Cell service providers/carriers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cell service providers/carriers.

I have Verizon Wireless. Who do ya'll have?

This is kind of a two-part/three question topic. There are so many prepaid plans with different providers these days, anyone have any input on who might be the best? So far I've looked into AT&T's "GO" plan/phones, $70/mo unlimited everything, nationwide. Their coverage out here in Vermont sucks taint though...seemed a bit steep at first, but then I realized that I spend that much a month with VZW now, for a limited plan.

So my third question is, Do you guys personally like the idea of no-contract plans for yourselves, or do you prefer a contract with a carrier?

life is good.

i got verizon, only thing that sucked about it was i got roaming charges any time i brought my phone to jay peak cause it picked up cell towers in quebec.

Comment

alot of people i know have boost 50 a month unlimited

Comment

I've discovered that the prepay plans don't use the same network for web access as a plan phone. Before the switch, I called Sprint about he $50 unlimited, told him I was with Revol ( which is another prepay phone company) and he was blatanatly honest about it. He said if I wasn't happy with them , I wouldn't be happy with Boost. He said they're both ISDN and the web access was slow and crappy. We went with AT&T, and so far, I'm happy with it. The first bill was a shocker, over twice what we expected, but then when we reviewed, it's for two months, and included activation fees. And I love it. Most of my FB posts are from my phone browser. I can set it up to post replies and things as SMS, but I like the browser better.

Comment

I'd look into AT&T, but their service most places up in northern and central vt kinda lacks.

My contract is up with VZW, and I'm just lookin around to see who may be slightly cheaper.

These are the carriers available to us btw (not prepaid):

us cellular
          verizon
          at/t
          sprint

in terms of Prepaid:
          boost mobile
          straight talk (a new tracfone company)
          GO by AT&T
          Verizon prepaid (sucks)
          Tracfone itself
          and maybe one or two others lol

life is good.

Comment

i havent had any real issues with sprint but two phones with unlimited everything costs me 140 a month

Comment

I guess that's not too bad. $70 per phone for your plan? I don't believe we have Sprint here available to me.

life is good.

Comment

its 129+tax round about 140....everyone talks mad shit about sprint but they are the cheapest for the everything plan...

Comment

verizon ftw.

Comment

I gots Verizon.

Verizon FTW.
                    HondAccordMan-1991 Honda Accord LX Sedan

Click for MRT thread

Comment

PagePlus here. it is a prepaid service that been around 1998. uses verizon network and also can roam for extra which most prepaid don't. can use all verizon phones cept the psalm blackberry and older htc phones. but can use the rest of any verizon phones. free activation and setup. also for unlimited talk and txt and 20mn data is 39.95 no tax.

or can spend as low as 10 bucks and that will last you 4 months before you add another ten or whatever and get rollover from the previous months if there is any.

this plan i think is better than straighttalk since straighttak dont' do roaming and they are limited in what phones they will support.

virgin mobile i think is good which is based of sprint. and boost is my second fav. i jsut heard that some phones you can get 3g data on boost but not sure on that.

if i were you i'd check out howardforums.com.

right now i'm selling my htc vx6800 gettin a samsung saga for my plan hehe!
                      1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

I just got Straighttalk, as my vzw contract was up and I did not feel like a renew this time around. $45 unlimited everything. Gotta love it

life is good.

Comment

Which phone did you get? I see Straight Talk now has a smart phone, haven't really looked into it, though.

Comment

Working...
                          X