Cutting my losses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutting my losses

So after almost exactly a year of owning my second accord it went to the scrap yard.....kinda sad....but not really as there really wasnt much motivation for this car after the fall hit last year......In all the time I owned the car I drove it down the street and back once.........

thats it

Spent too much money on it...which im never gonna see again....but meh when its time to move on its time to move on....did it with my 91 audi 100 quattro today as well....and a few weeks ago I traded my 93 civic for a 92 toyota cressida.........

which I found in a junk yard

anyways heres carnage pics.....i didnt take any parts off....apart from the parts promised to fellow canadian members.

last shot at home

arrival

initial carnage

final carnage

dead.....well soon to be dead

Ive rented that uhaul trailer so many times that the guy gave it to me for free for 5 days.....Gotta love having a brother in law who has a 07 ram cummins haha....i gave him the profits from the accord

Also that junkyard cressida only needs a blinker, rear brake line and a stupid specific lugnut to pass safety.
    Last edited by King James; 04-05-2010, 03:35 PM.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Pick up the lug not tomorow James.. Ive got a ton of them

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
    dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

<

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Why didnt you sell it as a whole? It didnt have any rust. Man i would have loved a new passenger door.

Comment

It has rust... just not as bad as yours!

Sorry to see it go, man. Honestly, CB7s at this point are only good if you're dedicated to the project. It's rare to find one that's ready to be driven reliably and modified safely without requiring regular repairs along the way. They're becoming restoration projects as well as tuning projects. It's certainly a worthy platform for those willing and able to do it, but they're not for everyone anymore.

I hope you at least stick around here, even if you're cb7less!

Comment

I didnt sell it as a whole cuz as mentioned it does have rust....and cuz it was in pieces because I was in the midst of a complete suspension/body work overhaul....The only problem was it just wasnt my first accord.....never really felt any real connection to the car....the only real reason I even did get as involved into a build with the car was as I started to fix one thing I noticed another thing wrong....I figured why not just do it all at once....then it snowballed and so it sat for months.

I found the cressida....which in my eyes is like the cb....unappreciated and unknown for the potential they actually possess.....I just REALLY like the fact the back wheels spin on the cressie haha

Deev Ill for sure be stickin around.....I did last time with no cb.....this place is too much of a home to me now for me not to visit often haha

Comment

its ok bro, just stick around. I sold my cb to a local member and bought a CG. Once the passion is gone, its gone.

Ill always be around here no matter what I own
              1993 Accord LX - Sold
              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Are you selling the cressida?
                My Car
                FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  It has rust... just not as bad as yours!

Sorry to see it go, man. Honestly, CB7s at this point are only good if you're dedicated to the project. It's rare to find one that's ready to be driven reliably and modified safely without requiring regular repairs along the way. They're becoming restoration projects as well as tuning projects. It's certainly a worthy platform for those willing and able to do it, but they're not for everyone anymore.

I hope you at least stick around here, even if you're cb7less!
                  very true indeed.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
                    Are you selling the cressida?
                    is that an offer? lol......but unless I get offered a stupid amount of money for the car I doubt Ill be selling it off anytime soon.

Comment

Yeah it's an offer but only if you were selling for a non-stupid amount of money

I'm going to need to buy a Canadian car this summer I expect.
                      My Car
                      FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

haha sorry....if i already had a car that I was fully involved with I would sell it in a heartbeat....but ill regret it if I let it go

Comment

Hope you stick around the site, and thanks for the parts.

Comment

Working...
                          X