Minor rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor rant

I went to my folks' house to move a television for them and use their driveway to put on the new orange neons the wife bought me for my birthday.
    Things were going great, I managed to find a place to mount the front tube so you couldn't see it and had moved on to one of the side tubes. I screwed in the back mount, decided the front mount wasn't going to work, so I set that end gently on the ground and unscrewed the back one, to discover that the inside tube had broken somehow.
    I also discovered that I've acquired a lower end oil leak somewhere. I thought it was the crank seal at first, but the back of the crank pulley is bone dry, and the oil pan is wet all the way around, so I'm hoping it's just the oil pan gasket.

Nothing major, but both things together were enough to put a hella damper on my day.

gotta love it! That's life my man. No worries, it could always be worse.

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

Oh, definitely. I feel bad because the neons were a gift from the wife, and I broke one before I even got to power them up. Hopefully I can find a replacement tube for cheap. If not, I'm going with LED rope next time around.

Comment

I prefer LED anyways. Brighter and longer lasting. Still, that's a keeper of a wife if she bought you under glows!! Congrats on the woman alone,

Don't sweat it man, we've all fucked shit up trying to get it done. The difference lies in the fact that you were being careful. Most of us get in a hurry, ruin something, then throw a fit about it haha. You were just like, "Damn, this sucks..."

Shit happens, right?
        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
        Disregard females, acquire currency
        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
          I prefer LED anyways. Brighter and longer lasting. Still, that's a keeper of a wife if she bought you under glows!! Congrats on the woman alone,

Don't sweat it man, we've all fucked shit up trying to get it done. The difference lies in the fact that you were being careful. Most of us get in a hurry, ruin something, then throw a fit about it haha. You were just like, "Damn, this sucks..."

Shit happens, right?
          Yeah, she's a keeper. The underglows, a bisimoto heat shielding IM gasket, and a set of seat covers to hold me over until I can afford some decent racing seats. I probably would have been more upset if I hadn't popped my afternoon klonopin an hour or so before.

Comment

I hear that!! I just took my last Vicoden for the day, feeling right nice I must say. Shopping for my next project car. Nitro circus on the tv, and cb7tuner on the laptop. Life's pretty fuckin good man, never forget it.
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

I always try to remember it. Even when things look bad, I've got a happy healthy family, we're not on the streets, we're fed and I occasionally get to spend some money on the car.

Comment

That's what's up man, it's a lot more than many many people have. So keep them feet on the ground and that head in the clouds

Comment

SO I sent a message to the seller on ebay about the broken tube, and they said I have two options:

Ship the original kit back and pay for the shipping and they would ship me another one,

Or

Send them $25 to cover shipping and handling, and they'll send me another complete kit, minus remotes, and I can keep the original kit for spare parts.

Hmmmm.......

I figure it will cost me enough in shipping to make it totally worthwhile to just get another kit for $25.

Comment

I was expecting pics, Not excuses young man.

j/K. Lolz.

Uh, yeah!
                    More glow-less dough For The WIN!!!
                    Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Id keep the old tubes. You could double up the front/rears or put the 2 smaller ones either inside the car or on the sides underneath. Double up somewhere, lol.

Good luck mounting them too. I had to cut a section out of the underisde of the rear bumper in order to "tuck" it away. Here, in Missouri, if the bulb is visible, it's illegal. Even it's a legal color.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                        Id keep the old tubes. You could double up the front/rears or put the 2 smaller ones either inside the car or on the sides underneath. Double up somewhere, lol.

Good luck mounting them too. I had to cut a section out of the underisde of the rear bumper in order to "tuck" it away. Here, in Missouri, if the bulb is visible, it's illegal. Even it's a legal color.
                        I hate being able to see the tube. The back is going to be the worst, I think, but I'll tuck it somehow, even if I have to fabricate a bracket out of sheetmetal to mount it on.

Comment

I found my front tube broken and in pieces today. Looks like it was intentionally broken then the end was tucked up under the bumper flap thing.

Pissed me off. I dont use them anymore, but still.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                            I found my front tube broken and in pieces today. Looks like it was intentionally broken then the end was tucked up under the bumper flap thing.

Pissed me off. I dont use them anymore, but still.
                            Ya know?

Comment

Sorry, lol.

I was at the end of my overnight shift when i installed mine and, like i said, i ended up cutting a piece out of the underside of the rear bumper to get the rear tube mounted. If you have a lip or something that can hide the tube, so to speak, it'd work.

I'll have to keep an eye on this and see what you come up with.

Comment

Working...
                              X