gonna have his car looking really good with my touch on things and eliminate all the Rice.... so here is what we started with till almost the end

since i wasnt expecting to document this i dont have a before picture of the car just imagine the worst sun faded red 89 corolla lol it was bad

you can kind of see the old color on the doors corner

polished up his tails

I did all this without a buffer..... 2 coats of paint since his car was red already... first coat went on and then i wet sanded it with 1000 grit and then another coat and another sandin down with 1000 then i hand buffed... in three stages

i painted his valve cover and wrinkled it, cleaned and painted his block, and blackhoused his headlights.... polished his fart can and refurbished his bumpers back to oem look more pics to come lmk what yu think

^^MY OLD RIDE
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3052591 <<**CURRENT DA9 BUILD**

Looks awesome dude, I don't know about this "roller paint", although a lot of folks do it I suppose. What does it entail? (besides the obvious). It'd be good for a winter beater, paint it up some hilarious color like hot pink.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
      Looks awesome dude, I don't know about this "roller paint", although a lot of folks do it I suppose. What does it entail? (besides the obvious). It'd be good for a winter beater, paint it up some hilarious color like hot pink.
      http://www.rollyourcar.com

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
      I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

how long did it take you? i want to do this to my mom's dying prelude lol

it does look like you got orange peel though
        Last edited by Law Grandeur; 04-17-2010, 03:22 AM.

no
        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
        $30 HID kits here Thread
        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
          Thanks Ander

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
            Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
            how long did it take you? i want to do this to my mom's dying prelude lol

it does look like you got orange peel though

it would have taken one day but he is really really lazy so it lasted for like 3-days but i only did two coats...... i left most of the sanding to him which in turn left orange peel but i had to let him do some of the work my side came out fine.... it really can be simple especially if the car was already the color and if you have a real buffer... but all in all it came out better then what his looked like

^^MY OLD RIDE

Comment

LOL, well it IS an 89 Rolla. Doesn't need to be perfect I spose. Still looks fine imo

life is good.

Comment

"Rolla" paint job for an 89 "rolla".

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

wow....IT'S LOOKS GREAT FOR JUST A PERSON WITH A CAN OF PAINT
                  VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                  1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                  MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Originally posted by 1badacc View Post
                    it would have taken one day but he is really really lazy so it lasted for like 3-days but i only did two coats...... i left most of the sanding to him which in turn left orange peel but i had to let him do some of the work my side came out fine.... it really can be simple especially if the car was already the color and if you have a real buffer... but all in all it came out better then what his looked like
                    so it COULD be a one day job. for two coats it isnt that bad at all.

no
                    $30 HID kits here Thread
                    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

yessir one day job if you put the effort in and its sunny out

^^MY OLD RIDE

Comment

nice. cant wait to try this. apparently, my friend wants to roll his old fox body. cant wait to try it out

no
                        $30 HID kits here Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                          nice. cant wait to try this. apparently, my friend wants to roll his old fox body. cant wait to try it out
                          let us know. i demand picz0rs law!

life is good.

Comment

As requested MOAR PICTARS

Motor

Whole Car Hood and roof not polished

Trunk not polished up

sorry for shitty cell pics

^^MY OLD RIDE

Comment

for a rolla it doesnt look bad at all.... i think i might look more into this roller paint shit... atleast to get rid of the flat shitty black...
                              Members Ride sold...
                              I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Working...
                              X