Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

never allow kids to practice with BB guns....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never allow kids to practice with BB guns....

g/f had a cheap plastic BB hand gun i got from walmart. it had like 5-6 BBs in it. she kept pointing it at me so i got my $25 P99 i got off airsplat.com and pointed it at her. she got a shot off thinking she wouldnt hit no one and got the youngest one with it. she cried. but i got my g/f back since she got the daughter.

she came in side and left the gun on the table. the other one came in and grabbed it. i told her to put it down or ill get her. well she got down the hall and got a shot off and got me in the chest. not just like near the collar bone but dead center when the heart is(offset to the left).

stung like a bi***. lmao. i let them shoot the 2 hand guns at a box outside. the older one held it like she was some sort of "gansta". lmao. you know like sideways. lol. they'd tear someone up if they were old enough for the airsoft field. lol.

not to self: never allow kids to play GTA or handle BB guns. lol.

i have 5 of them. 2 of them are battery operated and 3 are spring loaded(cock it back for each shot). all are left on safety and the spring loaded ones are left unloaded except the P99. THAT one looks like a real gun and i have it for home defense. along with the M4 that has a range of 200ft. but up close hurts like crap on single or full auto

Comment

I'm not hatin'...
      But a BB gun for home defense?

This is Ours.
      NOT a BB gun, Lolz.

The first/best line of Defense...

Oh, and yes, safety first always!!
      Last edited by LadyG; 04-12-2010, 11:25 PM.
      Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

when u let kids play with bb guns, they have to end up paying $130 for the neighbors window lol

my brother did that stupid stunt a few weeks back..

and he also shot himself in the hand before and had to have the bb surgically removed.

but were talking about a co2 powered bb gun

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG94CB7 View Post
          I'm not hatin'...

This is Ours.
          NOT a BB gun, Lolz.

well having 2 kids that are 6 and 7, having a real gun isnt an option. lol. plus i have to go thru getting a license and all. and in my nieghborhood your not allowed to have firearms(guns with real bullets. lol). the one with a 200ft range will break the skin if your within 10ft. which in my house, you can be. lol. the dogs are there for the warning. they cant do much. just bark. lol.

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
          when u let kids play with bb guns, they have to end up paying $130 for the neighbors window lol

and he also shot himself in the hand before and had to have the bb surgically removed.

lmao. yeah. i dont let them go no where with them. i yell at them to put it down before i let them run around outside with them. i let them fire off a couple bbs and i was standing right there while they shot at a box in the front.

and yeah. a Co2 powered one aint gonna happen either. that is TOO powerful to have with them around. those shoot over 500fps(feet per second). that will definitely pierce the skin. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post

Or some kid dies or loses his eye sight.

Comment

im pretty sure a spring powered bb gun wouldnt break a window. not even a single pane where i accidently put my hand through from pushing it.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I'm not hatin'...

This is Ours.
                NOT a BB gun, Lolz.

No guns in my house. I have a chihuahua... and a 3' long saber. The chihuahua is worthless for home defense (he doesn't even bark... ever...) but the saber has worked well on one occasion so far.

Comment

I am going to be frank.

I have school age children.
                  My guns are locked and kept according to the law.
                  We are permitted.
                  I do not allow my children to play with BB guns, toy guns, ect. for one reason.

I own guns.

They MUST respect that a weapon is a weapon, not a plaything.
                  My children have never seen my guns. Hopefully they never will-outside of a range. They are not old enough for that, yet.

Have you ever heard of a kid from a huntin' family accidentally killing a neighbor kid, playing with daddy's gun?
                  NO.
                  Because those kids KNOW what that gun is for. Its only the children that see it glamorized/marginalized that "play" with weapons.

END RANT/
                  LOL.

And Hurley (the dog) would EAT a mo'fo come up in herr uninvited.
                  He is as big as I.

Comment

well my 17 year old brother is the only other one that uses it.

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

I'm not saying don't post about guns... but if you do, and you've got wrong information, expect me to say something. I'm not an expert but I have a pretty good idea of laws, etc. So............. yeah... here we go again.

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                      i have 5 of them. 2 of them are battery operated and 3 are spring loaded(cock it back for each shot). all are left on safety and the spring loaded ones are left unloaded except the P99. THAT one looks like a real gun and i have it for home defense. along with the M4 that has a range of 200ft. but up close hurts like crap on single or full auto
                      You're bringing a knife to a gun fight. You'd be better off with a baseball bat than a toy gun. Hell, get pepper spray.. or a soapy water solution in a squirt bottle... or a feather... ANYTHING over a toy gun.

I'm not hatin'...

This is Ours.
                      NOT a BB gun, Lolz.

I am hatin', thinking a toy gun can be used for home defense is insane. I hope you have life insurance, Shadow1.

