Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death rod knock....

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Whad u do?
    Revv to 20k?
    Your man for wiring solutions!
    CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
    CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
      Whad u do?
      Revv to 20k?
      No, just bought an engine from some local dude

Maximas are so cheap.... I could get a fully loaded 95-97 for ~the cost of an H

Def don't want another F

Car's rollin w/about 1500 worth of decent parts (5 lug + rear disc conversion + wheels, JDM intake manifold, 2.5" exhaust + cat, system, Prelude BBK) so fuck it. Gonna break it down and chop it up

Car was doomed from the start... I readily admit it was probably one of the worst purchases I've ever made. What's funny is even with the rod knock, outside of the busted fender it's in much better shape than when I bought it I'm gonna bring bruno2787 on my next car buying trip
      Last edited by gloryaccordy; 04-04-2010, 11:41 AM.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Wait the car in your signature?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          yes

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            Yep

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
              Yep
              damn dude how many motors is that so far?

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Yaw, you have the worst luck (or judgement) when buying cars! DEFINITELY take bruno with you next time! The man knows his stuff, and he knows how to negotiate a deal in his favor!

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                  damn dude how many motors is that so far?
                  The next one would be #4. I haven't put more than 6K miles on this car in 2 years! The first swap wasn't out of need though. I mean the motor smoked a little bit, but it was OK otherwise.

Comment

The next one would be #4. I haven't put more than 6K miles on this car in 2 years! The first swap wasn't out of need though. I mean the motor smoked a little bit, but it was OK otherwise.
                    daaaaaayyyuuuuuum.[ why not just get a newer car how many miles. Wait did you drive the car at all or did it just sit there. If it just sat there i hope you started it every once in awhile. Cause if not maybe thats why it probably underwent more stress from just sitting there and almost siezed up

Comment

MTA is calling you !!!!
                      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Knocking got really bad. Taking it in to break it down tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                          daaaaaayyyuuuuuum.[ why not just get a newer car how many miles. Wait did you drive the car at all or did it just sit there. If it just sat there i hope you started it every once in awhile. Cause if not maybe thats why it probably underwent more stress from just sitting there and almost siezed up
                          Dude your sig is too small, make it bigger!

Comment

dude, take one of those motors and get the bottom rebuilt, honestly. check the crank journals and recondition the rods. it should never rod knock if you dont run it low on oil. surface the cylinder head and slap it on with a new head gasket.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              dude, take one of those motors and get the bottom rebuilt, honestly. check the crank journals and recondition the rods. it should never rod knock if you dont run it low on oil. surface the cylinder head and slap it on with a new head gasket.
                              Maybe with the next CB if I don't go H. But that won't be for a few years. I already have ppl calling dibs on the parts, and I'm planning on helping buy my brother a car and moving to Manhattan where I won't need a car anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X