LadyG, nice. Mossberg 500? Yours?

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                      well having 2 kids that are 6 and 7, having a real gun isnt an option. lol. plus i have to go thru getting a license and all. and in my nieghborhood your not allowed to have firearms(guns with real bullets. lol). the one with a 200ft range will break the skin if your within 10ft. which in my house, you can be. lol. the dogs are there for the warning. they cant do much. just bark. lol.
                      I've told you what you have to do to get a gun before. They AREN'T illegal in any neighborhood. You can own an AK in NYC for gods sake. Guns can be completely safe with any age kid(s) in the house. If you don't want to own a gun, fine, but saying it's illegal in your neighborhood is false information. Also, using a toy in a home defense situation is completely ridiculous. You'd be better off putting a heavy door on everyone's room.

No home intruder is going to go "ouch, that stings you little rascal" as they run at you with a knife or firearm.

Airsoft is a great training platform. If you have kids and they want to play you should always run through the 4 basic rules of firearm safety. 1). Assume all firearms are loaded 2). control the muzzle and where it's pointed 3). keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire 4). be sure of your target and what's beyond it.

Sure airsoft is a toy but it's a good way to teach kids about firearms while having fun. YOU NEED TO TEACH YOUR KIDS about gun safety in case they're in a situation where they think a real gun is an airsoft gun.
                      My Car
                      FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

I am going to be frank.

I have school age children.
                        My guns are locked and kept according to the law.
                        We are permitted.
                        I do not allow my children to play with BB guns, toy guns, ect. for one reason.

I own guns.

They MUST respect that a weapon is a weapon, not a plaything.
                        My children have never seen my guns. Hopefully they never will-outside of a range. They are not old enough for that, yet.

Have you ever heard of a kid from a huntin' family accidentally killing a neighbor kid, playing with daddy's gun?
                        NO.
                        Because those kids KNOW what that gun is for. Its only the children that see it glamorized/marginalized that "play" with weapons.

END RANT/
                        LOL.

And Hurley (the dog) would EAT a mo'fo come up in herr uninvited.
                        He is as big as I.
                        You've got the right idea
                        My Car
                        FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Omg who the heck gives a bb gun to a child....It's like giving your child to Micheal Jackson.....or giving a lighter and propane and make him start burning stuff...
                          VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                          1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                          MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Yes, sir. Mine enough.
                            I hated the action of the handgun.
                            I like shotguns better.
                            BF traded a spare turbo kit and ect. parts for it. Good Man.
                            Last edited by LadyG; 04-13-2010, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
                              I'm not saying don't post about guns... but if you do, and you've got wrong information, expect me to say something. I'm not an expert but I have a pretty good idea of laws, etc. So............. yeah... here we go again.

You're bringing a knife to a gun fight. You'd be better off with a baseball bat than a toy gun. Hell, get pepper spray.. or a soapy water solution in a squirt bottle... or a feather... ANYTHING over a toy gun.

I am hatin', thinking a toy gun can be used for home defense is insane. I hope you have life insurance, Shadow1.

LadyG, nice. Mossberg 500? Yours?

I've told you what you have to do to get a gun before. They AREN'T illegal in any neighborhood. You can own an AK in NYC for gods sake. Guns can be completely safe with any age kid(s) in the house. If you don't want to own a gun, fine, but saying it's illegal in your neighborhood is false information. Also, using a toy in a home defense situation is completely ridiculous. You'd be better off putting a heavy door on everyone's room.

No home intruder is going to go "ouch, that stings you little rascal" as they run at you with a knife or firearm.

Airsoft is a great training platform. If you have kids and they want to play you should always run through the 4 basic rules of firearm safety. 1). Assume all firearms are loaded 2). control the muzzle and where it's pointed 3). keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire 4). be sure of your target and what's beyond it.

Sure airsoft is a toy but it's a good way to teach kids about firearms while having fun. YOU NEED TO TEACH YOUR KIDS about gun safety in case they're in a situation where they think a real gun is an airsoft gun.
                              You quite literally took EVERY word out of my mouth. Terence, using a BB gun to scare someone into thinking you have a real gun is going to get you killed bro. You didn't even bring a knife to a gun fight. Get a hand gun. Learn about it. Take it apart and find out how it works. Go to the range and practice once a week. And not just standing there. Chances are, when you need it, you're target won't be 5, 10, 15 or 20 feet away standing still facing you. Practice firing on the move. Practice on a moving target. Practice in the dark if and when possible.

Just please GOD throw away that "self defense" BB gun before I read a post on here from your wife about how you are on life support from a gun shot wound inflicted by a thief. Please bro.
                              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                              Disregard females, acquire currency
                              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Working...
                              X